Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

Kaman at $10 million this year. Biedrins makes $9 million
smh.gif
. Kill me now.

Originally Posted by K Rods Slider

Haven't had time to check in, but I'm glad the Clippers have won 3 in a row!

same here, Kaman showing what he's capable off when healthy, hopefully he keeps it up until blake comes back, i'll be going to the game later...

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Kaman Named NBA Western Conference Player of the Week
Monday, November 9, 2009 - 12:00 pm

The National Basketball Association today named Clippers' center Chris Kaman as the Western Conference Player of the Week for games played Monday, November 2nd through Sunday, November 8th.
Kaman led the Clippers to a 3-0 week, averaging 24.3 points on .574 shooting from the field, 9.7 rebounds and 2.0 blocks. Kaman, who is currently in the midst of a career-long six-game streak with 20 or more points, tallied a high for the week with 25 points, 11 rebounds and two blocks in a 93-90 win over Minnesota on November 2nd.

Kaman followed up his performance against the Timberwolves with a 22 point, nine rebound and three block night in the Clippers' 118-90 win at Golden State on November 6th. He closed the week out with by tallying 22 points, nine rebounds and four assists in a 113-100 win over Memphis on November 7th.

In seven games played this season, Kaman has tallied 23.0 points, 9.9 rebounds, 1.9 blocks and 38.6 minutes per game.

Atlanta's Joe Johnson received the award for the Eastern Conference.

95u3ih_th.gif

If there ever was a year for the Cave Man to make the all-star game, this is it. I can feel it coming.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Anyone know why Eric Gordon didn't play vs new Orleans?

pulled groin... no timetable for his return yet

glad I wasn't home to watch this game tonight

I was at the game last night, felt like New Orleans made everything they threw up whether it was an open or contested 3 and all kinds of lay ups and putbacks and the total opposite with the Clippers, I was shocked to see the Hornets only shoot 50% for the game, it felt like they were shooting 60% and abovespecially devin brown, Kaman had a bad game, we were disorganized on offense and had too many missed FT's and got out rebounded, hopefully we'll have abetter game against OKC

[h2]Clippers' Eric Gordon out 10 more days[/h2]
By Mark J. Miller

Los Angeles Clippers shooting guard Eric Gordon(notes) will be out for at least 10 days with a strained left groin muscle, according to the Los Angeles Times. It's a big blow to the team since he was averaging18.9 points, 4.0 assists and 3.3 rebounds in 38.4 minutes per game.

The second-year pro apparently injured himself against the New Orleans Hornets Saturday during a crushing 112-84 loss.

So add the six games hell miss to the ones rookie forward Blake Griffin(notes) (stress fracture in his left kneecap) and the Clips are looking pretty shorthanded right about now.

Source: Los Angeles Times

frown.gif
He was having such a great start. Hope this doesn't linger for therest of the season.

I'm finally gonna get to watch a clipper game tonight
pimp.gif

^ Damn you stay gettin bomb @!! seats
95u3ih_th.gif
win or lose
yup gotta catch some games when i can from my busy schedule, seems like forever since the last game i attended that the team won dating back fromlast year i think, hopefully we win tonight against a struggling OKC team

forgot to mention, no Kaman on the NBA all star ballot, you can vote him in though with the additional vote on the ballot

^ Yeah I peeped that.
eyes.gif

btw with EJ & BG out guys like DJ, Thornton, Ricky & Rush need to step it up on both ends of the court.
tired.gif

^ Yeah I peeped that.
eyes.gif

btw with EJ & BG out guys like DJ, Thornton, Ricky & Rush need to step it up on both ends of the court.
tired.gif
the last game was frustrating, a lot of missed layups and FT's, Al even missed a putback slam and whatever happened to ricky davis? he used tobe a slasher and the whole game he was just settling for jump shots on fastbreaks too

How can the Western Conference Player of the Week be left out of the AS Ballot?
Pure BS!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-091114-15

The first coach fired in the NBA this season -- New Orleans' Byron Scott -- was dismissed 10 days earlier than the first coach fired last season: Oklahoma City's P.J. Carlesimo on Nov. 22, 2008.

That immediately prompted one top executive I know to ask the question surely being asked all over the league today: "Will Byron's firing start an avalanche the way P.J.'s did last year?"

Another avalanche of that magnitude is unlikely. A record six coaching changes were made before Christmas last season.

But there will be more this season. Maybe soon, too. One source plugged in to Clipperland insists owner Donald Sterling has already flirted seriously with the idea of dismissing Mike Dunleavy immediately, even though prized rookie Blake Griffin's debut has been put on hold because of his recent knee injury, and despite the fact that Dunleavy still is owed $5 million next season on top of this season's $5 million.

Doubts persist about Sterling's willingness to let Dunleavy go with that much money left on his contract, but attendance is flagging, and the offseason addition of John Lucas as an assistant coach appears to give Sterling an easy and inexpensive option for an interim replacement with NBA head-coaching experience.

You'll note that the Clippers began the week by losing by 28 points at home to the same New Orleans team whose consistent lack of competitive zeal so far this season -- Chris Paul aside -- helped get Scott canned so quickly.

One trusted source I consulted this week suggests Dunleavy could leave the bench and still retain his front-office gig, given that several of his recent roster moves -- drafting Eric Gordon, foisting Zach Randolph on Memphis for a nice chunk of cap space next summer and stealing Rasual Butler from the salary-dumping Hornets -- have been excellent. Instead of paying Dunleavy to leave, Sterling appears to have the option of keeping him as personnel chief, since Dunleavy and Lucas are longtime pals and presumably could coexist in a GM-coach relationship.

Yet another trusted source, however, says Dunleavy wouldn't accept serving as GM only, which further muddles the picture.

95u3ih_th.gif

I hope we lose by 40 tonite.

I say get Dunleavy off the bench asap PLEASE. Hes made some good moves as GM but dont crown him yet. This off-season is where we will see what kind of GM hecould/can be for us. We got cap space and we better sign a big name and make some trades also.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-091114-15

The first coach fired in the NBA this season -- New Orleans' Byron Scott -- was dismissed 10 days earlier than the first coach fired last season: Oklahoma City's P.J. Carlesimo on Nov. 22, 2008.

That immediately prompted one top executive I know to ask the question surely being asked all over the league today: "Will Byron's firing start an avalanche the way P.J.'s did last year?"

Another avalanche of that magnitude is unlikely. A record six coaching changes were made before Christmas last season.

But there will be more this season. Maybe soon, too. One source plugged in to Clipperland insists owner Donald Sterling has already flirted seriously with the idea of dismissing Mike Dunleavy immediately, even though prized rookie Blake Griffin's debut has been put on hold because of his recent knee injury, and despite the fact that Dunleavy still is owed $5 million next season on top of this season's $5 million.

Doubts persist about Sterling's willingness to let Dunleavy go with that much money left on his contract, but attendance is flagging, and the offseason addition of John Lucas as an assistant coach appears to give Sterling an easy and inexpensive option for an interim replacement with NBA head-coaching experience.

You'll note that the Clippers began the week by losing by 28 points at home to the same New Orleans team whose consistent lack of competitive zeal so far this season -- Chris Paul aside -- helped get Scott canned so quickly.

One trusted source I consulted this week suggests Dunleavy could leave the bench and still retain his front-office gig, given that several of his recent roster moves -- drafting Eric Gordon, foisting Zach Randolph on Memphis for a nice chunk of cap space next summer and stealing Rasual Butler from the salary-dumping Hornets -- have been excellent. Instead of paying Dunleavy to leave, Sterling appears to have the option of keeping him as personnel chief, since Dunleavy and Lucas are longtime pals and presumably could coexist in a GM-coach relationship.

Yet another trusted source, however, says Dunleavy wouldn't accept serving as GM only, which further muddles the picture.

95u3ih_th.gif

I hope we lose by 40 tonite.
GET IT DONE STERLING! Dunleavy pisses me off, and I refuse to attend a game this season until we get a new coach.

Sooooo....Ummmm....

What happened against Toronto? When I had to leave, the Clips were up 41-19.

Then I come home to see we lost by 15?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'll just repeat what I've been saying for the last 2 years: I appreciate the things Dunleavy has done for us during his stay, but I think it'stime for him to go
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

How can the Western Conference Player of the Week be left out of the AS Ballot?
Pure BS!!!
I think they make the ballot way before the season starts anyway the way he has been playing and with the lack of centers in the west, he deservesa shot with this years ASG...

[h4]Dunleavy: Clips Chris Kaman wouldn't get enoughfan support for All-Star game[/h4]Chris Kaman, the Clippers' leading scorer and second-leading rebounder, was not among the team's four playerslisted on the All-Star ballot released this week. Mike Dunleavy called the exclusion of Kaman "a mistake" but said it probably wouldn't matter"in the sense that he's not going to be a guy that's going to be voted in by the fans anyway. He's going to be a coach's vote based on howhe plays." -- LA Times

last year my brother had season seats in 117...and everybody chanting "fire dunleavy" and the players on the bench (especially ricky davis) trying tohold their
laugh.gif
in

Back
Top Bottom