Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

starting to worry about traction

They might just need some break in time kinda like the 10s, lateral cuts had me slipping and sliding a bit which threw me off big time today, the court was rather clean too.  The prices I stated are all Canadian, the full length zoom option is $20 on top of the $350.  All in they are just under $400.00.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love these.  Just hoping the traction get better with time

The zoom option is $25 on top of $325. The standard shoe is actually cheaper than the X.

Would love to buy these but $265 CAD is too much for me. The Nike ID with full length zoom costs like $385 CAD after tax. So sad that I can't get these.

The shoes are cheaper here than in the US.

$265 Canadian is $187 US at the moment.

Tried them on yesterday and really liked them. Going to try and wait for the Purple Fades (no release date yet, right?) but might cave on the BHM.

BHMs are dropping on the 22nd they got pushed back a week. They are on Eastbays release calendar for the 22nd. 

They fit perfect. I used an 8 insole to play In them. Gives me a little more room lighter and less bulky

Good to know. Have you put an 11 midsole inside a 8 and played in them? Love my 8's and it would be great if I could use a full length zoom Kobe 11 midsole in place of a lunarlon midsole

Last edited:
Good to know. Have you put an 11 midsole inside a 8 and played in them? Love my 8's and it would be great if I could use a full length zoom Kobe 11 midsole in place of a lunarlon midsole

Put it in my 8 and just walked around. Did not get a chance to play in them(have not been playing a lot lately). Felt pretty good. The 8's are my favorite basketball shoe and the XI's are the closest to them, so far

Some guy was saying you could buy an zoom air insole thing on eBay and put it under your current insole for the 8. But I ordered the 11 also because I want to see how it compares to my Kobe 8. If I don't like it I'll return it. Everyone got their panties in a bunch when I said that. I still don't see why

Everybody was complaining to whoever said they were going to ball in their shoes for 3 weeks and then return them. If you legitimately don't like the shoes then by all means, return them. To tell yourself in advance that you'll put plenty of wear on them and return them just cause you can... huge difference and that was the issue!

Last edited:
are the XI's that released Elite Lows? So no more Elite low releases? How bout Elite Highs?

are the XI's that released Elite Lows? So no more Elite low releases? How bout Elite Highs?
I was actually thrown off by that on NDC yesterday. I thought that there was simply going to be the Kobe XI. Then I see them on NDC as the "Kobe XI Elite."

Yeah that's what's on the labels. And if this is the only version were getting as it is reported, I would say you're correct

Everybody was complaining to whoever said they were going to ball in their shoes for 3 weeks and then return them. If you legitimately don't like the shoes then by all means, return them. To tell yourself in advance that you'll put plenty of wear on them and return them just cause you can... huge difference and that was the issue!
Oh that was me. Guess i worded it wrong. Hard to find good basketball shoes that don't hurt my feet. Only the 8s haven't hurt my feet. Dunno whyb

Yea I noticed the Achilles heel box says Kobe XI Elite Low so I wonder if there is a non-elite low? Also shouldn't the elite have the best basketball setup? So if full-length zoom insert option exists, why didn't Achilles heel ELITE low not have it?

Back
Top Bottom