[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Serious dog?

that pass wasn't even perfect for him
indifferent.gif

he had to move to his right.

He really couldn't have shot that? Caracter could of shot that, you're cutting Ron WAY too much slack.

As bad as Kobe and Pau and the rest of them shot, that was a good enough look for anyone to take as a last shot

I agree with you on the Phil thing, but we all know how he is. Not to mention any Laker could of taken a time out and nobody did, assuming we even had a time out to go.

You're acting like I said Kobe had a good game, no. He had a horrible shooting night along with all the other Lakers, but to blame him for Ron's mistake?

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Serious dog?

that pass wasn't even perfect for him
indifferent.gif

he had to move to his right.

He really couldn't have shot that? Caracter could of shot that, you're cutting Ron WAY too much slack.

As bad as Kobe and Pau and the rest of them shot, that was a good enough look for anyone to take as a last shot

I agree with you on the Phil thing, but we all know how he is. Not to mention any Laker could of taken a time out and nobody did, assuming we even had a time out to go.

You're acting like I said Kobe had a good game, no. He had a horrible shooting night along with all the other Lakers, but to blame him for Ron's mistake?

Originally Posted by knightngale

Ron would not have made the shot even if he was wide open anyways. Kobe drove into traffic and got hung in the air. He passed as a last resort.

KEEP PASSING TO RON KOBE!
indifferent.gif

When kobe drove he went to the line, made layups, or passed for open 3s. He is settling for way too many jumpers.

Dude needs a runner or floater now that he is moving like an old man out there
tired.gif

Anyways, the biggest problem again was DEFENSE. I tuned in only to watch the 4th quarter and almost every time the girzz ran the pick n roll they scored
indifferent.gif

Anyone see Gasol's pick n roll defense? That %%%% is so bad it looks like a 2k11 glitch. CONLEY SEEMINGLY RUNS THROUGH GASOL AT TIMES
roll.gif

The problem is made worse when the other half of the pick n roll defense is Fisher
sick.gif
. Kobe was caught ball watching instead of actually playing help defense as well.

EVERYBODY GUARD THE DAMN PG SO HE DOES NOT GET LAYUP AFTER LAYUP
indifferent.gif
PREACH!!!!!

Originally Posted by knightngale

Ron would not have made the shot even if he was wide open anyways. Kobe drove into traffic and got hung in the air. He passed as a last resort.

KEEP PASSING TO RON KOBE!
indifferent.gif

When kobe drove he went to the line, made layups, or passed for open 3s. He is settling for way too many jumpers.

Dude needs a runner or floater now that he is moving like an old man out there
tired.gif

Anyways, the biggest problem again was DEFENSE. I tuned in only to watch the 4th quarter and almost every time the girzz ran the pick n roll they scored
indifferent.gif

Anyone see Gasol's pick n roll defense? That %%%% is so bad it looks like a 2k11 glitch. CONLEY SEEMINGLY RUNS THROUGH GASOL AT TIMES
roll.gif

The problem is made worse when the other half of the pick n roll defense is Fisher
sick.gif
. Kobe was caught ball watching instead of actually playing help defense as well.

EVERYBODY GUARD THE DAMN PG SO HE DOES NOT GET LAYUP AFTER LAYUP
indifferent.gif
PREACH!!!!!

Such a dumb way to lose the game. I understand maybe trying to catch them off guard but call the time out, set up a play and let kobe take us home. It shouldn't have been that bad but when you have a chance to win and you blow it like that? Phil has to step up and take that time out even if the players don't want to!

Such a dumb way to lose the game. I understand maybe trying to catch them off guard but call the time out, set up a play and let kobe take us home. It shouldn't have been that bad but when you have a chance to win and you blow it like that? Phil has to step up and take that time out even if the players don't want to!

I don't see why we're blaming this on Ron or Kobe, if anything, blame it on the whole team. It took us like the last 1 to 2 minutes left in the game to actually play decent defense. They scored 38 points in the paint. We gave them easy layups.

I don't see why we're blaming this on Ron or Kobe, if anything, blame it on the whole team. It took us like the last 1 to 2 minutes left in the game to actually play decent defense. They scored 38 points in the paint. We gave them easy layups.

Kobe didn't shoot well but if pau or fish played better defense at tthe end of these games we could win emPau needs to learn how to block a shot he always let's those small guards get layups on him needs to learn how to pin those shots on the backboard.The stop we did get Kobe locked Gay down and he lost it.Yeah if Artest shot it he could of gotten the shot off but he hesitated.If it was my decision Kobe should of pulled up from downtown.Ehhh its a long season fellas hate losing these games but got to move on Rockets tmrw

Kobe didn't shoot well but if pau or fish played better defense at tthe end of these games we could win emPau needs to learn how to block a shot he always let's those small guards get layups on him needs to learn how to pin those shots on the backboard.The stop we did get Kobe locked Gay down and he lost it.Yeah if Artest shot it he could of gotten the shot off but he hesitated.If it was my decision Kobe should of pulled up from downtown.Ehhh its a long season fellas hate losing these games but got to move on Rockets tmrw

^ Agreed, it's been a horrible effort by the coaching staff as well, not just the players. There is no panic mode, this happens every year even if it shouldn't happen.

We're just analyzing the game, but one thing that's not going to get better is our interior defense.

We need another big to help out plain and simple. Conley was doing anything he wanted against Fisher which is another mistake by Phil.

Fisher and Ron should not have been in there at the end and that was Phils choice not anyone else.

^ Agreed, it's been a horrible effort by the coaching staff as well, not just the players. There is no panic mode, this happens every year even if it shouldn't happen.

We're just analyzing the game, but one thing that's not going to get better is our interior defense.

We need another big to help out plain and simple. Conley was doing anything he wanted against Fisher which is another mistake by Phil.

Fisher and Ron should not have been in there at the end and that was Phils choice not anyone else.

Kobe played absolutely terrible, that much cannot be argued. There were about five or six times when he was posted up on the wing, a help defender left a spot-up shooter on the 3-point line to help (either artest or the point guard), and instead of making the correct pass to the weak side, he spun base line and jacked up a shot. Tonight it seemed like the only time he was passing was when he absolutely could not get the shot off. His shot selection has been atrocious this season, he'll probably around 43 or 42% fg after tonight. NO reason for him to take more than 20 shots with that roster.

As for the team defense
sick.gif

Kobe played absolutely terrible, that much cannot be argued. There were about five or six times when he was posted up on the wing, a help defender left a spot-up shooter on the 3-point line to help (either artest or the point guard), and instead of making the correct pass to the weak side, he spun base line and jacked up a shot. Tonight it seemed like the only time he was passing was when he absolutely could not get the shot off. His shot selection has been atrocious this season, he'll probably around 43 or 42% fg after tonight. NO reason for him to take more than 20 shots with that roster.

As for the team defense
sick.gif

Mike Conley was showing the Lakers bench how to do a layup.

Timeout wasnt needed because it was off a turnover and the grizzlies were scrambling to get back...it was just a bad play by Kobe at the end.

Mike Conley was showing the Lakers bench how to do a layup.

Timeout wasnt needed because it was off a turnover and the grizzlies were scrambling to get back...it was just a bad play by Kobe at the end.

Probably wasting my breath but why not.....

If this were the playoffs, a timeout would have been called, but it's November, and the Lakers were trying to catch the Grizz without them getting their D set.  *shrugs*

Sucks losin three in a row, but it is what it is.  I bet you all want to panic, and tryin to calm everyone down after a loss is like trying to piss on a forest fire. 
laugh.gif

Panic away.......

Probably wasting my breath but why not.....

If this were the playoffs, a timeout would have been called, but it's November, and the Lakers were trying to catch the Grizz without them getting their D set.  *shrugs*

Sucks losin three in a row, but it is what it is.  I bet you all want to panic, and tryin to calm everyone down after a loss is like trying to piss on a forest fire. 
laugh.gif

Panic away.......

ehhhhhhh no sense in being mad anymore, time to cool off.

Like I said they do this very year. Kobe will figure his game out like he always does, his knee is clearly not 100% in strength with the little height he gets on his fadeaway. Pau will be fine once he has someone that will help him on defense.

Fisher doing his usual regular season routine.

I estimated they would most likely lose more games than last season simply because of motivation I hope it doesn't happen though.

Watching the Lakers play a full season and playoffs is more nerve wrecking than enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom