[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

And you think that Fish, Blake, Ron, and Bynum should be our bench? 
sick.gif
  Come on maing. 

Breezy bein our primary ball handler is not a good idea, and Ron coming off the bench does nothing.  Barnes off the bench is a good look. 

Everyone can relax on the roster/lineup tweaking.  Bynum being back and having the same 4 guys with the Ariza/Ron position is exactly what we need.  LO, Blake, Brown, Barnes and then Center (Bynum or Pau) is the perfect bench with Walton, Rookies, and Smith or Ratliff being filler to use at Phil's discretion. 

The Lakers will never get as hyped up for games as their fans do.  People need to remember that.  These guys just beat the Boston Celtics to win their second title in 2 years just 6 months ago, and now people are pushin them to "get up" for "big" games in December. 
30t6p3b.gif
  It is human nature to not be all that into that.  We forget, playing the Lakers is like Christmas day games for every team that plays us.  When LA comes to Portland, this place is electric.  When we play in Phoenix, they salivate.  When we play Sac, OKC, Denver, Utah, etc etc etc etc.  EVERY team and their fanbase wants a peice of us.  Do you all remember how much teams and their fans loved it when we were no longer contenders, and they would beat us and laugh at us and tell us our time was over?  That's from YEARS of us defeating everybody and sending them home year after year.  We get every single teams best game against us.  80 games a year, everyone wants a peice of us.  And we expect our guys to want to slit everybody's throat 100+ games a year. 
grin.gif

It's simply not humanly possible.  Even the Bulls let games get away from them from time to time.  More often then not though, they took care of their business right?  And that is what we have here.  We won't win every game, but we'll win our share.  And when it comes time to play 7 games in two weeks, and we have scouts, and adjustments, and days off to study and prepare, and it all comes down to focus and execution in crunch time, which team has shown that it has more then enough guys willing to step up and contribute when it matters, REALLY MATTERS? 

Man, I sound like a @#$%^& infomercial in here all the time. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

We gon be aiight guys.  Let the chips fall. 
wink.gif

And you think that Fish, Blake, Ron, and Bynum should be our bench? 
sick.gif
  Come on maing. 

Breezy bein our primary ball handler is not a good idea, and Ron coming off the bench does nothing.  Barnes off the bench is a good look. 

Everyone can relax on the roster/lineup tweaking.  Bynum being back and having the same 4 guys with the Ariza/Ron position is exactly what we need.  LO, Blake, Brown, Barnes and then Center (Bynum or Pau) is the perfect bench with Walton, Rookies, and Smith or Ratliff being filler to use at Phil's discretion. 

The Lakers will never get as hyped up for games as their fans do.  People need to remember that.  These guys just beat the Boston Celtics to win their second title in 2 years just 6 months ago, and now people are pushin them to "get up" for "big" games in December. 
30t6p3b.gif
  It is human nature to not be all that into that.  We forget, playing the Lakers is like Christmas day games for every team that plays us.  When LA comes to Portland, this place is electric.  When we play in Phoenix, they salivate.  When we play Sac, OKC, Denver, Utah, etc etc etc etc.  EVERY team and their fanbase wants a peice of us.  Do you all remember how much teams and their fans loved it when we were no longer contenders, and they would beat us and laugh at us and tell us our time was over?  That's from YEARS of us defeating everybody and sending them home year after year.  We get every single teams best game against us.  80 games a year, everyone wants a peice of us.  And we expect our guys to want to slit everybody's throat 100+ games a year. 
grin.gif

It's simply not humanly possible.  Even the Bulls let games get away from them from time to time.  More often then not though, they took care of their business right?  And that is what we have here.  We won't win every game, but we'll win our share.  And when it comes time to play 7 games in two weeks, and we have scouts, and adjustments, and days off to study and prepare, and it all comes down to focus and execution in crunch time, which team has shown that it has more then enough guys willing to step up and contribute when it matters, REALLY MATTERS? 

Man, I sound like a @#$%^& infomercial in here all the time. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

We gon be aiight guys.  Let the chips fall. 
wink.gif

*Yawn*

It's tough to be hungry when you already ate. 
Just saying... 

Not worrying the hell out right now because it's only December, but I would be worried if they keep playing like this heading to the All-Star break. 

*Yawn*

It's tough to be hungry when you already ate. 
Just saying... 

Not worrying the hell out right now because it's only December, but I would be worried if they keep playing like this heading to the All-Star break. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

what team has ever gone to 4 straight finals? anybody know?
Lakers
2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 (3-4)

and the Celts as mentioned in the above post

Lakers

Originally Posted by 310HxA

Lakers

No dude. 

2000, 01, 02, and 04.  03 was the Spurs year when Horry missed the 3 (in and out heartbreak) at the buzzer in game 5. 

Lakers

No dude. 

2000, 01, 02, and 04.  03 was the Spurs year when Horry missed the 3 (in and out heartbreak) at the buzzer in game 5. 

I don't if I should laugh or be sad.

"LAKERS fan" not knowing team history.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Or

Some people really not knowing the SPURS won in 03.
frown.gif
frown.gif

they have the WHOLE game on youtube if anyone wants to see a GREAT game.
pimp.gif

I don't if I should laugh or be sad.

"LAKERS fan" not knowing team history.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Or

Some people really not knowing the SPURS won in 03.
frown.gif
frown.gif

they have the WHOLE game on youtube if anyone wants to see a GREAT game.
pimp.gif

the only reason I suggested shannon and barnes is that they would probably start a few more fastbreaks for them

artest and fisher will suck in the regular season no matter who they are playing with and if they start or not...plus they are old dudes...maybe they need less minutes

the only reason I suggested shannon and barnes is that they would probably start a few more fastbreaks for them

artest and fisher will suck in the regular season no matter who they are playing with and if they start or not...plus they are old dudes...maybe they need less minutes

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

How about you go start a thread about the Lakers 
smile.gif

Or, who would you take, Duncan or Kobe 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're either always in here force feeding your Spurs, or starting threads about the Lakers, but when Lakers are winning, you're nowhere to be found.  

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

How about you go start a thread about the Lakers 
smile.gif

Or, who would you take, Duncan or Kobe 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're either always in here force feeding your Spurs, or starting threads about the Lakers, but when Lakers are winning, you're nowhere to be found.  

Originally Posted by knightngale

Then who sparks our bench? What happens to that production? He tips dramatically then.

And suck? I mean Ron may not be the offensive powerhouse no one expected, but his defense is usually top notch.

And Fish has been playing a lot better this year than last. I know some, including myself (I apologized tho), wanted him benched around this time last year.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Then who sparks our bench? What happens to that production? He tips dramatically then.

And suck? I mean Ron may not be the offensive powerhouse no one expected, but his defense is usually top notch.

And Fish has been playing a lot better this year than last. I know some, including myself (I apologized tho), wanted him benched around this time last year.

Lakers

We never made it to the finals in 03. SA eliminated us that year.

Lakers

We never made it to the finals in 03. SA eliminated us that year.

Back
Top Bottom