Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bijald0331

Somebody put the new Hollinger article up please...this thread needs to jump another 10 pages quick.

http://insider.espn.go.co...mmate_rankings_hollinger

[h1]Hollinger: Bosh Is Best Partner For LeBron This Summer[/h1]
May 17, 2010 5:36 PM EST

Bosh_Chris_tor.jpg
Stats guru John Hollinger of ESPN applies a range of criteria for analyzing who would be the ideal sidekick for LeBron James among the other free-agents and players on teams that have enough cap room to sign James.

Chris Bosh ranked the best teammate for James, followed by Dirk Nowitzki, David Lee, Amar'e Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer. Derrick Rose ranks eighth on Hollinger's list and Dwyane Wade ranks ninth.

Hollinger calls Bosh "the perfect companion" and says Lee is "near perfect," though he notes that neither Lee nor Boozer is adequate defensively.

Knicks, Cavs Remain LeBron's Best Bets
Authored by Louis Roxin - May 17, 2010 - 11:43 am
James_LeBron_cle_091220.jpg

Like the success ESPN’s Bill Simmons had orchestrating Celtics’ fans to serenade LeBron James with chants of “New-York-Knicks,

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by S4L3

I'mma Cavs fan first and foremost. I was before LeBron and will beafter LeBron.
LOL. Yeah right...

Sir, I dwelled in the upper deck of Richfield Coliseum. Price Daugherty Nance Hot Rod Wilkens Ehlo....From '91 on

You were a fan of Ehlo... 
Now I know I can't believe anything you say!

laugh.gif

My guess at a deal: Jamison, Mo, JJ, Eyenga and future 1st for Bosh and Calderon...

I don't know so much if Toronto is going to want much to do with Jamison. High dollar contract and old. Not the most attractive piece for a rebuilding team. Might have to toss something else in there to sweeten the deal, or get a third team involved.

Really, it comes 100% down to recruiting Bosh. Chris will make the final decision. It's not up to the Raptors, it really just means that the Raptors are willing to scavenge the other team for whatever parts they can get. It's not like a regular season trade where Toronto can say "Well, it'd be great to trade you to Miami, but Cleveland's offering a better package." If Bosh doesn't wanna come here, it won't happen. If he does, it probably will.

waiting....

At least you recognize that Toronto will want nothing to do with Jamison and his terrible contract.  If only we can get half the Chicago fans to stop thinking the Raps are taking Deng and his awful contract.

Chris Bosh: Sources who spent time this month with Chris Bosh on the West Coast say Bosh has decided that he will not be returning to Toronto.

That's not necessarily a shock, but the fact Bosh is not even willing to listen to Toronto's plan says volumes about where things ended in Toronto.

Raptors' sources confirmed last week they doubted Bosh returned either.

It seems both sides are at peace with the break up and are ready to move on.

Sources near the situation say Toronto is still likely going to get assets in return for Bosh and with Miami having such interest they could package a Michael Beasley in a deal and reduce Toronto's costs, while giving them a very similar player - Michael Beasley is listed as a 6-10 235 pound forward versus Chris Bosh, at 6-10 245 pounds. Bosh measured in at the NBA Draft Combine in 2003 at 6' 10.25"... Beasley at 6' 7" two years ago... without shoes. Both are face up forwards, that are offensive minded.

The Houston Rockets are said to have Bosh at the top of their board, and with so many inexpensive pieces, Houston could be interesting. The one thing Houston cannot offer is a deal that seriously reduces Toronto's luxury tax exposure, which teams under the cap like Miami, New York or Chicago can.

Bosh is truly the first major name in this free agent class to be truly available, it will be interesting to see how much interest there is league-wide in Bosh, especially when teams can start talking with him in July.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz0oDajb5OT
My guess at a deal: Jamison, Mo, JJ, Eyenga and future 1st for Bosh and Calderon...

I don't know so much if Toronto is going to want much to do with Jamison. High dollar contract and old. Not the most attractive piece for a rebuilding team. Might have to toss something else in there to sweeten the deal, or get a third team involved.

Really, it comes 100% down to recruiting Bosh. Chris will make the final decision. It's not up to the Raptors, it really just means that the Raptors are willing to scavenge the other team for whatever parts they can get. It's not like a regular season trade where Toronto can say "Well, it'd be great to trade you to Miami, but Cleveland's offering a better package." If Bosh doesn't wanna come here, it won't happen. If he does, it probably will.

waiting....

roll.gif
roll.gif

nobody is going to read that YEEUP

but it's better written than most of the stuff you see in the mainstream media. he makes great points.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

David Lee and Wilson Chandler for Chris Bosh... make it happen Donnie
To tell you the truth, that's a good trade for Toronto, if they replace Bosh with Lee, they won't lose much of a step, then they get a SG which they needed for some time now

Bargnani-Lee-Turkoglu-Chandler-Calderon

Bench - Jack-Derozan ...etc

why the hell would trade chandler when we can just sign bosh straight up if he wants to sign here
laugh.gif

+%+% would be a straight up donation, use chandler if you have to package fat $#$* eddy curry's expiring in a deal for a legit third option.

yea you're right.. forgot that's our advantage..

I wonder what S&T Lee+ $11.2M expiring can get us...hmmmmm

I find it funny that it's really LeBron's FAULT that the Cavs aren't in a position to retain him. His 3 year contract threats handicapped the Cavs from growing from within and drafting longterm talent. Hence the aging roster we have. We constantly searched for short term solutions and now we're screwed.

Now he's going to leave the mess he helped create.

LeBron is ALL ABOUT LEBRON.

Screw him for ******ing our franchise and quitting on the team vs. BOS. This team did EVERYTHING for him. His lack of commitment didn't allow us to land long-term solutions or draft key players.

PREACH.

How dare LeBron walk into the storied franchise that is the Cleveland Cavaliers and completely cripple their proven formula for unparalleled success as a top-tier sports organization.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

why the hell would trade chandler when we can just sign bosh straight up if he wants to sign here
laugh.gif

+%+% would be a straight up donation, use chandler if you have to package fat $#$* eddy curry's expiring in a deal for a legit third option.
I thought that Bosh intended to take part in a sign-and-trade deal if he left as a sort of last favor, so that he wouldn't be screwing over the Raptors. But I don't know how reliable a that info was, and he could easily change his mind and bolt for a team that can pay him straight up (i.e. the Knicks).
But if Bosh was willing to take part in a sign-and-trade for the Raptors, the Knicks would probably have to sign-and-trade Lee and throw in someone like Chandler or Douglas.

So the Knicks can sign two max deals, or one max deal and sign-and-trade Lee.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

yea you're right.. forgot that's our advantage..

I wonder what S&T Lee+ $11.2M expiring can get us...hmmmmm
got a point their. i totally forgot about curry's expiring

I find it funny that it's really LeBron's FAULT that the Cavs aren't in a position to retain him. His 3 year contract threats handicapped the Cavs from growing from within and drafting longterm talent. Hence the aging roster we have. We constantly searched for short term solutions and now we're screwed.

Screw him for ******ing our franchise and quitting on the team vs. BOS. This team did EVERYTHING for him. His lack of commitment didn't allow us to land long-term solutions or draft key players.

On point. That 3 year deal crap was a crock back when "they" signed the contracts. If Bron was FULLY about Cleveland, He would have signed the long term or will resign and see this out.

The have screwed up with contracts and that's their fault for building for a few years vs 5+ years. NEVER bank on 1 player.

Hopefully He stays though, along with Wade in Miami.

I think it's: 40% Cle, 30% NYK, and 30% Chi-town. Everybody other team and city can shut the %!%% up now. He ain't goin to no sour !+% Mavs or tired !+% clippers..

i cant believe chicago became a probable destination for lebron.... not a fan of chi town
grin.gif

Sir, I dwelled in the upper deck of Richfield Coliseum. Price Daugherty Nance Hot Rod Wilkens Ehlo....From '91 on
Sure, of course. You were all about the Cavs back in the day. Lived and died Ehlo and company well before that ping pong dropped back in '03.

Of course....

Why even argue with them man? $+*! is pointless. Praise everything they do and then after everything fails you wanna start pointing fingers when the entire leagues fanbase was telling you how blind you were.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by Al3xis

No Cavs fans wanted to admit the fact the Cavs were never built for the long haul back when the 2010 rumors started. Ferry would make something of Wally's contract, they'd do something positive with Z's contract, the list goes on.

Now LeBron tied their hands. Right.

For example, Durant in three seasons has endeared himself more to the OKC fanbase than LeBron has ever done here, and they've sucked two of his three years there.
WHAT ?

laugh.gif
that's comical....

were you singing that tune 3 weeks ago about Lebron?  

I'd never 2nd guess OC's homerism, but I find it hilarious that he (and the rest of the city of Cleveland) basically kissed Lebron's %## for the past 7 years, and now they're disgusted and ready to see dude move on.  If he re-signs and the Cavs have the best record in the NBA in the 2010-11 season, we'll be hearing more of the same BS from MANY in the Cleveland fanbase with thier false sense of entitlement amongst other things. 

If he re-signs and the Cavs have the best record in the NBA in the 2010-11 season, we'll be hearing more of the same BS from MANY in the Cleveland fanbase with thier false sense of entitlement amongst other things. 
bingo!

Originally Posted by RKO2004

On point. That 3 year deal crap was a crock back when "they" signed the contracts. If Bron was FULLY about Cleveland, He would have signed the long term or will resign and see this out.
Why would he sign a longer term deal?  Why let management be complacent? Three year deal meant Cleveland would constantly be active in making a better team.  Also, when Bron signed for three years others followed suit.  You don't think a short term deal was smart?

2006-2007 Cavaliers

[table][tr][th=""]Pos.[/th][th=""]Starter[/th][th=""]Bench[/th][th=""]Reserve[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]C[/th][td]Žydrūnas Ilgauskas[/td][td]Anderson Varejão[/td][td]Scot Pollard[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]PF[/th][td]Drew Gooden[/td][td]Donyell Marshall[/td][td]Dwayne Jones[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]SF[/th][td]LeBron James[/td][td]Ira Newble[/td][td]David Wesley (PG)[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]SG[/th][td]Sasha Pavlović[/td][td]Daniel Gibson[/td][td]Shannon Brown[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]PG[/th][td]Larry Hughes[/td][td]Damon Jones[/td][td]Eric Snow
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Why would he sign a longer term deal?  Why let management be complacent? Three year deal meant Cleveland would constantly be active in making a better team.  Also, when Bron signed for three years others followed suit.  You don't think a short term deal was smart?

2006-2007 Cavaliers

[table][tr][th=""]Pos.[/th][th=""]Starter[/th][th=""]Bench[/th][th=""]Reserve[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]C[/th][td]Žydrūnas Ilgauskas[/td][td]Anderson Varejão[/td][td]Scot Pollard[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]PF[/th][td]Drew Gooden[/td][td]Donyell Marshall[/td][td]Dwayne Jones[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]SF[/th][td]LeBron James[/td][td]Ira Newble[/td][td]David Wesley (PG)[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]SG[/th][td]Sasha Pavlović[/td][td]Daniel Gibson[/td][td]Shannon Brown[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]PG[/th][td]Larry Hughes[/td][td]Damon Jones[/td][td]Eric Snow
[/td][/tr][/table]

That team was crap on sliced bread, so I can see the 3 year deal. But I still think He should resign depending on their future plans, not what can make the biggest bang for Lebron.

If Lebron thinks New York is for him, fine so be it. But IMO if He leaves, then He's not about loyalty. Well to Cleveland at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom