Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

Time to bring aboard Petros Papadakis if Smith gets fed time.
p-papadakis.jpg

25hofbk.gif

not good
tired.gif

Clippers Dispute Jan. 20th Debut For Griffin
Jan 07, 2010 2:11 PM EST

The Clippers disputed a report that injured rookie forward Blake Griffin would make his debut Jan. 20, and said the date of his first game remained undecided.
"We have no target date," the team said in a statement. "The final stages of this process are yet to unfold, and it's not possible for anyone to predict its precise outcome."

Griffin has yet to make his NBA debut because of a stress fracture in his left kneecap.

Via Los Angeles Times

Yea i heard on ESPN that the 20th was the soonest he could return. They said it would be more likely that he'd be back at the very end of the month.

BTW i pray we don't get that homer Petros. I literally have to put USC games on mute when he's the commentator. I can't even stand hearing himbeing interview
smh.gif

We should get an old Clipper fan favorite.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

not good
tired.gif

Clippers Dispute Jan. 20th Debut For Griffin
Jan 07, 2010 2:11 PM EST

The Clippers disputed a report that injured rookie forward Blake Griffin would make his debut Jan. 20, and said the date of his first game remained undecided.
"We have no target date," the team said in a statement. "The final stages of this process are yet to unfold, and it's not possible for anyone to predict its precise outcome."

Griffin has yet to make his NBA debut because of a stress fracture in his left kneecap.

Via Los Angeles Times

I think it will actually be better if he takes his time and be patient, recently the team have been doing well anyway and hopefully will beconsistent as the season progresses, its better not to rush blake back unless he is fully healed

Blake Griffin Could Practice Soon
Jan 10, 2010 5:40 PM EST

Clippers rookie forward Blake Griffin may finally join his teammates in practice later this week.
However, Griffin would only be running and shooting, according to coach Mike Dunleavy.

Griffin is still waiting to make his debut after suffering a stress fracture in his left kneecap.

"I think he's capable of about everything except he hasn't taken the step of really exploding up and having to land," Dunleavy said. "That is the last hurdle that he'd have to get through to get to contact" practice with other players.

"It's probably still very conservative, but that's the way we're doing it."

Via Los Angeles Times

25hofbk.gif

Solid win today
pimp.gif

One more win away from .500. Hopefully we can make that happen.

Anyways, it's nice to see Dunleavy ease up on his micromanaging ways a bit. With the way this team is constructed, we need to run a bit more to besuccessful, so it's nice to actually see that happening....finally.

went to the game....nothing was stopping EG, BD, CK combo today. Rasual played well as did Craig Smith.

They showed Gabrielle Union on the jumbotron a few times. Dwyane Wade thought he could penetrate the Clips D as easily as he did with Union last night. wrong.

laugh.gif
D. Wade has been smashing her for a minute now.

Another solid win tonight, the team is really clicking right now.

2 tough road games next against teams the Clips are trying to pass up, will be a good test.

Go Clips!

Another nice win. What I really like is the way the team has been stepping up the D. They've had to play the top 3 SGs in the league for their last gamesand have done well every time. Still, given the road schedule coming up, they had to get this one. The Memphis game is big too. They need to take care ofbusiness against the teams they're competing against for that 8 spot. Let's do this.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

went to the game....nothing was stopping EG, BD, CK combo today. Rasual played well as did Craig Smith.

They showed Gabrielle Union on the jumbotron a few times. Dwyane Wade thought he could penetrate the Clips D as easily as he did with Union last night. wrong.
had me
roll.gif

anyway great winning streak by the team, beating winning teams at that!

I can't help but think about that knicks game where we blew a 20 point lead and portland game last week that we lost when they had half their team missing.

beating memphis tomorrow will be huge so I hope they can keep up this play.

as stated before, great game today! I attended as well...Blake was taking 22ft jumpers about an hour before gametime, it's looking good fellas!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by erupt107th

I can't help but think about that knicks game where we blew a 20 point lead and portland game last week that we lost when they had half their team missing.

beating memphis tomorrow will be huge so I hope they can keep up this play.

I know we could have been over .500 already
tired.gif

Kaman names Western Conference player of the week for the second time this season!!!

And they left him out of the AS Ballot...

Originally Posted by RFX45

Kaman names Western Conference player of the week for the second time this season!!!

Uh, oh. Didn't Kaman struggle a bit right after he got named player of the week? I seem to remember that. Hopefully, we won't see anydrop off. Getting these next two will really help us stay in the playoff race.

I think that happened because he had some vitamin deficiency but has since started taking supplements to keep him from getting too tired.
I really give half of that credit to Baron Davis though, about half of Kamans baskets are created by Davis' great passes.
So as long as B Diddy keep it up, Kaman will be good to go.

Originally Posted by RFX45

here's the article: hope he gets some votes as a reserve at least...

Kaman Named Player of the Week
January 11, 2010 - The National Basketball Association today named Clippers center Chris Kaman as the Western Conference Player of the Week for gamesplayed Monday, January 4th through Sunday, January 10th. This is the second time Kaman has been named Western Conference Player of the Week this season, thefirst time for the week of November 2nd through November 8th.

Kaman led the Clippers to a 3-0 week by averaging a double-double (21.0 ppg and 12.0 rpg). He posted consecutive double-doubles in wins over the Los AngelesLakers (21 points, 14 rebounds) and Miami Heat (22 points, 14 rebounds). Kaman scored 20 or more points in each game to earn his second Western ConferencePlayer of the Week award in 2009-10 (Nov. 9).

Big one tonight, fellas. As suggested by the Grizzlies thread in this forum, they are going to be out for revenge against us tonight. We can't let thathappen. We need to show who the better team is.

I don't see how Kaman doesn't make the all-star team. The team is around .500 and being player of the week twice already should solidify his place onthe West squad.

Hopefully the Clips keep it rolling tonight, a meaningful game and it's only January.

Back
Top Bottom