Official: LA Noire Thread PS3 & XBOX 360: Game Drops On 5/17: GOTY For 2011: DLC Info On Page 35

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

^ what on earth.... I couldn't really grasp what he was trying to say in all
the rambling.

question about the german lady
Spoiler [+]
did anyone else feel like the affair between her and Cole just sprang almost out of nowhere, and made no sense?
MR J 858:  In some of the pictures on the first page there is one of Cole or someone looking at a lineup, do you know if that is part

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]of one of the DLC missions?  I don't remember it in the game, or at least I never triggered it while playing.[/font]
First part
laugh.gif
Yeah I don't know what white boy was saying. I think he was making a point of how people are divided on the game and it's just really misunderstood.

28.jpg

This one I know is from "The Consul's Car" DLC case.

But yeah this one I'm not sure. But I think it's from either "A Slip Of The Tongue" or "Nicholoson Electorplating" DLC cases:

2.jpg

Originally Posted by ricky409

somone please tell me how AWESOME this game is... cuz i keep hearing it

like... is it really entertaining?

i wanna attempt to get my girl to watch me play it thru...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Like we've been telling NT'ers who are on the fence for this game. Rent it for cheap at your local Redbox for a day or 2 and then make up your mind if you want to cop it or not. I seriously don't think you'll be able to play straight through and beat the main story in 2 days though.

Originally Posted by ricky409

somone please tell me how AWESOME this game is... cuz i keep hearing it

like... is it really entertaining?

i wanna attempt to get my girl to watch me play it thru...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Like we've been telling NT'ers who are on the fence for this game. Rent it for cheap at your local Redbox for a day or 2 and then make up your mind if you want to cop it or not. I seriously don't think you'll be able to play straight through and beat the main story in 2 days though.

I thought DLC would be more like a desk than individual cases. I'm all for DLC as long as it's at a reasonable price... Grand Theft Auto IV had AMAZING dlc.

I thought DLC would be more like a desk than individual cases. I'm all for DLC as long as it's at a reasonable price... Grand Theft Auto IV had AMAZING dlc.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

It's rumored right now if Team Bondi will decide to release the burglary & fraud crime desks. Brendan Mcnamara said in that 1up interview that it was a possibility but his team is already working on their next project.

Also IMHO RDR DLC especially RDR: Undead Nightmare was better than the GTA IV Episodes. The Ballad Of Gay Tony was fun as hell but The Lost & The Damned wasn't all that great.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

It's rumored right now if Team Bondi will decide to release the burglary & fraud crime desks. Brendan Mcnamara said in that 1up interview that it was a possibility but his team is already working on their next project.

Also IMHO RDR DLC especially RDR: Undead Nightmare was better than the GTA IV Episodes. The Ballad Of Gay Tony was fun as hell but The Lost & The Damned wasn't all that great.

http://www.1up.com/features/most-influential-games[h1][/h1]
[h1]L.A. Noire is a "Powerful New Franchise" For Take-Two[/h1]With key Rockstar staffers locked up with new contracts, Take-Two proceeded to talk about the early success L.A. Noire has enjoyed during its earnings conference call this afternoon. The publisher refused to share sales figures for the game, only citing the extremely strong response it's gotten from the media and fans.
The game was more than once referred to as a "franchise." He shied away from comparing it to the massive success that Red Dead Redemption has enjoyed (8.5 million units of the game have been sold in to retail), but Zelnick did say, "No matter how you slice it, it's a very successful release and to be able to say that again, it's extraordinary."

He declined to talk about downloadable content for the game -- despite the fact that it's already been revealed in more than one way. "In terms of downloadable content, we haven't announced anything yet. We'll leave that to Rockstar to announce. Suffice it to say we do see this [L.A. Noire] as a powerful new franchise for our company."

Speaking about Rockstar's partnership with Team Bondi, Zelnick said, "The results speak for themselves. It wouldn't be something I'd want to talk about, in terms of a future desire to work with external developers; I suspect the Rockstar team would take that on a case-by-case basis."
We can't say for sure yet what the franchise talk all means yet, but one would expect there to be no shortage of DLC support (as was the case with Red Dead Redemption following its strong sales performance) and possibly even a sequel down the line.
Link:

http://www.1up.com/news/l...l-new-franchise-take-two

http://www.1up.com/features/most-influential-games[h1][/h1]
[h1]L.A. Noire is a "Powerful New Franchise" For Take-Two[/h1]With key Rockstar staffers locked up with new contracts, Take-Two proceeded to talk about the early success L.A. Noire has enjoyed during its earnings conference call this afternoon. The publisher refused to share sales figures for the game, only citing the extremely strong response it's gotten from the media and fans.
The game was more than once referred to as a "franchise." He shied away from comparing it to the massive success that Red Dead Redemption has enjoyed (8.5 million units of the game have been sold in to retail), but Zelnick did say, "No matter how you slice it, it's a very successful release and to be able to say that again, it's extraordinary."

He declined to talk about downloadable content for the game -- despite the fact that it's already been revealed in more than one way. "In terms of downloadable content, we haven't announced anything yet. We'll leave that to Rockstar to announce. Suffice it to say we do see this [L.A. Noire] as a powerful new franchise for our company."

Speaking about Rockstar's partnership with Team Bondi, Zelnick said, "The results speak for themselves. It wouldn't be something I'd want to talk about, in terms of a future desire to work with external developers; I suspect the Rockstar team would take that on a case-by-case basis."
We can't say for sure yet what the franchise talk all means yet, but one would expect there to be no shortage of DLC support (as was the case with Red Dead Redemption following its strong sales performance) and possibly even a sequel down the line.
Link:

http://www.1up.com/news/l...l-new-franchise-take-two

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Brendan McNamara Explains Why LA Noire 2 Won’t Take as Long to Make[/h2]
Team Bondi is already working on a follow-up to the hit game

Now that Rockstar Games’ LA Noire is out and expected to sell 4 million copies or more, the attention turns to what’s next for Team Bondi. Brendan McNamara’s old Sony studio, Team Soho, followed up 2002’s PlayStation 2 hit, The Getaway, with The Getaway: Black Monday in 2004. Given that LA Noire took about five years to develop both the technology and the game itself, McNamara doesn’t believe a sequel will take as long to make.

“Obviously the Motion Scan technology for capturing actors works and exists and other video game people are using that today, so that’s there and available and quick,

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Brendan McNamara Explains Why LA Noire 2 Won’t Take as Long to Make[/h2]
Team Bondi is already working on a follow-up to the hit game

Now that Rockstar Games’ LA Noire is out and expected to sell 4 million copies or more, the attention turns to what’s next for Team Bondi. Brendan McNamara’s old Sony studio, Team Soho, followed up 2002’s PlayStation 2 hit, The Getaway, with The Getaway: Black Monday in 2004. Given that LA Noire took about five years to develop both the technology and the game itself, McNamara doesn’t believe a sequel will take as long to make.

“Obviously the Motion Scan technology for capturing actors works and exists and other video game people are using that today, so that’s there and available and quick,

Spoiler [+]
did anyone else feel like the affair between her and Cole just sprang almost out of nowhere, and made no sense?

Spoiler [+]
Absolutely agree. It really didn't make sense to me either. It just sort of happened and no idea why. You question her, follow her, and then smash. Very weird. They should have explained that more.

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Absolutely agree. It really didn't make sense to me either. It just sort of happened and no idea why. You question her, follow her, and then smash. Very weird. They should have explained that more.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
I agree. They just jumped in and did the bad thing.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
I agree. They just jumped in and did the bad thing.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Well in one of the earlier cases where Roy smacks her you can kinda see Cole have a certain look in his eye that he wants to get with her and before the part where he follows her home he visits the blue room off-duty to see her perform. 
30t6p3b.gif
@ him doin this while he had a wife and kids though. Elsa's fine but still,Cmon Cole 
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Well in one of the earlier cases where Roy smacks her you can kinda see Cole have a certain look in his eye that he wants to get with her and before the part where he follows her home he visits the blue room off-duty to see her perform. 
30t6p3b.gif
@ him doin this while he had a wife and kids though. Elsa's fine but still,Cmon Cole 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
Still though, they smashed because he watched her perform a few times? I want to live in that world
laugh.gif

You can assume that they talked when he watched her perform and stuff but still. Something this critical to the story should have been told much more throughly.

This sort of thing was sort of necessary. Film noir protagonists are morally flawed.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
Still though, they smashed because he watched her perform a few times? I want to live in that world
laugh.gif

You can assume that they talked when he watched her perform and stuff but still. Something this critical to the story should have been told much more throughly.

This sort of thing was sort of necessary. Film noir protagonists are morally flawed.

Beat the game and returned it to blockbuster yesterday. It took me 5 days to beat it and I was playing maybe 2 hours a night, 3 max. It felt pretty tedious at the end and I felt like I just wanted to get it over with and return the game already
laugh.gif
Overall, it was a decent game but it's definitely not GOTY material and I'm glad I returned my pre-order before spending $60 on it.

Beat the game and returned it to blockbuster yesterday. It took me 5 days to beat it and I was playing maybe 2 hours a night, 3 max. It felt pretty tedious at the end and I felt like I just wanted to get it over with and return the game already
laugh.gif
Overall, it was a decent game but it's definitely not GOTY material and I'm glad I returned my pre-order before spending $60 on it.

Back
Top Bottom