Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

Clippers' Rush suffers torn ACL in game against Hornets

Posted Nov 18 2009 1:24AM

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Los Angeles Clippers reserve guard Kareem Rush has a serious ligament tear in his right knee.

Team spokesman Rob Raichlen says an MRI shows Rush tore his anterior cruciate ligament when his knee buckled during the first quarter of the Clippers' game at New Orleans on Tuesday night.

The injury occurred as Rush hopped into the lane to receive a pass and then crashed to the floor, holding his knee while grimacing in pain.

Rush also was fouled by Marcus Thornton on the play, but contact appeared to be minimal. Rush had entered as a reserve only two minutes before the injury occurred.

The Hornets won 110-102, handing the Clippers their fourth loss in five games.

via NBA.com

tired.gif

I was just hoping the Clips stay competitive tonight since the game was on ESPN so a win was definitely a huge surprise. Hopefully they can build some momentumwith this win and get EJ and Blake back.

Originally Posted by jepeh21

forgot to mention, no Kaman on the NBA all star ballot, you can vote him in though with the additional vote on the ballot
what?? Thats an outrage
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

I was just hoping the Clips stay competitive tonight since the game was on ESPN so a win was definitely a huge surprise. Hopefully they can build some momentum with this win and get EJ and Blake back.

We'll see. I was hoping the same thing about the OKC win earlier in the week and that got followed up by two bad losses. Obviously I hope otherwise, but itwouldn't surprise me if we come out and lose against Minny next game.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

I was just hoping the Clips stay competitive tonight since the game was on ESPN so a win was definitely a huge surprise. Hopefully they can build some momentum with this win and get EJ and Blake back.

yup went to the game earlier, the nuggets beat the lakers so bad that i was surprised we got the lead so early and was able to hold on for the win, was a greatgame and a great atmosphere,it was nice to see everybody contributing....

Great win last night
pimp.gif

I wasn't aware that Ralph & Mike, of all people, were suspended for last night's game.

I was wondering why they weren't there
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by LARidah23

Great win last night
pimp.gif

I wasn't aware that Ralph & Mike, of all people, were suspended for last night's game.

ohwell.gif
yup, i just read about it after i got home from the game, didn't even think it was nationally televised

Originally Posted by jepeh21

Great win last night
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
yup, i just read about it after i got home from the game, didn't even think it was nationally televised
I read the transcript. Hilarious
roll.gif

AL with 31/10
25hofbk.gif

Camby 18 rebs
25hofbk.gif

Bassy 17 off the bench
25hofbk.gif

2nd win in row next game @ Indy and EJ should be ready to go!!!!
nerd.gif

6-9... Not too bad. We also had some close games that were winnable, and some games we just gave away
smh.gif

EJ's injury might of been for the better, since it forced other players to step it up. We really need him back though, and hopefully Al and the benchkeeps playing like this when he returns.

Let's also not forget about Blake's debut
sick.gif
pimp.gif

go clips
pimp.gif

they gotta win the close games and not choke in the last few miutes like they usually do

Sterling Touts Clippers' Unlimited Resources

Nov 25, 2009 10:57 AM EST

Clippers' owner Donald Sterling claims to remain very interested in winning.

"I can visualize a Clippers parade," he says. "I'm telling you, I will win. I promise you that. I will find the combination.

"How long am I going to live? Forever? I will do whatever it takes. I think the Clippers can pay more than any team in America. We have unlimited resources. I'd be thrilled to pay [$121 million as the Lakers will do this season] and do it tomorrow, if I could only sign quality players who warranted it."

When Kobe Bryant was a free agent in 2004, Mike Dunleavy told Sterling that he had worked out a deal to sign the All-Star from the Lakers.

"I drove from my house in Malibu to the Four Seasons in Newport Beach to meet Kobe and Kobe said I didn't need to say anything because he was going to be a Clipper," Sterling says, a day later learning Bryant had been convinced by Buss to remain with the Lakers.

Via Los Angeles Times

eek.gif

Laker fan here, but I just wanna say to all of you in Clipper nation, Happy Thanksgiving and y'all have my support with your team
pimp.gif
I enjoy watching y'all play forreal lol and I honestly don't
know why you guys haven't won more games. You have the talent, there's no doubt about that.

bump for the great comebacl
pimp.gif

i've been busy with school so havent really been in this thread.
smh.gif
finals coming up, too.

8-10 is pretty good considering the injuries. Let's hope Blake is 100% when he gets back and we might be able to make a push.

Originally Posted by erupt107th

8-10 is pretty good considering the injuries. Let's hope Blake is 100% when he gets back and we might be able to make a push.

Exactly. I was hoping that the team could stay around the .500 mark before Griffin's return. Hopefully we can keep it up.

Anyways, today was the best win of the season so far, in my opinion
pimp.gif

Watching Coach Lucas jumping up and down while celebrating with the cast/boot on his foot was hilarious
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by erupt107th

Exactly. I was hoping that the team could stay around the .500 mark before Griffin's return. Hopefully we can keep it up.

Anyways, today was the best win of the season so far, in my opinion
pimp.gif

Watching Coach Lucas jumping up and down while celebrating with the cast/boot on his foot was hilarious
laugh.gif

I'm glad someone posted about the win today. Amazing 4th quarter. The first three had me pulling my hair out, but the result was fantastic. And I agreewith your overall take on the season. As I was saying on a Clippers message board, although there have been some pretty horrible losses this season, we reallycan't be too upset with where we are right now given the injuries, etc.. The only bad news is that our schedule is definitely going to get harder, but westill have an outside shot at a playoff spot. Let's keep the push going!!!

Great comeback yesterday in the 4th! Good for EJ also, for attacking the rim after airballing numerous 3 balls
smh.gif

get ready for wednesday, vs houston fellas
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom