Official Lakers vs. Spurs 5/27 Game 4 9:00 ET on TNT

laugh.gif
at the silence between questions with the pop interview.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

Please, tell me this, WHY do you have to SELL a foul call that was CLEARLY a foul? That wasn't even questionable, it wasnt a flop, Barry didnt cause the contact, Fisher got faked out by a ball fake, and jumped into Barry. Thats a foul, when a defensive player makes contact being faked out. Why you think offensive players use the ball fake? Its either a foul or not. Saying that Barry didnt sell it the foul is completely ******ed.

ANSWER THIS QUESTION: WAS IT A FOUL OR NOT? NO IF, ANDS, BUTS. ITS A YES OR NO QUESTION. AND YES, THAT WAS CLEARLY A FOUL
I 1000000 percent agree. But hey, dudes have on yellow-tinted glasses and just won't call it like it is. I could give two %#!+@ what Barkley orReggie or anyone else has to say. THAT WAS A FOUL. Come on now. Since when do you pump fake, someone falls for your pump, yet you don't get the call? Youhave to SELL it?
indifferent.gif

If anything, say that you're glad the refs didn't call that particular foul in the closing seconds of a tight game. But I think most of you areinsulting a lot of people's intelligence by saying that it was NOT a foul.

And for the record, I don't believe in conspiracy theories in the NBA. But it was pretty dumb to have Crawford ref this game. Why not put him in the ECFinstead?

Originally Posted by tupac003

All I know is....

Skip bayless is going to have a COW tomorrow.

Skip loves the spurs and I can't wait to see how PO'ed he is tomorrow.

roll.gif

I hate the Spurs but right now I gotta give them props for being so classy about this.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Chauncey Billups won a game the exact same way for the Pistons earlier this year.

It's was a foul, it would have been a soft foul but still a foul.

Exactly-that was a Celtics/Pistons game I remember.

I mean, I don't care whether it's called or not, but the point is, they have to be consistent. Either call it ALL the time or NEVER call it.

The Lakers definitely got kinda lucky but Horry should be taking that shot.

False.

Chauncey jumped INTO Cassell Tony Allen and forced the refs to make the call....Barry tried to avoid the contact like a big dummy
There ya go.

Regardless, Barry moved away from the contact. If he didn't take that extra dribble... free throws. It would have been two free throws though, or shouldhave been if that foul was called (He wasn't even in the act of shooting).

The things that irks me is the Lakers always have these type of calls at end of game situations go in THEIR favor.

Therefore, I KNOW for a FACT that if Kobe was in that SAME position as Barry, and DIDNT get that foul call, this forum and every Laker fans would be goingcrazy.

No Spurs player/coach will admit that was a foul, because they are a no excuse team. Y'all should know that by now.

1. Kobe's shot-clock violation was not a violation. It hit the rim. Shot-clocked should of reset, they scarmble for the ball, who knows if they had enoughtime to get off a shot after they call a time-out.

2. Odom had a CLEAN block on Parker. That was no goal tend.

3. Even Pop says if he was the ref, he will not call that.

4. Lets go to the finals baby.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Like I have said it was a foul.

But I really believe some of yall are going to far by posting pic's of stern and blaming joey...

And whats really funny its the same cats who really don't like the lakers or don't like laker fans.

All I can say is its not our fault that the foul was not called. I can't change what happend so there is no reason to jump on us because we got lucky.
Co-sign 100%...
The Spurs should not have let it come down to that though; they missed a lot of shots in the 4th.
At the same time, the Lakers should not have let it come down to the final possession as well. Bad execution in the final minute.

Good game, I think it was a foul; but because other players would get fouls in that situation, that's why I don't like the call. the NBA needsconsistency in their officiating more than anything, and clearly they don't have anything close to it. It sucks to have a game end with controversy likethis because it was a real good game.

In any case, I still don't understand why Pop didn't have Horry taking that shot. I mean, that's what he's done his WHOLE career...and hisgreatest strength by far. I would not bet against him taking a final shot.

One more thing.

What about Ginobli's foot over the line?
What about Pop and Barry admitting they wouldn't have called it either?
What about Fisher's shot hitting the rim?

I still don't understand how people can call conspiracies.
If Stern REALLY fixed the NBA, I will never figure out how a NY team didn't get a top 5 pick.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

Please, tell me this, WHY do you have to SELL a foul call that was CLEARLY a foul? That wasn't even questionable, it wasnt a flop, Barry didnt cause the contact, Fisher got faked out by a ball fake, and jumped into Barry. Thats a foul, when a defensive player makes contact being faked out. Why you think offensive players use the ball fake? Its either a foul or not. Saying that Barry didnt sell it the foul is completely ******ed.

ANSWER THIS QUESTION: WAS IT A FOUL OR NOT? NO IF, ANDS, BUTS. ITS A YES OR NO QUESTION. AND YES, THAT WAS CLEARLY A FOUL
I 1000000 percent agree. But hey, dudes have on yellow-tinted glasses and just won't call it like it is. I could give two %#!+@ what Barkley or Reggie or anyone else has to say. THAT WAS A FOUL. Come on now. Since when do you pump fake, someone falls for your pump, yet you don't get the call? You have to SELL it?
indifferent.gif

If anything, say that you're glad the refs didn't call that particular foul in the closing seconds of a tight game. But I think most of you are insulting a lot of people's intelligence by saying that it was NOT a foul.

And for the record, I don't believe in conspiracy theories in the NBA. But it was pretty dumb to have Crawford ref this game. Why not put him in the ECF instead?

you guys dont have to think so hard, fish shot should have reset the clock the previous play....Lakers with 24 on the clock with 6 secs.

end case.
everything balances out

POP... THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS COACH... JUST SAID...

... WORD FOR WORD...

"IF I WERE A REF, I WOULD NOT MAKE THAT CALL."

Have some.
smokin.gif

Reggie agrees a foul shouldn't have been called.

Chuck agrees a foul shouldn't have been called.

THE SPURS' COACH AGREES A FOUL SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CALLED.

Have some.
smokin.gif

Oh, here (so you don't have to type it up; you can just copy and paste
smile.gif
):

Of course Pop is going to say that. He doesn't want to be fined for dogging the refs.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

laugh.gif
@people saying Odom blocked Parker's layup when it obviously hit the glass first on the replay.
laugh.gif
@ the ref's saying fishers shot didn't hit the rim whenit obviously did.

It goes back and forth.

Phil called it. The Lakers should have had a fresh 24 after Derek Fisher's shot. So the game shouldn't have even come down to that last play that atworst would have sent the game to overtime.

The last play is a non-issue. Lakers outplayed the Spurs for about 47 minutes. The Spurs didn't deserve to win. The basketball gods saw to it that the bestteam won tonite.

I actually think the Spurs will find a way to steal Game 5 and lose in Game 6 at home. Just a hunch.

regardless of barry moved out of the way, it was a foul but they werent going to call it

Originally Posted by SA AMG

1. Kobe's shot-clock violation was not a violation. It hit the rim. Shot-clocked should of reset, they scarmble for the ball, who knows if they had enough time to get off a shot after they call a time-out.

2. Odom had a CLEAN block on Parker. That was no goal tend.

3. Even Pop says if he was the ref, he will not call that.

4. Lets go to the finals baby.

5. Duncan traveled

6. Manu didn't hit a 3 his foot was on the line.

That has to be the dumbest %%%+$$ foul I've ever seen someone commit. Your team is up by 2 and you foul a guy with 1 second left while he's shootingnear half court.

Fisher is a +@%$@$@ idiot

Laker fans are admitting it was a foul.

You can say he SHOULD have sold it better and he should have.

The Lakers and their fans should feel no shame in this win because they deserved to win but it was a foul.

Its amazing how many suspect calls the refs made (or didn't make) in favor of the Spurs, YET some are focusing on a single play that ended the game.
laugh.gif

Saw it coming a mile away.

Back
Top Bottom