Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Put em up

Anybody saying this was a b move, clearly doesn't understand how important winning is. You people are the same ones who are ok with losing.

If it's about winning, then he would've have and SHOULD HAVE went to Chicago. He goes to Miami, a team that has to scramble to put players around this three. Dwayne Wade is great no doubt. Chris Bosh is VERY overrated. Give me Carlos Boozer or Amar'e anyday. It was wack because he made this hour-long spectacle to spit in this teams face. Given all that Cleveland sports teams have been through, this was sad to diss a team on NATIONAL TELEVISION so for just the execution of his "descision", that was wack. So for that move, he shouldn't be mentioned with Jordan, Kobe, Magic, or Bird, they stuck it out during the rough times. Lebron James..not so much. They have to win at least 3 for this not to be a bust.

I don't follow basketball at all really, but I've been following this as much as the next person has, and this is my take on it.

-Going to New York would mean he was going for the fame and money.
-Staying in Cleveland would mean he really wants to try and win it for the fans of Cleveland, and just couldn't let them down by leaving.
-Going to Miami (which he has obviously done so) means he truly wants to win a championship, and then some.

From what I know, Miami is clearly the best option for him at the time being. Go for it LeBron, you're truly one a kind.

he couldve took the kobe route and stuck it out and tried winning one on his own. i remember the whole kobe fiasco when he was a free agent after losing badly in the 1st round of the playoffs to stickin it out and signing to stay with the lakers and then challenged the front office to make moves and they did....gettin gasol and other pieces

Not Surprised, As son as Wade and Bosh said that they are going to Miami, It's Final He's going to follow...
But In my opinion this is a BAD DECISION for him, Miami is Wade's Team, No Matter how they say it, You say it, Miami will still and always be D.Wade's Team!!

-If he was going to leave Cleveland he shouldn't have made this "TV Special", We know you gave your talent to play in Cleveland but you got rich and got the World at the palm of your hands.
-I think everybody knows that for the next 2 years LAL and Boston will win the Championship both team have solid nucleus and great coaches.
-EGO and Jealousy, my fellow NTers that's what will kill this team, All 3 are still in the Prime of their Careers, and please forget about "Money is no problem" If that's the case All 3 can play for a $1 salary!!.
-Injuries, how sure are they that this will not happen.
-Miami is NOT Cleveland LeBron, when you LOOSE it's gonna be all over ESPN and shown Worldwide, All 3 should have no excuses to LOOSE right?

Lastly, I don't hate LeBron, I'm a Kobe fan and from Chicago, Just like they said "Star Players" don't leave and ditch Teams like these TV Special, Free Agency Tour, Media Circus, Speculations every Hour, and for What? just like LeBron said he knows his Basketball History, then he should know Championship Teams aren't born overnight it takes commitment and sacrifice to win, are they willing to do that? Forget about their STATISTICS at the PRIME of their CAREERS? 

It could have benn more appropriate for a TV Special if you're staying in Cleveland.

Good Luck in Miami LeBron I wish you win, just to prove us wrong..

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the white boy at the bar in Ohio on CNN who stuck his fingers up and clearly yelled ''@+$@ U LEBRON!!!!''

They cut away with the quickness
laugh.gif

link to this or gif please

Not Surprised, As son as Wade and Bosh said that they are going to Miami, It's Final He's going to follow...
But In my opinion this is a BAD DECISION for him, Miami is Wade's Team, No Matter how they say it, You say it, Miami will still and always be D.Wade's Team!!

-If he was going to leave Cleveland he shouldn't have made this "TV Special", We know you gave your talent to play in Cleveland but you got rich and got the World at the palm of your hands.
-I think everybody knows that for the next 2 years LAL and Boston will win the Championship both team have solid nucleus and great coaches.
-EGO and Jealousy, my fellow NTers that's what will kill this team, All 3 are still in the Prime of their Careers, and please forget about "Money is no problem" If that's the case All 3 can play for a $1 salary!!.
-Miami is NOT Cleveland LeBron, when you LOOSE it's gonna be all over ESPN and shown Worldwide, All 3 should have no excuses to LOOSE right?

Lastly, I don't hate LeBron, I'm a Kobe fan and from Chicago, Just like they said "Star Players" don't leave and ditch Teams like these TV Special, Free Agency Tour, Media Circus, Speculations every Hour, and for What? just like LeBron said he knows his Basketball History, then he should know Championship Teams aren't born overnight it takes commitment and sacrifice to win, are they willing to do that? Forget about their STATISTICS at the PRIME of their CAREERS? 

It could have benn more appropriate for a TV Special if you're staying in Cleveland.

Ya already know Kobe is chilling...Getting ready to slay the Big 3 and send off Phil with the greatest championship of his career.

Do yall think he left because of the rumor of one of his teammates sleeping with his mother? Has anybody else heard that?? BTW yuku runnin slow so i cant go back many pages... Dont judge me...

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert
Print RSS Cavs Insider Discuss
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

dan_signature.gif

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

Are Shaq and DWade still cool? I could definitely see Shaq going back to Miami and taking Vet's minimum.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

The burning of his jersey got me thinking... I really don't think Cleveland should boo him right away when he comes back. When they announce his name, he deserves a standing ovation. Yea he left, but he did a lot for that city in those 7 years he was there. I mean, who were the Cav before the '03 draft?
nerd.gif
Boo'ing during the game is fine once competition starts though (as mostly all teams do).

grin.gif

and thats as a knicks fan. nobody in cle is tryna hear that.

He didn't need the special. Sources already had him going to the Heat. Yet he still needed the special. However, I think LeBron changes his mind tomorrow morning, nothing is official until he signs.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

dan_signature.gif

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

Kobe is hated for winning and being that damn good as a professional basketball player. Yet, he is a global icon. i.e. Beijing Olympics, Lebron will be hated for what he did to Cleveland. Never mind how great of a basketball player he is. What went down tonight, will follow him forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom