[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

We still haven't beat a legit good team yet.
Knicks beat the spurs the other night, what does that mean ?

All L.A. has to do is get a decent seed in the playoff's and theyve got a good shot at a 3peat, simple as that.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Smh at barnes and blakes injury..

mitch may need to put in some work these coming weeks or walton/ebanks time.
btw, how does Sasha have a game winner before Kobe this season?

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Smh at barnes and blakes injury..

mitch may need to put in some work these coming weeks or walton/ebanks time.
btw, how does Sasha have a game winner before Kobe this season?

laugh.gif
I have no idea bro... all I know is that dude is already getting more playing time than Jordan Farmar. Dude already putting in 20+ a night.
30t6p3b.gif
Good for him though, i'm happy for him.

For the record, no one is touching the caps scoring record. It's sashas contract year so maybe this is why he's playing so well. Plus he's trying to prove himself again after he was basically brought back to earth being traded.

Does anyone know the status of Blake and barnes injuries?

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Originally Posted by DTruth07

damn barnes is hurt. torn lateral meniscus in his right knee 
30t6p3b.gif
How long is he out for??
Probably a month. Big Ears had a similar injury two seasons ago and missed five weeks.

Maybe Odom gets his wish and gets to play SF.

sucks that Barnes got injured, but it looks like Artest is gettin his offensive game back or we hope so.

hopefully Phil gives Ebanks some burn and see if he gels in into the triangle

Well it says that barnes needs surgery. He'll probably be back after the all star break. With barnes out, it means artest gets more minutes and Luke will play more. Any word on Blake?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Well it says that barnes needs surgery. He'll probably be back after the all star break. With barnes out, it means artest gets more minutes and Luke will play more. Any word on Blake?
barnes tweeted hes gonna be out for 8 weeks.. and im pretty sure blake is alright, he came back to the game last night.

tired.gif
@ Blakes and Barnes injuries. Hopin for speedy recoveries.
Good game against NO. Ariza went off though.
Lookin for Artest to step up on the offensive end.
And Bynum lookin better and better.
Him plus Pau in the front court are lethal.
NY should be an interesting game.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

barnes tweeted hes gonna be out for 8 weeks.. and im pretty sure blake is alright, he came back to the game last night.
sick.gif
8 weeks.

as long as barnes is back for the playoffs or before that it is not that serious

well it could be serious in that luke walton will be able to sabotage more games

does anyone think luke worked on his jumper in the off season?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by MR J 858

23ska909red02 wrote:

His career average of 25? He'd need to maintain that for the next 6 seasons.

It's not happening, bro.
You seriously don't think he can continue to average 25 points for the rest of his career?

At 6 more years he would be 38 years old. Dude has said multiple times in interviews that to him playing as long as he physically possible can and into his 40's is something that he views as a challenge. Also dude is known for taking care of his body like nobody else.

I'm a huge Kobe fan, but I don't think that's going to happen.....No way... Does it even matter? No....He's already cracked top ten ALL TIME. Good enough....Especially considering he's going to end up alot lower than #9. Not to mention he's got the Lakers all time scoring record.

He already said he's got little cartilage left in that knee of his that it's almost bone touching bone. It's not that serious yet. He can continue to average 25 easily, but not for 6 more years.

That knee wont hold up long enough for him to play six more seasons imo, and things like that are bound to happen to any player whose played as long as him.

He's no where near done yet as long as he doesn't get any more serious injuries. He's already playing with a dead finger, dead knuckle, sprained finger on his left hand, and a 3 time surgically repaired knee and still can put up 30 a night if he REALLY wanted to.

6 years though? That's a LONG time. It will be 2017 by that time, and Kobe became pro in 1996...Not going to happen.
frown.gif

--I havent looked up the list, but Kobe will be passing The Dream this season though.
--Best resume from the class of '96.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by MR J 858

23ska909red02 wrote:

His career average of 25? He'd need to maintain that for the next 6 seasons.

It's not happening, bro.
You seriously don't think he can continue to average 25 points for the rest of his career?

At 6 more years he would be 38 years old. Dude has said multiple times in interviews that to him playing as long as he physically possible can and into his 40's is something that he views as a challenge. Also dude is known for taking care of his body like nobody else.

I'm a huge Kobe fan, but I don't think that's going to happen.....No way... Does it even matter? No....He's already cracked top ten ALL TIME. Good enough....Especially considering he's going to end up alot lower than #9. Not to mention he's got the Lakers all time scoring record.

He already said he's got little cartilage left in that knee of his that it's almost bone touching bone. It's not that serious yet. He can continue to average 25 easily, but not for 6 more years.

That knee wont hold up long enough for him to play six more seasons imo, and things like that are bound to happen to any player whose played as long as him.

He's no where near done yet as long as he doesn't get any more serious injuries. He's already playing with a dead finger, dead knuckle, sprained finger on his left hand, and a 3 time surgically repaired knee and still can put up 30 a night if he REALLY wanted to.

6 years though? That's a LONG time. It will be 2017 by that time, and Kobe became pro in 1996...Not going to happen.
frown.gif

Me and a friend of mine, who is a BIG Kobe fan, were just discussing this, being that the Knicks next game was the Lakers and he was also a Knicks fan.

To me, it's going to be SUPER tough, but I think he will be close towards that 6th year and just off that, he's going to be pushing for it, by then he will probably have his 6th ring. (7 is going to be tough to get now) So, most of his focus may turn to trying to catch Kareem. If Kobe is 38+ with like 2 G's or less left to gain the record my son going to play until he gets it.

At least, I feel he deserves it. You could just tell how much he wants to be the best. Hopefully he can get there.

After going through that "Is Kobe still exciting" thread.
30t6p3b.gif
Dudes are bugging out in there.

Kobe is appreciated.
glasses.gif

Knicks going to run on his old a.ss though.
laugh.gif

wink.gif

crazy how time flies

I've been a Kobe fan since junior high school and now I'm 26. But yeah, Laker fans..appreciate him while he's still playing
frown.gif

I still remember this commercial

People forget the things Kobe was doing in the playoffs at the young age of just 21. He averaged almost 30 a game at 22 years old during the second championship...With Shaq still in his prime. He'll never get the credit he deserves. People always want to point something he did wrong on every single championship to somehow make it seem less impressive.

See NY fans appreciate basketball. It's a shame how a lot of people are blinded with hate when it comes to Kobe. Why can't we all just appreciate a great basketball player when we see one. Didn't doc rivers say something about wishing people should celebrate Kobe more or something in the likes of that.

Back
Top Bottom