OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Oh aight thanks,

When is the ticket sales to the general public? Cause this pre-sale was dispicable

Actually part of it was my fault though, I had some good tickets in my cart & my computer decided to go ******ed lol =\
there's still some PR level seats for a handful of games in November, but i ain't trying to sit PR

Rivers has already come out and said the Lakers are a better team, and were a better team last season, and Paul Pierce has already acknowledged that he will circle four games -- the two against the Lakers (Jan. 31 at home and Feb. 18 on the road) and the two on the road against Cleveland (opening night, Oct. 27, and Sunday, March 14) as measuring stick nights by which the Celtics will learn whether they really are as good as they believe they are.
Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com...&page=Celtics-091001

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Oh aight thanks,

When is the ticket sales to the general public? Cause this pre-sale was dispicable

Actually part of it was my fault though, I had some good tickets in my cart & my computer decided to go ******ed lol =\
there's still some PR level seats for a handful of games in November, but i ain't trying to sit PR

Saturday, 10 a.m.

You're pretty much paying for the waiter service, if you sit there.

You can get the corner 200's sections for way cheaper. Section 205, 210, 214, and 219. I like those, I actually favor sitting in section 210 or 219.
pimp.gif

I will be ecstatic if Bynum plays balls out and tries to make the all star team.

And getting less minutes in the early part of the regular season for Lamar is a good thing. In fact, I wonder if it helped him a little last year.

9 months of ball is a long time, LO ain't gettin any younger, and young @#$ Bynum certainly can play heavy minutes provided he stays healthy.

And if Bynum does play well enough to at least earn mention to the all star team, then that means less wear and tear on Pau, Kobe, Ron, and LO. All good.
pimp.gif

I want Bynum, Brown, Farmar, and Sasha to all get a lot of burn this year, play real solid and save a ton of minutes on the starters. They do that, think ofthe benefits come June.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Rivers has already come out and said the Lakers are a better team, and were a better team last season, and Paul Pierce has already acknowledged that he will circle four games -- the two against the Lakers (Jan. 31 at home and Feb. 18 on the road) and the two on the road against Cleveland (opening night, Oct. 27, and Sunday, March 14) as measuring stick nights by which the Celtics will learn whether they really are as good as they believe they are.
Link:

PP is such a bum, he is getting way ahead of himself. Boston has plenty of basketball to play, but PP wants to circle these games
sick.gif
. The LA game really means nothing. You are not Ocho Cinco.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by knightngale

i have low hopes for bynum
smh.gif
Why ?

I don't. If he gets enough playing there should be no reason for him to average a double double somewhere in th 12 to 14 points a game range and 10 boards per game. I also see Phil playing him more to rest Pau as long as Drew can stay out of foul trouble. The downside will be though that the better Drew plays that probably means lesser minutes for LO though.
he wants to make the all star game

remember game 5 of the finals when he shot like 12 times in the first quarter? I see him doing that a lot this season if that is the case

I would not mind him doing that if he actually made most of those shots and if they are not jumpers
eyes.gif
Let it go man.

Drew admitted that he wasn't a 100% during the entire playoff run last season and he came back primarily early so that the Lakers would have another bigbody and presence for their front court. Also the past 2 seasons before drew had his 2 freak knee injuries dude was ballin and putting some great numbersbefore he got hurt and was doing it playing against Tim Duncan, Amarie Stoudamire.I've said this before and I'll say it again Drew's 1st kneeinjury 2 seasons ago was kind of a blessing in disguise because if that injury didn't happen Mitch Kupchak and Laker managment probably wouldn't havemade the trade for Pau that season if Drew kept playing the was at that time.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Oh aight thanks,

Saturday, 10 a.m.

You're pretty much paying for the waiter service, if you sit there.

You can get the corner 200's sections for way cheaper. Section 205, 210, 214, and 219. I like those, I actually favor sitting in section 210 or 219.
pimp.gif

Yeah, i actually wish that you could have an option not to show the PR seating on ticketmaster. Cause when you put 'best available' they always pop up

I had section 104 in my cart btw when my computer went dumb
mad.gif
155 perticket, I really wanted them too
ohwell.gif

I'm gonna have to give it another go tomorrow. I'm trying to go to any game within the first 2 weeks of the season

Originally Posted by got shoes

Link:

PP is such a bum, he is getting way ahead of himself. Boston has plenty of basketball to play, but PP wants to circle these games
sick.gif
laugh.gif

It's gets even better guys just look at how confident and full of themselves the C's are this season:
[h1]Celtics Hang Another Banner From the Rafters, But It's Blank![/h1]

celtsbanner.jpg

roll.gif

Blank banner reserved for when they think they will fill in with 2010 NBA World Champions
roll.gif

The Celtics are so confident about the '09-'10 season that when you look up into the rafters, you will see 17 banners representing the team's 17 NBA titles. But during Boston's media day recently, everyone in attendance noticed a blank 18th banner hanging next to their '08 Championship banner. Apparently this Celtic's squad is a very confident bunch that hope to be adding some letters and numbers to that banner reading "2010 NBA Champions." When head coach Doc Rivers was asked about the blank banner, he replied,"It was Red Auerbach's idea", referring to the now deceased Boston coaching legend.
Link:

http://thehoopdoctors.com...e-rafters-but-its-blank/

Link:

sick.gif
laugh.gif

O NOEZ! PAULINA PIERCE THINKS TEH GAMES AGAINST L.A. AND CLEVELAND IZ IMPORTANT!!!!11!!!

p5838.jpg

Originally Posted by JD617

Link:

sick.gif
laugh.gif

O NOEZ! PAULINA PIERCE THINKS TEH GAMES AGAINST L.A. AND CLEVELAND IZ IMPORTANT!!!!11!!!

p5838.jpg

JD, I think you are the only sane Celtics fan I know.
laugh.gif

I would've thought he'd circle the Magic games too, you know since they are the team that eliminated them and all

JD, I think you are the only sane Celtics fan I know.
laugh.gif

Man...every time I come in the Lakers season/offseason threads my ignore button gets a workout.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

And yeah TC, he should be circling those Orlando games too. Probably San Antonio as well.

Guess Mark Cuban likes the new Lakers...

[h2]Cuban not sold on Artest with Lakers[/h2]

By Tim MacMahon
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

DALLAS -- The Los Angeles Lakers opened the championship window for the rest of the WesternConference contenders by signing controversial swingman Ron Artest, according toDallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.

"I tell you what, now that they've got Ron Artest, I couldn't think of anything better," Cuban said during an appearance on Dallas'ESPN 103.3. "If you would have said, what one player -- and I'll get killed over this -- what one player would you like to see on the Lakers? RonArtest.

"Could you imagine? Ron Artest has got the ball, and Kobe's standing there, 'Throw me the ball.' Thank you, Ron Artest."

Cuban didn't back down off the air when given an opportunity to clarify his comments or elaborate.

"I think he'll add some character to that team," Cuban said with a smirk. "Whether it will be positive or negative will be interesting tosee."

The Dallas Mavericks' road opener is against the Lakers on Oct. 30.

I have low hopes for Bynum as well.

Mainly because I just never, ever hopped on his bandwagon. We drafted him, I heard the interview, I thought 'Alright, you're saying the right things.Let's see you on the court.' No negative opinion. No positive opinion. Just wanted him to show me something.

I haven't been shown that something yet.

So after 5 seasons of not really being impressed, I'm kind of thinking 'Maybe... he's just... not that good. Maybe... good... but not thatgood.'

And that's kind of where I'm at with that.

A small part of me thinks that Ammo (Adam Morrison) might show flashes this season, though. Probably not, and maybe it's just me hoping for the best fordude, but yeah, I'd like to see him be like a better shooting Lamar Odom. Another tall, versatile player on the squad, just less of a passing ability thanLamar, but a better shooter than Lamar. Get some boards, knock down shots, run the break a few times... I'd like it, and I'm hoping to see a little bitof it. I know he looks all kinds of mad on the Wheaties championship box.
laugh.gif
Like 'Dammit, I'm in the center of this picture and I played like 4seconds this entire postseason.
indifferent.gif
Slapping me in my damn face, having me in this picture.'

Originally Posted by Black Entourage inc

Guess Mark Cuban likes the new Lakers...

[h2]Cuban not sold on Artest with Lakers[/h2]

By Tim MacMahon
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

DALLAS -- The Los Angeles Lakers opened the championship window for the rest of the Western Conference contenders by signing controversial swingman Ron Artest, according to Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.

"I tell you what, now that they've got Ron Artest, I couldn't think of anything better," Cuban said during an appearance on Dallas' ESPN 103.3. "If you would have said, what one player -- and I'll get killed over this -- what one player would you like to see on the Lakers? Ron Artest.

"Could you imagine? Ron Artest has got the ball, and Kobe's standing there, 'Throw me the ball.' Thank you, Ron Artest."

Cuban didn't back down off the air when given an opportunity to clarify his comments or elaborate.

"I think he'll add some character to that team," Cuban said with a smirk. "Whether it will be positive or negative will be interesting to see."

The Dallas Mavericks' road opener is against the Lakers on Oct. 30.
eyes.gif
I hope we face these bums in the playoffs so we couldsweep them.

Well that puts CP in an interesting situation.

Surely you don't agree with the annoying owner of the Mavs, do you CP? Do you?

laugh.gif

moz-screenshot.png
Holden, you check out the experiment you suggested with the Mock drafts of 30, 23, and 11 teams? It's movin along nicely.
Nah, I didn't like the idea of trades or the way some people were drafting because it seemed like a fantasy "points" draft insteadof a fantasy "what if" draft.

I am worried, however, about the teams focus. Last year the whole team was focused on redemption. This year, they are just having fun (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). Hopefully Kobe and Phil can get their minds in check.
Any other Laker fans kinda worried about this upcoming season? I feel like there could be a honeymoon effect. Gasol has logged more games this summer playing in FIBA qualifiers, Lamar lost his damn mind so close to the start of the season, Phil will do even less coaching than last year, Fisher will be even slower, and we signed an unpredictable madman.
I'm always pessimistic, but that's probably just to keep expectations low so I'm not too disappointed if the Lakers don't do well.

I believe the Lakers have a counter for every negative point people bring up:

- Artest is crazy: this guy is essentially the Rick Fox of the team. Did you worry about Rick Fox derailing the Shaq led Lakers? Disrupting chemistry? Artest is going to make the opposing forwards work hard for their buckets, hit the occasional 3, and lay dudes out that aren't showing the Lakers respect. He's never been an efficient shooter, but we should expect a change here because he's playing with Kobe. Players have career years shooting the ballwhen playing w/ Kobe. Regardless, he's the third fourth offensive option on this team. All he has todo is focus on defense.

- Gasol's tired: Gasol is also in better shape than he's ever been. He also has a young center pushing for minutes behind him. The Lakers should begood enough (their schedule should help) in the beginning of the season to give him the opportunity to rest.

- Fisher is still old and a liability on the fast break: Fisher is still old and a liability on the break. Both of hisback-ups, Farmar and Brown, are in contract years and each fill in where he's lacking - Farmar on the break and in an uptempo game; Brown on defense

- they lack drive: Farmar and Sasha played horribly last year so they're still on a redemptive track. They didn't face LeBron in the Finals. Theydidn't face the Celtics in the Finals. Other teams have made major plays to catch up. This team doesn't lack in mental toughness (best road team + wonConference & NBA Finals on the road).

- Bynum: he doesn't have health issues, he has luck issues. Although it takes him a quarter to half of the season to get there, he's played like anAll-Star for a stretch of games before being injured each of the past two seasons. Even more impressive, is that he was able to do it w/o Gasol on the teamand w/ Gasol on the team. This was his January of last year:

27, 15, 2 10-15
24, 14, 6 10-14
15, 11, 4 4-10
23, 14, 1 8-12
42, 15, 3 17-24
14, 6, 2 6-10
14, 3, 2 6-13
18, 3, 1 9-15
11, 1, 0 5-12
24, 6, 1 8-13
20, 5, 1 8-10
18, 11, 2 7-12
7, 8, 1 2-7
4, 10, 1 1-4
8, 2, 3 3-6
---------------
17 PPG 8.3 RPG 2 BPG 58.8 FG%

- first three games
-------------------------
20PPG 8.7 RPG 2 BPG 61.3 FG%

You might look at those averages and think to yourself, "Biedrins or Okafor does that," but doesn't that miss the point? He doesn't actuallyhave to be an All-Star to have a huge impact on this team and the league.

In the end, health and a certain player making sure the offense flows smoothly is all I'm worried about.

Back
Top Bottom