[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by CP1708

I spent a half hour of my morning listening to "knowledgeable" sports fans tellin me how much the regular season matters come postseason time. 
eyes.gif

Me bringing up the 67 win Mavs team, the 60+ back to back Cavs teams, the old Sac teams, and the 50+ win Mavs team last year, the 22 win straight Rockets team, meant nothing to them.   

But THIS regular season Laker team, it will have a profound effect on their playoff lives. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know what this season holds for us, but so help me if we find a way to beat down the Spurs and advance, I might never talk to another Laker fan again. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  If the Spurs coast to the finals, then I guess I'll be wrong for the 1 billionth time in my life. 
embarassed.gif
I agree with you. Only thing I'll say is nobody in the west will beat LA in a 7 game series even if Bynum is hobbled but still able to play.. and the rest of the squad is healthy.

Now the finals will be a completely different story. Especially if LA doesn't have home court over Boston or Miami. Both of those teams match up very well against LA, even though Miami is limited on bigs.

I spent a half hour of my morning listening to "knowledgeable" sports fans tellin me how much the regular season matters come postseason time. 
eyes.gif

Me bringing up the 67 win Mavs team, the 60+ back to back Cavs teams, the old Sac teams, and the 50+ win Mavs team last year, the 22 win straight Rockets team, meant nothing to them.   

But THIS regular season Laker team, it will have a profound effect on their playoff lives. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know what this season holds for us, but so help me if we find a way to beat down the Spurs and advance, I might never talk to another Laker fan again. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  If the Spurs coast to the finals, then I guess I'll be wrong for the 1 billionth time in my life. 
embarassed.gif
I agree with you. Only thing I'll say is nobody in the west will beat LA in a 7 game series even if Bynum is hobbled but still able to play.. and the rest of the squad is healthy.

Now the finals will be a completely different story. Especially if LA doesn't have home court over Boston or Miami. Both of those teams match up very well against LA, even though Miami is limited on bigs.

We "thought" Boston was done last year, they got the 4th seed, and look how they beat up on the East in the post season, on their way to the Finals.

All I'm saying is people look into Regular season records a little too much.

Yes the team is struggling, Yes teams like the Grizzlies, Bucks etc have blown them out, but that doesn't mean jack.

Teams are motivated, teams are playing hard, teams WANT to dethrone the Lakers. You think they want to see the Lakers succeed? Hell no.

Team will feed off the recent struggles.

It is still early January, season won't start until after the All-Star break.

We "thought" Boston was done last year, they got the 4th seed, and look how they beat up on the East in the post season, on their way to the Finals.

Yes the team is struggling, Yes teams like the Grizzlies, Bucks etc have blown them out, but that doesn't mean jack.

Teams are motivated, teams are playing hard, teams WANT to dethrone the Lakers. You think they want to see the Lakers succeed? Hell no.

All I can say is, LA needs home court in the Finals.

Honestly I see that as a must if they want to 3 peat. That damn format is so stupid
eyes.gif

As bandwagon as Miami fans are, if they're in the finals, they will certainly have great crowd support.

All I can say is, LA needs home court in the Finals.

Honestly I see that as a must if they want to 3 peat. That damn format is so stupid
eyes.gif

As bandwagon as Miami fans are, if they're in the finals, they will certainly have great crowd support.

If we look at this month's schedule, this is the easiest stretch they will have in their entire season.

Advantage taken??? I hope so.

If we look at this month's schedule, this is the easiest stretch they will have in their entire season.

Advantage taken??? I hope so.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

QFT.

boston looked pretty much dead last year but they got healthy and were only a quarter away from taking the title. the target on our back is bigger than the past 2 years since we are the 2 time defending champs now. its really easy to have your guard down after winning it two years in a row. look at the '93 bulls and the us in '02, didn't have the best record but were able to complete the 3peat. granted we shouldnt be getting blown out at home against the bucks and memphis but it is what it is.

kobe8is wrote:
“He was right,

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

QFT.

boston looked pretty much dead last year but they got healthy and were only a quarter away from taking the title. the target on our back is bigger than the past 2 years since we are the 2 time defending champs now. its really easy to have your guard down after winning it two years in a row. look at the '93 bulls and the us in '02, didn't have the best record but were able to complete the 3peat. granted we shouldnt be getting blown out at home against the bucks and memphis but it is what it is.

kobe8is wrote:
“He was right,

in our advertising we stated that Power Balance wristbands improved your strength, balance and flexibility.
We admit that there is no credible scientific evidence that supports our claims and therefore we engaged in misleading conduct in breach of s52 of the Trade Practices Act 1974.

If you feel you have been misled by our promotions, we wish to unreservedly apologise and offer a full refund.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I wonder if Kobe and Lamar will be wearing them tonight. Lamar stays peddling this crap on Twitter
sick.gif

9f3d01af05542b9dda46ef79ce772a4b-getty-103895483sd024_los_angeles_.jpg

0e325b8ce525ff0bb5a1755e2c0d3d2d-getty-103883088jg002_washington_w.jpg

in our advertising we stated that Power Balance wristbands improved your strength, balance and flexibility.
We admit that there is no credible scientific evidence that supports our claims and therefore we engaged in misleading conduct in breach of s52 of the Trade Practices Act 1974.

If you feel you have been misled by our promotions, we wish to unreservedly apologise and offer a full refund.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I wonder if Kobe and Lamar will be wearing them tonight. Lamar stays peddling this crap on Twitter
sick.gif

9f3d01af05542b9dda46ef79ce772a4b-getty-103895483sd024_los_angeles_.jpg

0e325b8ce525ff0bb5a1755e2c0d3d2d-getty-103883088jg002_washington_w.jpg

On the bright side, at least we play in the NFC West with Phoenix, Sac, GS, and the Clips. 

So even if we have a losing record, we can still make the playoffs. 
happy.gif
wink.gif

Good to be a Laker fan.  We suck and have an 8 game lead in our division. 
roll.gif

On the bright side, at least we play in the NFC West with Phoenix, Sac, GS, and the Clips. 

happy.gif
wink.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by shaqrules

phil's post game comments were funny as hell!!!hahaha

"kobe has to screw up the game.....by going one on one...."
"The Lakers are 15-2 when Kobe attempts fewer than 20 field goals."�
eek.gif

lol

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by shaqrules

phil's post game comments were funny as hell!!!hahaha

"kobe has to screw up the game.....by going one on one...."
"The Lakers are 15-2 when Kobe attempts fewer than 20 field goals."�
eek.gif

lol

happy.gif
wink.gif

roll.gif
thanks for reminding me that my niners had a horrible season. i was ready to move on
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

happy.gif
wink.gif

roll.gif
thanks for reminding me that my niners had a horrible season. i was ready to move on
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom