Official Lakers vs. Spurs 5/27 Game 4 9:00 ET on TNT

SoHi 23 wrote:
One more thing.

What about Ginobli's foot over the line?
What about Pop and Barry admitting they wouldn't have called it either?
What about Fisher's shot hitting the rim?

I still don't understand how people can call conspiracies.
If Stern REALLY fixed the NBA, I will never figure out how a NY team didn't get a top 5 pick.

I noticed that too on live action. I think it should have been a 2 but I need replay.

It should have never come down to that but...we got the job done. Officiating was bad throughout the game, so everything cancels out imo.

LO
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Sriracha Hot Sauce:
Please, tell me this, WHY do you have to SELL a foul call that was CLEARLY a foul? That wasn't even questionable, it wasnt a flop, Barry didnt cause the contact, Fisher got faked out by a ball fake, and jumped into Barry. Thats a foul, when a defensive player makes contact being faked out. Why you think offensive players use the ball fake? Its either a foul or not. Saying that Barry didnt sell it the foul is completely ******ed.

ANSWER THIS QUESTION: WAS IT A FOUL OR NOT? NO IF, ANDS, BUTS. ITS A YES OR NO QUESTION. AND YES, THAT WAS CLEARLY A FOUL
SHUGES:
I 1000000 percent agree. But hey, dudes have on yellow-tinted glasses and just won't call it like it is. I could give two %#!+@ what Barkley or Reggie or anyone else has to say. THAT WAS A FOUL. Come on now. Since when do you pump fake, someone falls for your pump, yet you don't get the call? You have to SELL it?
indifferent.gif

If anything, say that you're glad the refs didn't call that particular foul in the closing seconds of a tight game. But I think most of you are insulting a lot of people's intelligence by saying that it was NOT a foul.

And for the record, I don't believe in conspiracy theories in the NBA. But it was pretty dumb to have Crawford ref this game. Why not put him in the ECF instead?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ co-signing the opinion of some random NTer that you don't even know, but disregarding the opinions of two HALL OF FAMERS

Keep hating my squad, bro.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like I said...
... Kobe: zero free throws. I'm sure you're good with that.
... Pop said he wouldn't call that a foul. (Oh that's right, you don't care what anyone says... UNLESS it's some random NTer who happens to agree with your anti-Laker opinion. THEN you care what someone esle says, and you co-sign 1000 percent.
laugh.gif
)
... Brent Barry said he wouldn't call that a foul.
... THAT CALL SHOULD NEVER, EVER, EVER BE MADE, IN ANY GAME, AT ANY TIME, EVER. You can't jump into your defender's space and have it be a foul. If the defender jumps into your space, that's a foul. IF YOU HAVE TO MOVE FROM YOUR SOT AND GO SIDEWAYS OR FORWARDS OR DIAGONAL OR BACKWARDS IN ORDER TO CREATE CONTACT, IT SHOULD NEVER BE CALLED A FOUL. EVER. You are allowed YOUR IMMEDIATE POSITION, not the position of all airspace around you.
roll.gif

I agree that foul shouldn't be called but based on how much it gets called you gotta to be consistent. I hated when Chanucey won that game like that, Iactually respect players that actually try to make the shot instead jumping into a defender and getting bailed out.

The Spurs should be mad at Manu more than anybody though.

even duncan just said they dont ever call that foul....

laugh.gif
@ the usual suspects crying in here...

i see you shuges
laugh.gif

sneakapro word to kidd!
laugh.gif

arent ya glad you a laker fan now?

Crawford has did like 2 spur playoff games already and it has been fine. no reason to +!%+# now seening how he had NOTHING to do with the outcome

Originally Posted by mikejs210

Spurs shouldn't have allowed themselves to be put in a position where they're depending on the refs to make a call. I say it was a foul, but they lost because of other reasons. Manu played horrible, but if he had like 2 more field goals, they could have won the game. Kobe is a beast, I look forward to see him tear it up in the Finals.

I totally agree. Much respect for this coming from a Spurs fan.
smokin.gif

I also think its a foul but the Spurs shouldn't have relied on getting a foul called in the waning seconds of the game. As Lakers fan, I'm just gladthat the team got lucky and won.
tongue.gif
That last Spurs run in the finalminute almost gave me a heart attack... I thought the Spurs are gonna have an upset.
laugh.gif
Hopefully the Lakers can close out the series in game 5.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Chauncey Billups won a game the exact same way for the Pistons earlier this year.

It's was a foul, it would have been a soft foul but still a foul.

Exactly-that was a Celtics/Pistons game I remember.

I mean, I don't care whether it's called or not, but the point is, they have to be consistent. Either call it ALL the time or NEVER call it.

The Lakers definitely got kinda lucky but Horry should be taking that shot.

False.

Chauncey jumped INTO Cassell Tony Allen and forced the refs to make the call....Barry tried to avoid the contact like a +#@%*+% idiot
There ya go.

Regardless, Barry moved away from the contact. If he didn't take that extra dribble... free throws. It would have been two free throws though, or should have been if that foul was called (He wasn't even in the act of shooting).

Seriously. Dirk does that %#+! all the time and it irks the %#+! outta me. He'd rather fadeaway and miss than get easy freethrows.

IF YOU HAVE YOUR MAN IN THE AIR YOU JUMP INTO HIM, PERIOD. HOW +#@%*+% STUPID CAN YOU BE. HE COULD'VE GOT THREE FREE THROWS AND ENDED THEGAME.

And all yall saying it wasn't a goaltend it doesn't matter. Odom fouled Parker anyway.

man, I haven't seen Kobe react that way after a post game interview in a while...he knows his team dodged a bullet with his mistake.

PROPS TO LO for hitting his fts late in the game again.

well Manu on 1 days rest just aint as good, esp if he's injured.

great game, but kobe gotta stop jacking it up in the 4th. he went from 9-15 to 14-29 shooting (5-14).

Originally Posted by NobleKane

even duncan just said they dont ever call that foul....

laugh.gif
@ the usual suspects crying in here...

i see you shuges
laugh.gif

sneakapro word to kidd!
laugh.gif

I'm still trying to figure out how a conspiracy theorist like yourself comes out the woodwork talking about people complaining. I mean seriously lookat your sig
laugh.gif

its over fish hit rim, Lamar got that block before it hit the backboard karma worked it out!
lakers in 5 just like I prediced.....

Oh yeah and FIRST TAKE is A MUST SEE TOMORROW!!! SKIP is gonna be
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

very good win by the lakers, almost everything went against them to not win the game except for the final play which could kinda go either way.....
be honest, how bad was the officiating in favor of the spurs all game, like parker had an and 1 over farmar and farmar straight up didnt touch tony atall........and you know its bad when kobe has not attempted a free throw IN THE LAST TWO DAMN GAMES!!!

laugh.gif

You funny ska.

But anyway, I'ma go the Rasheed Wallace/Mister P route....

Both teams played hard.

dont even try to argue with the mod. Hes never wrong. I'll admit that the shot clock should've been reset on the Fish miss, but at the same time, istill believe it was a foul. How are u going to land on someone and not get it called? Ska has said it more than once that Pop & Brent said it wasnt afoul, but again, I dont see him admitting that Phil Jackson said it WAS. Theres no sense if the Spurs complaining about the foul, cuz it basically can lead toa fine, for talking about the refs. The Lakers shouldnt have let the Spurs come back, but it happened. I can accept the loss, but it does make it worse thatCrawford is there.

Originally Posted by copped

lol are you guys really that naive? you dont think pop went into the locker room and told everyone not to say a word about the call and say it was the right one?

give me a break, it was a foul, call it, it wasn't in the act of shooting, and thats clear, 2 free throws and go to overtime... the refs wouldnt have had to decide the game there....OVERTIME and lakers mistakes would have...

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

free promotion for nike AGAIN

too bad that's the only promotion he'll get. Nike is
smh.gif
smh.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
for not giving Kobe ANY commercials AT ALL!

first off, Spurs went out with class.
laugh.gif
POP looked like he was biting his tongue whenhe was talking about the no-call in the press conference. the Lakers won, but c'mon, it was without a doubt a FOUL. it wasn't one of those grazed foultouches like Sasha got when he was fouled earlier in the game for a 4pt play. Fisher had his whole arm on top of Barry's head coming down. we all know whythe TNT crew and ESPN crew is defending the league and the integrity of the game. I have no problem if the Spurs fans want to vent and argue the call.

And all yall saying it wasn't a goaltend it doesn't matter. Odom fouled Parker anyway.
i would like to request a gif of this play, because i am 100% confident odom did not touch parker, he was trailing on the play and got up andblocked the ball and parker was out of the picture, unfouled

Back
Top Bottom