[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

This is not a funk. This is the level they are at right now. They have been playing like this all year but have had a soft schedule and sometimes the bench played above themselves.

I don't know if Bynum himself will change it around himself that much. I don't know if the team just does not care or they just can't do it right now.

If they could just take care of the BASICS they would be rolling. They need to stop turning the ball over so much, make their damn free throws, stop allowing a million uncontested layups per game, and try a bit harder
in transition D.

I do think that Bynum will help Gasol's game a lot and also help with the soft interior defense.

My main concern is Kobe. I don't know if he is injured or not but he seems to be coasting a lot during games and he does not even play heavy minutes. Could something be wrong with him?

Dude did try harder today but he waited until to end of the game and even then he still played like Jerry Stackhouse circa 2001
sick.gif

So I do think most of the problems right now can be addressed and fixed as the season goes on but Kobe is playing real suspect right now.

Originally Posted by knightngale

This is not a funk. This is the level they are at right now. They have been playing like this all year but have had a soft schedule and sometimes the bench played above themselves.

I don't know if Bynum will himself will change it around himself that much. I don't know if the team just does not care or they just can't do it right now.

If they could just take care of the BASICS they would be rolling. They need to stop turning the ball over so much, make their damn free throws, stop allowing a million uncontested layups per game, and try a bit harder
in transition D.

I do think that Bynum will help Gasol's game a lot and also help with the soft interior defense.

My main concern is Kobe #8. I don't know if he is injured or not but he seems to be coasting a lot during games and he does not even play heavy minutes. Could something be wrong with him?

Dude did try harder today but he waited until to end of the game and even then he still played like Jerry Stackhouse circa 2001
sick.gif

So I do think most of the problems right now can be addressed and fixed as the season goes on but Kobe #8 is playing real suspect right now.
QFT!

I get it...if you are not a laker sack hugger then you cannot comment critically on this thread and all the laker stans are the gatekeepers, right?
laugh.gif
 silly aszes
30t6p3b.gif

I don't know if Bynum will himself will change it around himself that much. I don't know if the team just does not care or they just can't do it right now.

in transition D.

My main concern is Kobe #8. I don't know if he is injured or not but he seems to be coasting a lot during games and he does not even play heavy minutes. Could something be wrong with him?

sick.gif

So I do think most of the problems right now can be addressed and fixed as the season goes on but Kobe #8 is playing real suspect right now.
QFT!

I get it...if you are not a laker sack hugger then you cannot comment critically on this thread and all the laker stans are the gatekeepers, right?
laugh.gif
 silly aszes
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I'm just gonna ... 
2cypdzo.gif

roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yay, the bulls beat the lakers for once and it only took 4 years. not something to be very proud about.

I'm just gonna ... 
2cypdzo.gif

roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yay, the bulls beat the lakers for once and it only took 4 years. not something to be very proud about.

I don't know if Bynum himself will change it around himself that much. I don't know if the team just does not care or they just can't do it right now.

in transition D.

My main concern is Kobe. I don't know if he is injured or not but he seems to be coasting a lot during games and he does not even play heavy minutes. Could something be wrong with him?

sick.gif

So I do think most of the problems right now can be addressed and fixed as the season goes on but Kobe is playing real suspect right now.

As long as Pau is are only big man, the layups will continue.

Kobe will be fine. He went all summer without playing basketball and recovering from his surgery. This is the THIRD surgery he's had on the same knee.

You can't expect him to be 100% this early in the season. I mean there's still 60 games left.
laugh.gif

He shot well the last 3 games before this above 50%, and he started off the first 8 games very well if I remember right. He's had his share of bad games, but tonight wasn't that bad.

He missed 4 in a row in the first half, two which could of been fouls and they were all close to going in, add the two quick three's he missed at the end and that's 6 misses alone....

Melo, Bron, Wade, Durant, Rose, all the superstars in the league have had their shares of horrible shooting nights this season with their FG% hovering from 40-45% based on good and bad games so it's not just KB.

If anything only Dirk is shooting a superb percentage consistantly this season considering he takes nothing but jumpers.

Anyways, we'll be alright. This loss did not hurt at all, had we of won it still would of been an awful game. Our bench had 13 points.....Bulls bench had 26 and they had more turnover than us.

Talk is cheap though, it's too early to worry about individuals rather than our team effort. One person didn't cause tonights loss.

in transition D.

sick.gif

As long as Pau is are only big man, the layups will continue.

Kobe will be fine. He went all summer without playing basketball and recovering from his surgery. This is the THIRD surgery he's had on the same knee.

You can't expect him to be 100% this early in the season. I mean there's still 60 games left.
laugh.gif

He shot well the last 3 games before this above 50%, and he started off the first 8 games very well if I remember right. He's had his share of bad games, but tonight wasn't that bad.

He missed 4 in a row in the first half, two which could of been fouls and they were all close to going in, add the two quick three's he missed at the end and that's 6 misses alone....

Melo, Bron, Wade, Durant, Rose, all the superstars in the league have had their shares of horrible shooting nights this season with their FG% hovering from 40-45% based on good and bad games so it's not just KB.

If anything only Dirk is shooting a superb percentage consistantly this season considering he takes nothing but jumpers.

Anyways, we'll be alright. This loss did not hurt at all, had we of won it still would of been an awful game. Our bench had 13 points.....Bulls bench had 26 and they had more turnover than us.

Talk is cheap though, it's too early to worry about individuals rather than our team effort. One person didn't cause tonights loss.

Now, don't get mad & salty you guys. You still have a 72-10 record to beat.

roll.gif
why would we need to beat that ? A championship is more recognizable . Something that your team won't be able to accomplish for another 10 years

roll.gif
why would we need to beat that ? A championship is more recognizable . Something that your team won't be able to accomplish for another 10 years

Who here said we were trying to get 72-10?

Regular Season + Lakers do not mix well, any true Laker fan knows we wern't going for that record.

bakedFresh707 wrote:
dude, you still havent stated what team youre a fan of??
It should be obvious but either way, what's your point? You want to be hypocritical and say "no no crobers, you cannot comment in here on my beloved lakers team thread and speak facts and be critical of my team and beloved favorite player #8...but we can do it"
laugh.gif
 Let your team lose 7 in a row and get put out in the first round of the playoffs and watch damn near all the so called fans be in here talkin nonstop mess about the team (most non critical) and pointin fingers at who is the most culpable n trash but let me do it and i'm the bad guy
laugh.gif

That's damn near as pathetic as saying one cannot be a laker fan if they don't  live in LA (which most of you do not and are more like sack riding bandwagon fans who are more so riding hard *pause* because of the recent winning seasons)
30t6p3b.gif

*yeah I said it*

Who here said we were trying to get 72-10?

Regular Season + Lakers do not mix well, any true Laker fan knows we wern't going for that record.

bakedFresh707 wrote:
dude, you still havent stated what team youre a fan of??
It should be obvious but either way, what's your point? You want to be hypocritical and say "no no crobers, you cannot comment in here on my beloved lakers team thread and speak facts and be critical of my team and beloved favorite player #8...but we can do it"
laugh.gif
 Let your team lose 7 in a row and get put out in the first round of the playoffs and watch damn near all the so called fans be in here talkin nonstop mess about the team (most non critical) and pointin fingers at who is the most culpable n trash but let me do it and i'm the bad guy
laugh.gif

That's damn near as pathetic as saying one cannot be a laker fan if they don't  live in LA (which most of you do not and are more like sack riding bandwagon fans who are more so riding hard *pause* because of the recent winning seasons)
30t6p3b.gif

*yeah I said it*

roll.gif
neigh, no one here expected us to beat the 72-10 record, or to even challenge it

roll.gif
neigh, no one here expected us to beat the 72-10 record, or to even challenge it

...what happened in the 2nd qtr...Lakers shoulda had that one...shoulda stepped up the pace at the 6min mark instead of the 3...
ohwell.gif
...c'mon Lakers...

...what happened in the 2nd qtr...Lakers shoulda had that one...shoulda stepped up the pace at the 6min mark instead of the 3...
ohwell.gif
...c'mon Lakers...

Back
Top Bottom