[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

You guys bring up some good points and rebounding is definitely a BIG reason why we have won back to back. But this guy is always injured still and its not like he's killing the rebounds on a game to game basis but then again he does add to our length.. I just dont think a chance to get players like Melo come that often but who knows....

this rumored trade is a no brainer...an injury prone 5 yr project vs. a All Star 26 yr old scorer/top ten player. I don't think it will happen though.

^^exactly....

and a co-worker is who told me about nene/melo for artest/bynum. Guess he didn't know what he was talmbout.

......wish he did
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

^^exactly....

and a co-worker is who told me about nene/melo for artest/bynum. Guess he didn't know what he was talmbout.

......wish he did
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dapurplengold213

we dont lose anything besides REBOUNDING
yup..just rebounding ....no big deal

NBA Finals Rebounding
Game 1 - Bos -31 Lal -42
Lakers Win

Game 2 - Bos -44 Lal -39
Lakers Lose

Game 3 - Bos -35 Lal -43
Lakers Win

Game 4 - Bos -41 Lal -34
Lakers Lose

Game 5 - Bos -35 Lal -34
Lakers Lose

Game 6 - Bos -39 Lal -52
Lakers Win

Game 7 - Bos -40 Lal -53
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Lakers Win[/color]

Originally Posted by Kookcle

NBA Finals Rebounding
Game 1 - Bos -31 Lal -42
Lakers Win

Game 2 - Bos -44 Lal -39
Lakers Lose

Game 3 - Bos -35 Lal -43
Lakers Win

Game 4 - Bos -41 Lal -34
Lakers Lose

Game 5 - Bos -35 Lal -34
Lakers Lose

Game 6 - Bos -39 Lal -52
Lakers Win

Game 7 - Bos -40 Lal -53
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Lakers Win[/color]
bynum averaged 7 rebounds per game in the playoffs

2 thoughts:

- Denver's using us for leverage and this trade will not happen nor will we trade Artest (imo)
- I'd trade Bynum for Melo straightup in .234 seconds flat.

how about bynum, blake, brown, character, and 1 first round pick for anthony and nene?

d leaguers can play better than blake and brown...

character will forever be undersized poor mans glenn davis ...

shannon brown should be in the d leaugue

havent been in this thread in awhile but imagined it was gonna be lulz in the last 2 days.

1st, Melo for Bynum is a no brainer...
2nd, people saying we shouldnt give up our size etc.... we play most of our games without Bynum. he doesnt even play at the end of games, are lineup is always Pau & Lamar
3rd, i hope you all dont think we have the dumbest GM in the world and he WONT sign a big man for the vet min...

4th  the time is NOW.... if you go back through all of the threads over the year i have ALWAYS said we need to trade Bynum as soon as we can before he has no value left.... dude is nothing special... we play more without him than we do with him... and when he is play its always the conditioning or working him back in... etc....
we have passed on 2 ALL STARS for this kid.... Jason Kidd, Chris Bosh, we can not pass on Melo....

5th.... Kobe & Melo being friends... they will make it work, plus think of the triangle this year... all the post up opportunities that Artest get, Melo will get and he will be dominant. he shoots way better than Artest, and plus him on the other side of the floor with Kobe is just ******ed to think about... Melo Pick & Roll with Gasol nasty. Plus the Lakers need the next star as Kobe goes into his end years...

lastly.... this can actually happen, because the Knicks think they can low ball the Nuggets... The Nuggets are the dumbest Front Office in basketball... they wont find a deal better than the Nets had... they offered (Favors Potential Big Man, Harris Younger PG, and 2 first round picks) now the Knicks struggled to bring in a 3rd team... and the best they could come up with is Wilson Chandler & Corey Brewer one 1st round pick..... i mean if Melo would be deceptive the Knicks could wait till next offseason to scoop him up... but Denver's GM is not going to let Melo go for nothing... so if trade deadline approaches.... and Bynum for Melo is on the table still.... they have no choice but to take it.

DO IT MITCH!

we dont lose anything besides REBOUNDING if we get melo for bynum...injuries are a constant struggle with him and i see him on the bench during crunch time most of the time...its hard to trade a player when youve been to 3 straight NBA finals but Bynum for Melo is a steal in my eyes
Agree!!! 100%!!!

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by Kookcle

NBA Finals Rebounding
Game 1 - Bos -31 Lal -42
Lakers Win

Game 2 - Bos -44 Lal -39
Lakers Lose

Game 3 - Bos -35 Lal -43
Lakers Win

Game 4 - Bos -41 Lal -34
Lakers Lose

Game 5 - Bos -35 Lal -34
Lakers Lose

Game 6 - Bos -39 Lal -52
Lakers Win

Game 7 - Bos -40 Lal -53
Lakers Win
bynum averaged 7 rebounds per game in the playoffs

True, in 20 minutes or so a game. 

He also takes up so much space, that leaves Pau and LO free to get the rebounds without fighting thru others.  

I saw the part where maybe we take on Chris Anderson also to help Denver free some money.......Melo and a decent 20 minute a night post defender......that could sway me.  I still say no to Bynum for Melo straight up, but if we get that post big we need as well, then I am willing to listen. 
But getting Melo ready in 2 months, sharing the ball between him, Kobe, Pau, and the rest, and having 5 SF's on the roster still (though Luke and Ebanks would certainly be BURIED on the bench)  would be tricky.  But if anyone can do it, it's Phil. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

br>
d leaguers can play better than blake and brown...

shannon brown should be in the d leaugue

well can you kindla direct him to the bulls shannon in tyhe d league :rofl:g #notsureifserious

i think they should add nene to that deal as well.. he's been a good player, and might even be more of a force than people think.. but if ron artest isnt traded you have a lot of forwards, unless gasol moves to the 5. odom, artest, anthony,smith, barnes, character,ebanks and punk *%% walton.. i'd trade the last 3 of that list... and go after maybe kaman or marc gasol, to fill up the gap that bynum leaves. i think marc gasol would be a good fit, along with his brother, to play in the middle..

haven't yall realized by now that the Lakers move in silence.....this deal has 000% chance of happening. this is seriously one of the smartest front offices in the league. if anything they are using Melo as smoke and mirrors so they can get some real work done. this is the same front office that had everyone focused on Gerald Green while they swooped up Bynum who they had their eyes on all along. there was no big presentation before the Lakers got Pau, Artest etc.....when has there ever been a big story BEFORE the Lakers actually got something done. it's a necessity... Lakers move in silence because if anyone knows their plan it gets ended (see: Carlos Boozer)

heres how it looks to me on what the 2 players offer...

on Bynum

1) bynum protects the rim more than some of you may think... he challenges shots all the time... if he aint swatting yer shett he is definitely changing your shot... he does this waayyyyy better than pau and lamar who think standing there with their hands up will prevent the opposing team from scoring.

2) not the most tenacious rebounder but he will definitely grab some boards if he is in position and probably tip some to himself.

3) offensively his footwork will always suck to me... he feels like he needs to gather himself all the time just to put one up...overall a good finisher around the rim but only because of his height.

4) its not a secret, his health by no means is safe from scrutiny.

on Melo

1) offensive machine, no question... can drive and finish... get to the line easily... can make plays,  pass/score. Basically a one on one nightmare.

2) good rebounder and has average defense IMO

3) will he fit in the lakers system and find his roll in time before the playoffs? not too worried about this though... I remember him doing what the coaches asked him to do on the USA team.

4) is he just a rental?

basically do we give up a big man who does what a big man is suppose to do, but has major health concerns...
for
a proven offensive beast/ all star

if it happens I will be excited and if it doesnt Im cool with it.

nd, people saying we shouldnt give up our size etc.... we play most of our games without Bynum. he doesnt even play at the end of games, are lineup is always Pau & Lamar

Stopped reading after this. We play MOST of our regular season games without Bynum...sure. But he played on ONE leg in last year's playoffs. We NEED that size and defense.

We don't need additional scoring...it helps no doubt, but at what cost? Our interior defense? Our rebounding? Our length? Not worth it.

Those Finals stats are the difference between winning and losing.

Originally Posted by AG 47

nd, people saying we shouldnt give up our size etc.... we play most of our games without Bynum. he doesnt even play at the end of games, are lineup is always Pau & Lamar

Stopped reading after this. We play MOST of our regular season games without Bynum...sure. But he played on ONE leg in last year's playoffs. We NEED that size and defense.

We don't need additional scoring...it helps no doubt, but at what cost? Our interior defense? Our rebounding? Our length? Not worth it.

not so sure, cause if not for kobe, how many players will take charge on offense? you saw the game against the celtics, where there were no real players stepping up on the lakers side..

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

AG 47 wrote:

not so sure, cause if not for kobe, how many players will take charge on offense? you saw the game against the celtics, where there were no real players stepping up on the lakers side..

When we play well, scoring is never a problem. When Gasol plays the way he's capable of, same with Odom and then Bynum can score. Shannon/Blake/Barnes when healthy can all shoot
and are decent scorers. Playoff form Fisher becomes a scoring threat at times as well. That's not including Kobe. What we saw with the Celtics were two evenly matched teams shooting poorly/playing really good defense.

I'm not saying adding Melo wouldn't help our offense. I'm just saying whoever we'll have to trade for him won't be worth it for our team. Sure, we could always use another scorer, but not
at the sacrifice of our length/defense/rebounding. Those are all critical to winning games also.

as good as everyone is saying and everyone will be whining in 3 years on how they could have got Carmelo years ago. All he will do is break down earlier as all big men eventually break down and be busted up. Carmelo would open up so much offensively for kobe and pau that it would be silly.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Heads up !

Kobe will be on the Mason & Ireland show today at 2PM on ESPN 710 LA. You can listen live here:

http://sports.espn.go.com...story?page=listenlive_la

Been looking forward to that this morning.  
Does anyone listen to Max Kellerman show, he had Jerry West on, and I've never heard Mr. West be so uncomfortable 

Max kept asking him if he would make "the trade" and West would respond, "I'm not answering that, I don't work there anymore". 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Heads up !

Kobe will be on the Mason & Ireland show today at 2PM on ESPN 710 LA. You can listen live here:

http://sports.espn.go.com...story?page=listenlive_la

Been looking forward to that this morning.  
Does anyone listen to Max Kellerman show, he had Jerry West on, and I've never heard Mr. West be so uncomfortable 

Max kept asking him if he would make "the trade" and West would respond, "I'm not answering that, I don't work there anymore". 
laugh.gif

Max Kellerman has no business & does not deserve his own sports talk radio show. Dude should know his place and stick to boxing commentating.

570AM was so much better when they were the home of the Lakers on the radio and before Jeanie Buss sold them out and got more money to go to ESPN radio.

ESPN radio stations in general SUCK **% !

ESPN just recently about 2 or 3 years got into the sports radio scene where they bought out a lot and took over local radio stations.

Back
Top Bottom