Official LAKERS VS ROCKETS GAME 1 - MONDAY 5/4 TNT

Rox, excellent work, fellas.

Aaron Brooks... where'd this guy come from (Oregon, I know, but still)?

Artest, Battier, Yao, and Scola put in work.

Ron's hair

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Not sure if anyone said this because I havent read any of the thread, but the reason we lose is because kobe bryant is the ONLY player on the team who wants to win a championship.

Not one other player on that team wants to win. I said this when we got him and I'll say it again, when we traded for Pau, we should have traded for Ron Artest instead.

Im out, see you Wednesday.

yeah, taking jumpshot after jumpshot...the hole is always there...and his defense was awful

reporter: Yao did you feel coming into the game your team was an underdog?

Yao: hmmmmm............ underdog....... I just learned that word couple days ago

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Not sure if anyone said this because I havent read any of the thread, but the reason we lose is because kobe bryant is the ONLY player on the team who wants to win a championship.

Not one other player on that team wants to win. I said this when we got him and I'll say it again, when we traded for Pau, we should have traded for Ron Artest instead.

yeah, taking jumpshot after jumpshot...the hole is always there...and his defense was awful

If you have been watching, Kobe has played like that all season. (Not the defense part) but taking the jumpshot with a hand in his face instead of driving.

I've been in denial all season, and I'm hoping its because he is tired from playing for like 2 years straight, but he is not explosive at all thisyear...

A few things I noticed.

Kobe was the only Laker that wanted to work on the Offensive end, usually I complain about the Lakers Defense. Kudos to Rockets Defense

However they did get a little bit of help from the refs who made this game not reachable for the Lakers

The Lakers did not make open shots.

The Rockets hit all the shots they needed to.

I think it will take 3 more games like this for the Rockets to win and it's not going to happen.

Lakers cannot act like their fans/me and be so confident about a win that they forget to go out and WIN. That's our job as fans.

Rockets fans, god win, gonna take more than that to win the series, and yes I still think they don't stand a chance.

P.S.
Somebody call, email, twitter the refs and let them know that the Lakers were at home.
It's all good and on to game 2

I really don't understand what ya'll Lakers fans are crying about. We played far from perfect as well. The refs were equally bad on both sides so noargument there. The Rockets didn't play up to their potential just as the Lakers didn't.

Lakers had 15, read that FIFTEEN, more shot opportunities. Advantage to you guys even if you just hit 25% of those it's a closer game. Laker's had morerebounds, more offensive rebounds and from what I saw, they seemed to hustle more. The free throws were about even just until the end when they kept on foulingto keep it close, no argument there.

Typical Laker fans. Take it for what it is. We didn't play up to par either, ya'll had your chances, and I guess it's hard knowing that the Rocketsaren't gonna lie down and give you the series. Game 2 Wednesday. Get ready. Get RED.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

If you have been watching, Kobe has played like that all season. (Not the defense part) but taking the jumpshot with a hand in his face instead of driving.

I've been in denial all season, and I'm hoping its because he is tired from playing for like 2 years straight, but he is not explosive at all this year...
Are we talking about the man that everyone says is the best closer in the game today? The same man who was the only guard in last year's alldefensive first team? No... can't be.

I've been in denial all season, and I'm hoping its because he is tired from playing for like 2 years straight, but he is not explosive at all this year...
He still has one of the best first steps in the NBA. I myself thought he went to the rim more this season then last for those quick layupsfinishing with the off hand or short pull-up jumpers.
When he over dribbles or over pumpfakes then he just settles.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

He still has one of the best first steps in the NBA. I myself thought he went to the rim more this season then last for those quick layups finishing with the off hand or short pull-up jumpers.
When he over dribbles or over pumpfakes then he just settles.
denial for what?
he had one of his most efficient years offensively this year. I just laugh when people think they know better on how Kobe should play than he does.

Solid win for the Rockets, Lakers have no answer for Yao. Also, Bynum is not healthy, he's still not able to put maximum pressure on that leg yet asevidenced when he couldn't get position on Chuck Hayes whose about 9 inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter. Or maybe Bynum is just weak, I think it'sthe former. Lakers need to shut him down and stop looking ahead to the finals.

The Lakers main problem is not guarding Yao. They can go single coverage and let him get his. Brooks is the one that the Lakers need to contain. Hispenetration and dishes out for open shots are killer.

Back
Top Bottom