Official LAKERS VS ROCKETS GAME 1 - MONDAY 5/4 TNT

Again Fro B I'm not going to say the Lakers are going to win. The hell with that.
laugh.gif
. Nothing wrong with sticking with your team.
And to answer your question of course the Rockets can beat the Lakers, it's not like they're on some 90's Bulls/ 80' Lakers/ 80's Celtics/etc. steez.
This team isn't invincible. And maybe I'm blinded by being a homer but this team doesn't scare me. The Rocket's just have to play D, get theball to Yao,
hit the 3( which they are fully capable of), and control the tempo of the game. If they can do those things, I like their chances. But if the Lakers win thisseries
it won't surprise me, why should it. You have the most talented team in the league. What will surprise me is if the Lakers win this in 5. Which I doubt.

And
indifferent.gif
to tmoney. Really the Jazz better than the Rockets.C'mon man.

laugh.gif
at me, Franchise, and JO defending Houston to death in here. We gottastick together brethren.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Maybe this is why Portland seems to give the Lakers fits?

That they've constructed their team in the same mold as the Lakers?

Not as talented. Not as experienced. But still.

Look at who made it into the playoffs out West and point to the teams that are deep. Everybody will say Portland and LA.

Then you look at the teams, and they have a lot similarities. Explosive 2's, PF that has range, a long athletic 3, 7 footers manning the 5 spot, a deep bench, etc.

It's not really that off base.
No, it is.

Roy is up there with Kobe? Really?

LA is close to Pau? Really?

Oden and Pryz in a gym by themselves couldn't score more buckets the Bynum being defended. Gimme a break.

Outlaw and Ariza, that I can handle.

Sasha and Rudy shooting, sure, defending, hell no. Rudy ain't as pesky as Sasha. Or as flaming as Sasha either. (you're welcome KB8)

Blake ain't Fisher

Odom is to who on Portland? Channing Frye?

Just because they have a 7 foot center, a 6-10 power forward, a 6-6 2 guard, doesn't mean they're the same. It's ability as well, quit leavingthat out. They're not just filling the same size jersey's, they have to play too.

Are the Hornets an exact match of the Rockets? Big Center, quick little point guards, West = Scola, Posey = Artest??????

Sounds ridiclous doesn't it?

it sounds great on paper, artest/battier vs kobe and bynum vs yao as being almost neutral and thus rockets winning it, but in reality, artest and battierhavent been able to guard kobe in ages. give me a freaking break. this is getting out of hand, franchise is slowly starting to remind me of those espn writersthat say silly stuff just for shock value purposes but 99% of the time the things said dont withstand reality.

I was going to come in and rant after some of the ridiculous comments I've read, but CP has pretty much covered all the bases. LA=Portland ROFLCOPTER!!

Kobe is Jordan

Ariza is Pippen

Bynum is Cartwright

Odom is Kukoc cuz they're left handed

Gasol is Rodman

Fisher is Kerr

Phil is Phil

Cuz they're all the same relative size. We don't worry about the talent aspect, just the same size/styles.

So can I start a legit thread now that says Kobe = Mike?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Franchise, I get what you are saying as far as when the Blazers attack from player wise, but you left out the execution part of it, the talent levels, thecoaching, and jump shooting vs the triangle part, other then all that, they're exact.
laugh.gif

I am not going to argue this moot point anymore. Everyone knows the Lakers will win this series even the fans know deep down in their Rockets Sheet &comforter set loving hearts. There is nothing wrong with trying to win but there is a reason the Rockets are the 5 seed and that reason is they are not goodenough to be a 4 seed lol.

I would say good luck to all Rockets fans, but not even luck can take them that far. Better start channeling your Rudy T.

See you dudes are comparing talent level and who's better and whatnot. I'm not doing that.

Put yourself in a Rockets fan's shoes for one minute.

What changes defensively do you go about with the Lakers that you didn't with the Blazers? Game plan is still the same, albeit Odom is a big matchupproblem.

Yao is gonna go up against a 7 footer the whole series, whether it's Bynum, Pau, or a close to 7 footer in Odom. Either way he's in the paint. Samewith what the Blazers did. There's no 'small ball' to worry about.

Artest and Battier will have to try and keep up with Kobe, just like they did Roy.

Stuff like that. You guys are making it seem like what I'm saying is blasphemous. I'm not comparing squads.

I'm saying looks wise, it's not that different.

Compared with any other team out West, and yeah there's a difference.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Kobe is Jordan

Ariza is Pippen

Bynum is Cartwright

Odom is Kukoc cuz they're left handed

Gasol is Rodman Longley

Fisher is Kerr

Phil is Phil

Cuz they're all the same relative size. We don't worry about the talent aspect, just the same size/styles.

So can I start a legit thread now that says Kobe = Mike?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Franchise, I get what you are saying as far as when the Blazers attack from player wise, but you left out the execution part of it, the talent levels, the coaching, and jump shooting vs the triangle part, other then all that, they're exact.
laugh.gif
fixed......but i wish we had a rodman type player that would make us real nice

Rockets vs Mavericks, and we have to worry if our 4's are as fast as Dirk his 3 pt shot. We have to worry about Brooks getting backed in by Kidd in thepost.

Dampier gets in foul trouble, they bring in a smaller, quicker guy in Ryan Hollins to front Yao.

Rockets vs Nuggets, we have to worry about their up and down style. A Billups who can torch a young Aaron Brooks. Have to look out for JR Smith hoisting up3's.

Etc.

See you dudes are comparing talent level and who's better and whatnot. I'm not doing that.

What changes defensively do you go about with the Lakers that you didn't with the Blazers? Game plan is still the same, albeit Odom is a big matchup problem.

Yao is gonna go up against a 7 footer the whole series, whether it's Bynum, Pau, or a close to 7 footer in Odom. Either way he's in the paint. Same with what the Blazers did. There's no 'small ball' to worry about.

Artest and Battier will have to try and keep up with Kobe, just like they did Roy.

Stuff like that. You guys are making it seem like what I'm saying is blasphemous. I'm not comparing squads.

No, it is not.

Maybe you think the game plan is the same, but we execute a helluva lot different then the Blazers execute. So the Rockets have to adjust to that.

We aren't going to run pick and rolls from the top of the circle for 4 quarters.

We will for a stretch or two, sure, but not 48 minutes.

We'll shoot our jumpers, but only Roy went to the basket in that series, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, Bynum, hopefully Ariza, will ALL be headed toward the rim. (Fish too, but let's not go there.
laugh.gif
)

It will be different. I promise you this.

And for the record, I'm not jumping up and down "we'll win, we'll win, rockets suck" that's not what I'm doing, I'm justdefending that we are NOT the Blazers. Anyone who knows me knows I ain't lettin that go.

No f&^*%# way.
laugh.gif

Let Houston fans be optimistic.

Just let them guys.

We know it's over in no more than 6, heck I say 5 again.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

Looks wise.

I'm not saying they're the same team.

Lakers are better and have way more experience. A better coach too.

But Portland closely resembles the Lakers ON THE COURT.
laugh.gif
no they arent. do you even watch games? portland is strickly a jumpshooting team. they have no post presence. they arent good in transition. their half court offense consists of pick n rolls with roy. how did you come to the conclusion that theyre similar on the court?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Wow have not checked this thread since last night. Some of you Lakersfans are just full of it. No offense to those that actually know what you are talking about.

I expect a fun series
I just got my tickets for game 3.
smile.gif

I'm jealous
mad.gif
laugh.gif

What changes defensively do you go about with the Lakers that you didn't with the Blazers? Game plan is still the same, albeit Odom is a big matchup problem.

Yao is gonna go up against a 7 footer the whole series, whether it's Bynum, Pau, or a close to 7 footer in Odom. Either way he's in the paint. Same with what the Blazers did. There's no 'small ball' to worry about.

That is why the Rockets will lose

roll.gif
your replies are getting dumber and dumber. yup defensivegame plan doesnt change for houston except we have a different offense than portland. youd defend the portland pick n roll offense the same way youd defend thetriangle.

Lakers in 5 .

Yao each game in this series will run out of gas in the 4th.

Kobe "Stoppers" Shane Battier & Ron Ron are going to piss Kobe off and Kobe will light them up each game .

laugh.gif

Lets
Go
Lakers !

all right, it'll be different.

Just know it'll be different than the regular season and what you dudes went up against the Jazz as well.

Lakers execute differently than the Blazers no doubt, but the matchups are still there. Brooks can hang with DFish as he's not a penetrating point like howCP3 or a Billups or a Kidd is. Brooks can hang, just like how he did with Blake.

Yao doesn't have to worry about the Lakers going small ball on him, as there will always be a big on the court for the Lakers. Just like the Blazers did.

Artest and Battier will try to do what they can against Kobe. Just like they tried against Roy.

Scola doesn't have to worry about Pau shooting 3's, as he won't. Just like LA didn't. Unlike what Dirk can do though.

Have to watch out for Ariza as he's money from downtown. Just like Outlaw is. They don't post up, they may attack the rim, but the 3 pointer is theirshot.

Once Sasha comes in, bring in Lowry to put a body on him. Just like last series when the Blazers brought in Rudy.

Agree to disagree and maybe we're getting signals crossed or whatever, but I'll leave this topic alone.

Either way, I don't see how this series doesn't go at least 6. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

smile.gif
Where are you sitting? I couldn't find any decent seats for decent prices
tired.gif

And I can't wait for game 1. Just let them play the first game and we'll argue from there.

Originally Posted by blackxme

smile.gif
tired.gif

And I can't wait for game 1. Just let them play the first game and we'll argue from there.

Section 101. got it for 115 bucks.
pimp.gif

yea yao will actually have to play defense against his guy in this series with bynum and gasol actually being an offensive threat. he might not have to worryabout lakers going small but gasol is too quick for him and a mismatch for him on the defensive end similar to how boozer is against yao. not to mention kobesgoing to run pick n rolls like roy did with whoever man yao is guarding and we all saw how successful houston was defending that not only against portland butalso in previous games with the lakers.

not to mention what a complete mismatch odom is with any of your bigs.

Originally Posted by blackxme

smile.gif
tired.gif

Section 101. got it for 115 bucks.
pimp.gif
Son of a...
laugh.gif
But big ups to you my man. Hopefully I'llget some tickets.

Back
Top Bottom