OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

The Lakers had a long second practice of the season, and let me just say that in the action I saw at the end of practice, Ron Artest didn't exactly shut down Kobe Bryant.

Artest and Bryant were on the same scrimmage team Tuesday night, but they were on different units this time. Not too surprisingly, the purple-clad group of Pau Gasol(notes), Luke Walton(notes), Bryant and Derek Fisher(notes) emerged the champion among four practice teams. Bryant had his way with Artest in a key sequence, scoring twice inside, and then Fisher nailed the scrimmage-ending jump shot. [...]

Artest had a nice moment when he drove the lane, got walled off by [Andrew] Bynum and kicked to the corner for Sasha Vujacic(notes) to hit a 3-pointer. A minute later, Artest jacked up an off-balance wing 3-pointer that sailed way over the basket without hitting anything.

Anybody layin odds on me finding this article and speakin on it?

What kinda odds am I getting, I'll chop it up with you guys.
nerd.gif

Do Doo, Kobe's had that finger blown up for 2 years, both years we went to the finals, so uh, you can let your hopes go, the Spurs still have no shot tobeat us. Just like always.
pimp.gif

ERASCISM wrote:
Any other Laker fans kinda worried about this upcoming season? I feel like there could be a honeymoon effect. Gasol has logged more games this summer playing in FIBA qualifiers, Lamar lost his damn mind so close to the start of the season, Phil will do even less coaching than last year, Fisher will be even slower, and we signed an unpredictable madman.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
knicks thread is that way--->>

The Lakers had a long second practice of the season, and let me just say that in the action I saw at the end of practice, Ron Artest didn't exactly shut down Kobe Bryant.

Artest and Bryant were on the same scrimmage team Tuesday night, but they were on different units this time. Not too surprisingly, the purple-clad group of Pau Gasol(notes), Luke Walton(notes), Bryant and Derek Fisher(notes) emerged the champion among four practice teams. Bryant had his way with Artest in a key sequence, scoring twice inside, and then Fisher nailed the scrimmage-ending jump shot. [...]

Artest had a nice moment when he drove the lane, got walled off by [Andrew] Bynum and kicked to the corner for Sasha Vujacic(notes) to hit a 3-pointer. A minute later, Artest jacked up an off-balance wing 3-pointer that sailed way over the basket without hitting anything.

man forget paying for the games i wanna see our practices
pimp.gif
...in thatcase i get to see that bum make a 3
tired.gif
laugh.gif
...damn but thats what i fear artest shooting off-balance 3s!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by NIMO007

Sources close to the team said that Abdul-Jabbar will be playing a lesser role with both the Lakers and Bynum this season. With his round-the-clock tutoring of Bynum not needed as much, sources said Abdul-Jabbar would likely spend less time with the team and more time back in his hometown of New York City. Los Angeles Daily News

All of which seems to be a considerable letdown for the former Lakers captain, who has worked closely with Bynum since the Lakers drafted him out of high school in 2005. Abdul-Jabbar expressed disappointment in Bynum and the situation, saying that ``I think there are things that have to do with basketball that he could learn but he's getting on in years.'' Los Angeles Daily News

Bynum said he understood his mentor's feelings, but that it's not personal and just a natural evolution for him in his career. ``I understand where he's coming from,'' Bynum said. ``It's definitely tough (for him). As of right now, I have my direction and he's still helping me. As long as he doesn't stop helping me everything is going to be fine.'' Los Angeles Daily News

While Abdul-Jabbar expressed disappointment that Bynum was away from basketball for so long, Bynum said it was needed break both personally and professionally. He also skipped the USA Basketball senior national camp in late July. Though he did not seem upset, Lakers coach Phil Jackson acknowledged Thursday that the team had encouraged Bynum to participate in the camp so he could get more experience on the court. Bynum said that doctors had advised him to rest his knees, which he has injured in two consecutive seasons. ``I had to take the time off for my knee,'' Bynum said. ``I feel different, the rest definitely helped me out because it allowed everything to calm down.'' Los Angeles Daily News

KB8 I am around. Our ship only allows us to surf the internet from 1700-2400. We are 13 hours ahead of Socal right now. Got to love the Indian ocean.

I will be keeping up and chiming in from time to time. My wife will be DVD'ing all the games and sending them to me.

I can't wait for another great season.

who copped tickets today?

grizzlies, suns, mavs, nuggets, wiz, blazers

one game for each month! all in the premiere section.

Bynum better look real good out there for him to already be pushin off Kareem.
smh.gif

I can handle the rest your knees stuff, thas fine if that was the plan, but when it's time to work, nobody better to learn from then Kareem, he betterput in the work with him.

Man, I'm telling you. Kids these days …
Bynum says one of his goals this season is to make the All-Star team. Not sure how familiar Young Andrew is with NBA history, but Kareem might have some useful advice about how to make it to the mid-season classic. Cap only went there, oh, 19 times.

It remains to be seen if Bynum can figure things out on his own.

laugh.gif

That pre-sale was no joke. Everything under $90 was done in 5 minutes except for some of the weak teams. My checkout crashed in the loading and couldn'tget it back.

just got two tix for opening night Ring ceremony! keep trying they might release more!

Damn I cant wait for the season to begin. Going back to back and graduating college will be
pimp.gif
. Thank god for nba league pass, us Laker fans in NY would bedead with out it.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Who here has sat in PR? did you like it?
I've sat there a few times and didn't think it was woth the price.

The people that sit in these sections aren't passionate fans, the view is decent if your in the middle sections. All the food prices and drinks are 5xjacked up but the lines to the food stations and bathrooms aren't crazy like in the 300 sections during halftime and at the end of quarters. Lots of eyecandy as far as chicks go that sit these sections. Also the restaurant at the premiere level is very expensive and you need a reservation to even sit down andhave dinner before the game or during the game.

Originally Posted by knightngale

i have low hopes for bynum
smh.gif
Why ?

I don't. If he gets enough playing there should be no reason for him to average a double double somewhere in th 12 to 14 points a game range and 10 boardsper game. I also see Phil playing him more to rest Pau as long as Drew can stay out of foul trouble. The downside will be though that the better Drew playsthat probably means lesser minutes for LO though.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by knightngale

i have low hopes for bynum
smh.gif
Why ?

I don't. If he gets enough playing there should be no reason for him to average a double double somewhere in th 12 to 14 points a game range and 10 boards per game. I also see Phil playing him more to rest Pau as long as Drew can stay out of foul trouble. The downside will be though that the better Drew plays that probably means lesser minutes for LO though.
he wants to make the all star game

remember game 5 of the finals when he shot like 12 times in the first quarter? I see him doing that a lot this season if that is the case

I would not mind him doing that if he actually made most of those shots and if they are not jumpers
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Who here has sat in PR? did you like it?
Once, it's cool, but the money you have to spend just to sit there is crazy.
The ambience there is pretty dead compared to the nosebleads, because they are mostly bought out my corporate folks.
But the view is great, and I like the fact that I don't have to wait in line to buy anything.

Wow let it go.

Lamar Odom also had hopes of making the ASG last season, did you have low hopes for him as well?

Comon now.

Back
Top Bottom