Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

BD played the way we all expected him to when he first signed with the team. Hopefully tonight's win is just a sign of things to come.

Patiently waiting for Blake to make his debut. I'll definitely be at that game.

Baron earned his paycheck tonight
25hofbk.gif

I was at the game tonight it was crazy! More than half the people up in there had Celtics stuff on hahaha! I was like "Man you all must be hurtn!" tothe crowd of green on my way out

pimp.gif
at baron's shot the other night but I've been wondering, when the hell do we get Minny's 1st rd pick?

Is in this coming draft or the next (assumming they keep making the lottery) ?

If it is the 2011 draft let's hope they still suck and we could possibly have

-BD
-EG
-Blake
-Kaman

-Wade/JJ/Bosh/or maybe.....Lebron?
laugh.gif

+ a top 5 rookie in that draft.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but just a random thought I had this morning
laugh.gif

anyway, something tells me we're gonna beat portland. No Oden or Pryzasasfasf means that Kaman SHOULD put up numnbers. I don't think old man Miller cankeep up with BD.

PS am i the only one that can't stand Al thornton anymore? How many times does he have to jabstep before he takes a contested 18 ft jumper? i appreciatehis Defense and hustle but
smh.gif
at his offense. At leats Maggette got to the line 10+ times but Al can't do that or hit FTs as well as maggette.

You're right about AL. Hopefully we can lure Joe/Lebron or Wade this summer then let him walk. Also, I have no clue about that MInny draft pick. Google isyour best friend homie.
laugh.gif

The Minny draft pick is a bit confusing
ohwell.gif

From my understanding, the pick is Top-10 protected until 2012 I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, even though we're 13-17, I'm pleased with the progress we've made so far this year, considering the injuries and the fact that we only won19 games all last year. Before the season started I predicted a 35 win season, and we seem to be on pace for that. We'll see what happens.

I'm really hoping we can go 41-41 then improve on that record next season with an injury-free Griffin.

41 and 41 is probably a little optimistic considering that we're already through the easiest part of our schedule and are still a few games below .500. Its going to depend on how much of an impact Griffin actually has. If he's as good as he was in preseason, and has the same effect on the other guys,maybe we can play .600 ball the rest of the way and end up at .500. Tonight is a big test. If we can string together consecutive wins against good teams,I'll feel better about the team's progress. Unfortunately, I'm expecting a slow start tonight because of the 3 day lay off.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

39-43?
grin.gif

There you go. But yeah, the loss last night was bad, but I'm not upset about it as some others. I have to give the Blazers a lot of credit. They madebig shots when they needed to. Roy and Bayless are really late game killers. Of course, our defense could have been better. But if we lose tonight, I'llreally be pissed.

Clippers Win In Dunleavy's Absence

The Clippers won the final NBA game of the decade as coach Mike Dunleavy watched from his home.

Los Angeles was led by assistant coach Tony Brown because Dunleavy aggravated a herniated disc in his back while getting ready to go to the Staples Center on Thursday.

"He was in a lot of pain, and he's been fighting a flu bug," said Brown. "He mentioned that he was having some trouble that caused him to get some treatment for his back, and his sneezing really escalated the back issues. But I talked to Mike again before I came in here, and he was quite happy with the win."

The Clippers defeated the 76ers 104-88 thanks to a 29-14 advantage in the third quarter.

Via ESPN

35jfskk.jpg

and another impressive win last night holding broy down the whole game, hopefully this starts a mini winning streak!
grin.gif

Clippers target Jan. 20 for Griffin's debut
By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports

The Los Angeles Clippers have targeted Jan. 20 as the night they hope rookie forward Blake Griffin(notes) finally makes his NBA debut, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

The Clippers play the Chicago Bulls at Staples Center on Jan. 20 before departing for an eight-game road trip. Griffin, the top pick in the 2009 draft, has yet to play because of a stress fracture in his left kneecap. If Griffin is healthy enough to face the Bulls, he'll play limited minutes.

Griffin began doing on-court workouts with Clippers assistant coach Fred Vinson on Dec. 28, but isn't expected to be cleared for contact until the middle of this month. Griffin hasn't put on any additional weight, despite the layoff and has worked on his 3-point shot and ball handling. He'll likely come off the bench once he does return.

25hofbk.gif

Loved this win. I really liked all the fast break buckets. We're on our way fellas. I can taste .500 right now the way the team has been playing.

what a great night! great win! i really could not watch the game because my Dad would get more pissed since he is a big Laker fan
laugh.gif
, I'm just happy how the team responded when the lead dwindled, been playinggreat the past few games.

Just got back. GREAT GAME.

Had a postseason feel to it. Might go to the Cavs game we're 2-0 when i go to games maybe i should buy season tix
laugh.gif

Haven't posted in a while, but I've been listening to every game at work since I can't watch em.

Very impressive win
pimp.gif
. I was pretty confident going into this game, since we've been playing pretty good lately. I think this game tops the Celticsbuzzer beater, since we played solid through 4 quarters.

Also, is Bricky stepping it up or am I trippin'?
laugh.gif

Let's keep this aggressiveness going.

Clippers Announcer Charged With Stealing $735k
Jan 06, 2010 11:06 PM EST

Michael Smith, announcer for the Clippers, is charged with stealing $735,000 from a golfing friend in a development deal gone bad.

Orange County District Attorney spokeswoman Farrah Emami says the 44-year-old Smith and his business partner Bruce Furst are scheduled to be arraigned Thursday on charges of felony grand theft.

Authorities say Smith persuaded his friend to put up his home as collateral for a $735,000 loan so Smith and Furst could develop land in Dana Point.

Via CBS Los Angeles

Back
Top Bottom