Official: LA Noire Thread PS3 & XBOX 360: Game Drops On 5/17: GOTY For 2011: DLC Info On Page 35

Originally Posted by omgitswes

is this ever coming to PC

NOPE !

The Hot coffee mod fiasco with GTA: San Andreas pretty much sealed & killed the fate for R* games coming out on PC. Also piracy with PC games is a even worse problem compared to console game piracy.

GTA IV, RDR, and LA Noire all never got & will not get PC versions released.

Originally Posted by PLVN

How does this compare to something like Red Dead Redemption?

I know it was different developers but I'm just trying to figure out if it'd be worth picking up.
It's an open end world, with free roam, and big map of 1947 LA. The shooting system, car driving, and hand to hand combat are very similar to RDR & GTA IV.

The main story though is more serious & linear and goes at a slower pace. The cases from what I heard can take 45 minutes to a hour each to solve & complete. So that might be a turn off to some people going into this game expecting a game from R* to be a lot like GTA or RDR.

Also the game has no multi player and you also can't just bust out your gun or weapons and go on a crazy shooting rampage in kill everyone in sight like in GTA or RDR. 

Originally Posted by PLVN

How does this compare to something like Red Dead Redemption?

I know it was different developers but I'm just trying to figure out if it'd be worth picking up.
It's an open end world, with free roam, and big map of 1947 LA. The shooting system, car driving, and hand to hand combat are very similar to RDR & GTA IV.

The main story though is more serious & linear and goes at a slower pace. The cases from what I heard can take 45 minutes to a hour each to solve & complete. So that might be a turn off to some people going into this game expecting a game from R* to be a lot like GTA or RDR.

Also the game has no multi player and you also can't just bust out your gun or weapons and go on a crazy shooting rampage in kill everyone in sight like in GTA or RDR. 

i really want to get this gm, but i know for a fact i do not have time to play. probably will wait on it...

i really want to get this gm, but i know for a fact i do not have time to play. probably will wait on it...

Originally Posted by MR J 858

NOPE !

The Hot coffee mod fiasco with GTA: San Andreas pretty much sealed & killed the fate for R* games coming out on PC. Also piracy with PC games is a even worse problem compared to console game piracy.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc...andtheftauto4/index.html
1_GTA_IV_4_gtaiv_gta4_grand_theft_auto_cover_full__pc_by_SieL.jpg

Ninjahood sized pic for emphasis.

NOPE !

http://au.gamespot.com/pc...andtheftauto4/index.html
1_GTA_IV_4_gtaiv_gta4_grand_theft_auto_cover_full__pc_by_SieL.jpg

Ninjahood sized pic for emphasis.

yeahhh I was wondering if I read that right.
I heard GTA IV ran like crap on PC though?

That sucks though. It'd probably look amazing on a PC, guess I'll go grab those Mafia games

yeahhh I was wondering if I read that right.
I heard GTA IV ran like crap on PC though?

That sucks though. It'd probably look amazing on a PC, guess I'll go grab those Mafia games

NOPE !

GTA IV got a PC release, tho the optimization sucks balls.

NOPE !

GTA IV got a PC release, tho the optimization sucks balls.

Hopin' my spot has this tomorrow, anyone scoop up an early copy in southern cali?

Hopin' my spot has this tomorrow, anyone scoop up an early copy in southern cali?

Is there a deadline for reservations at Gamestop? Like, if I went in tomorrow at some point in the day, would I be able to reserve the game, without any problems (seeing as it is a day before its release)? The only reason I would still reserve it even a day before its release is because of Gamestop's offer for the Naked City case.

Edit: Just made the call to Gamestop. My local store said I'm better off reserving today because it may not possible tomorrow because it may no longer be in the system.

I'm about to look for some games to trade in to add to the cost, because L.A. Noire looks too good to pass up on.

Is there a deadline for reservations at Gamestop? Like, if I went in tomorrow at some point in the day, would I be able to reserve the game, without any problems (seeing as it is a day before its release)? The only reason I would still reserve it even a day before its release is because of Gamestop's offer for the Naked City case.

Edit: Just made the call to Gamestop. My local store said I'm better off reserving today because it may not possible tomorrow because it may no longer be in the system.

I'm about to look for some games to trade in to add to the cost, because L.A. Noire looks too good to pass up on.

Back
Top Bottom