[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Do Be Doo:
How do LA fans feel about  Magic "GLOAT" johnson post game show comments about the team?
Tell me that's supposed to be 'greatest loser of all time'.

Do Be Doo:
How do LA fans feel about  Magic "GLOAT" johnson post game show comments about the team?

the 08-09 lakers would've won a game like this for the same reasons this heat team won last night. hunger,motivation, and to make a statement (and payback as well on the 08 lakers part as well considering who they beat that year)

i'm not one of those laker fans who panics after every L, says bench fisher after one game and talks out their *$! because i know the lakers routine and i'm used to their habits but this one pissed me off.

i can easily live with the home losses to milwaukee, indiana, losses to memphis, sacramento, and the bobcats because to those teams, the lakers are their championship game so you almost always get their best effort and the lakers tend to half *$! against those guys as well.

playing on national tv on christmas against a team that will be challenging for their title this year and that pretty much stole the spotlight from the back to back champs this year, i was hoping the lakers would play like a team that would remind us who the champs are, not a team that looked like they wanted to be at home instead.

they'll get it together but the west isn't going to be the same cakewalk it's been in recent years. san antonio and dallas look real strong right now and while i'd ultimately expect the lakers to beat them, it's going to be tougher this playoffs in the west then it was before. i would hope strictly off a pride standpoint that the lakers will step it up and get it together when they play good teams and start that on tuesday night.

that being said, props to miami for doing what the lakers should've done, and it sucks for whoever spent all that money on tix for the game.

the 08-09 lakers would've won a game like this for the same reasons this heat team won last night. hunger,motivation, and to make a statement (and payback as well on the 08 lakers part as well considering who they beat that year)

i'm not one of those laker fans who panics after every L, says bench fisher after one game and talks out their *$! because i know the lakers routine and i'm used to their habits but this one pissed me off.

i can easily live with the home losses to milwaukee, indiana, losses to memphis, sacramento, and the bobcats because to those teams, the lakers are their championship game so you almost always get their best effort and the lakers tend to half *$! against those guys as well.

playing on national tv on christmas against a team that will be challenging for their title this year and that pretty much stole the spotlight from the back to back champs this year, i was hoping the lakers would play like a team that would remind us who the champs are, not a team that looked like they wanted to be at home instead.

they'll get it together but the west isn't going to be the same cakewalk it's been in recent years. san antonio and dallas look real strong right now and while i'd ultimately expect the lakers to beat them, it's going to be tougher this playoffs in the west then it was before. i would hope strictly off a pride standpoint that the lakers will step it up and get it together when they play good teams and start that on tuesday night.

that being said, props to miami for doing what the lakers should've done, and it sucks for whoever spent all that money on tix for the game.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Do Be Doo wrote:
How do LA fans feel about Magic "GLOAT" johnson post game show comments about the team?

LAKER

Best I could do.But he also said "this team is OLD".

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Do Be Doo wrote:
How do LA fans feel about Magic "GLOAT" johnson post game show comments about the team?

LAKER

Best I could do.But he also said "this team is OLD".

What an ugly game
sick.gif

Wade played good D on Kobe
Gasol MIA
Looking to see how the Lakers respond on Tuesday night vs the Spurs
When can we see Bynum in the starting lineup?

What an ugly game
sick.gif

Wade played good D on Kobe
Gasol MIA
Looking to see how the Lakers respond on Tuesday night vs the Spurs
When can we see Bynum in the starting lineup?

What I learned from yesterday's game is that we need Bynum starting or at least playing with Pau.  Seems like it was forever ago that Pau was playing as a MVP.

I also taught we didn't even care to make any in-game adjustments. 

What I learned from yesterday's game is that we need Bynum starting or at least playing with Pau.  Seems like it was forever ago that Pau was playing as a MVP.

I also taught we didn't even care to make any in-game adjustments. 

Seems like we're at that point of the season(although it seems a little earlier than last time) where the majority of outsiders are questioning the Lakers and doubting their chances down the road. I'd rather have it that way. We started off the season on on that winning streak and all the analysts were clamoring about how we were the best team despite how bad we looked in our W's.

I know they're not gonna fly under the radar or whatever, but I feel like whenever LA is heavily doubted and things look grim, they play better.

Seems like we're at that point of the season(although it seems a little earlier than last time) where the majority of outsiders are questioning the Lakers and doubting their chances down the road. I'd rather have it that way. We started off the season on on that winning streak and all the analysts were clamoring about how we were the best team despite how bad we looked in our W's.

I know they're not gonna fly under the radar or whatever, but I feel like whenever LA is heavily doubted and things look grim, they play better.

Noble, Celts in 84, 85, 86, and 87 went to 4 straight.  (2-2)

I mean, I didn't ask for Bron to have a hand full of rings, I merely asked for a single finals win in his "amazing" career.  Kid has made a living of these "huge" regular season statement like victories, but come playoff time, all I ever hear from dude's camp is excuses.  And if people want to play around and talk about Kobe and Bron like this, at least Kobe has "huge" regular season wins, AND huge playoff wins.  Games, and series.  Kobe has done it all.  Bron? 
That's all I was saying when that guy got mad.  I wasn't tryin to make it a big issue, merely pointing out a fact, 0 finals victories.  Not series, a single game. 

Here is what everyne is forgetting, and it will happen.  Bynum is not starting.  The last two years (and we won both years) Bynum and Pau set the tone together.  Did anyone notice that Bosh was out there playin big yesterday?  Well, that doesn't happen if he goes against Gasol to start the game, NOT Odom.  Make no mistake, Odom has played well this year, but he is not a huge disadvantge to other teams STARTERS.  Off the bench, he's a problem.  We all saw Gasol struggle early in the game, miss 22 lay ups, rush shots, etc etc.  Byn um in there, we can dump it to him (going against Big Z) and have Bosh defend Gasol. 
The adjustment that Phil is going to make is slide Bynum into the starting lineup. It will come.  Next month?  Next week?  Next game?  I dunno, but it will happen.  Our main advantage the last two years has been our 2 7 footers, AND Kobe Bryant.  That is TOUGH to match up with. 

Be patient.  Drew is going thru "training camp" right now.  Couple practices, few extra game minutes with the guys, etc etc, he will get it going.  And the play will improve.  As well as the evening out of Pau's minutes.  Get him settled in at 36-37 minutes a game again. 

And really, if we manage to win in SA on Tuesday, all that sky is falling crap will look silly won't it? 
laugh.gif
  Now of course, if we lose, then all hell will break lose. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Noble, Celts in 84, 85, 86, and 87 went to 4 straight.  (2-2)

I mean, I didn't ask for Bron to have a hand full of rings, I merely asked for a single finals win in his "amazing" career.  Kid has made a living of these "huge" regular season statement like victories, but come playoff time, all I ever hear from dude's camp is excuses.  And if people want to play around and talk about Kobe and Bron like this, at least Kobe has "huge" regular season wins, AND huge playoff wins.  Games, and series.  Kobe has done it all.  Bron? 
That's all I was saying when that guy got mad.  I wasn't tryin to make it a big issue, merely pointing out a fact, 0 finals victories.  Not series, a single game. 

Here is what everyne is forgetting, and it will happen.  Bynum is not starting.  The last two years (and we won both years) Bynum and Pau set the tone together.  Did anyone notice that Bosh was out there playin big yesterday?  Well, that doesn't happen if he goes against Gasol to start the game, NOT Odom.  Make no mistake, Odom has played well this year, but he is not a huge disadvantge to other teams STARTERS.  Off the bench, he's a problem.  We all saw Gasol struggle early in the game, miss 22 lay ups, rush shots, etc etc.  Byn um in there, we can dump it to him (going against Big Z) and have Bosh defend Gasol. 
The adjustment that Phil is going to make is slide Bynum into the starting lineup. It will come.  Next month?  Next week?  Next game?  I dunno, but it will happen.  Our main advantage the last two years has been our 2 7 footers, AND Kobe Bryant.  That is TOUGH to match up with. 

Be patient.  Drew is going thru "training camp" right now.  Couple practices, few extra game minutes with the guys, etc etc, he will get it going.  And the play will improve.  As well as the evening out of Pau's minutes.  Get him settled in at 36-37 minutes a game again. 

And really, if we manage to win in SA on Tuesday, all that sky is falling crap will look silly won't it? 
laugh.gif
  Now of course, if we lose, then all hell will break lose. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

You're absolutely right CP.

People, including myself, tend to forget that we are not at full strength yet. No excuse for our performance yesterday, but we will be fine.

You're absolutely right CP.

People, including myself, tend to forget that we are not at full strength yet. No excuse for our performance yesterday, but we will be fine.

I think Bynum being in the line-up is a huge.

CP was dead on, Pau cannot pound with Bosh and their other big, since LO isn't a banger.

LO scoring off the bench is definitely needed. No way in hell Bosh is scoring like that with Bynum in for more then 10 minutes.

I think Bynum being in the line-up is a huge.

CP was dead on, Pau cannot pound with Bosh and their other big, since LO isn't a banger.

LO scoring off the bench is definitely needed. No way in hell Bosh is scoring like that with Bynum in for more then 10 minutes.

I think Artest and Fisher should be replaced by Barnes and Brown in the starting lineup. Both seem to be dead weights out there.

I don't think Bynum will be ready to start yet. Blake has been m.i.a. since early november
nerd.gif

I think Artest and Fisher should be replaced by Barnes and Brown in the starting lineup. Both seem to be dead weights out there.

I don't think Bynum will be ready to start yet. Blake has been m.i.a. since early november
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom