Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will never understand how a person who:

* consistently said he's from Akron, not CLE would be loyal to the cavs

*rooted for the yankees, bulls, and cowboys would ever be considered loyal to CLE

*literally wrote "new york" on his sneakers in a real NBA game that wasn't even against the knicks, would be considered loyal to CLE

* strung all of the cavs fans along for 2 or 3 years about the upcoming free agency. cheeesing every time it was mentioned. would ever be considered loyal to CLE or it's fans.

*said recently "this is a business. this isn't high school basketball anymore" would be considered loyal to CLE

90% of cavs fans were/are BLIND

loyalty is wat killed kg's career.....keep on wit that loyalty mess.....sports is a business....owners profit of off tv deals even if they dont sell one the ticket the entire season. these cats is multi-BILLIONAIRES .....you think Lebron cares about loyalty....

ask ronaldo,kaka,tex,cc,burnett,boozer etc. about loyalty

loyalty is wat killed kg's career.....keep on wit that loyalty mess.....sports is a business....owners profit of off tv deals even if they dont sell one the ticket the entire season. these cats is multi-BILLIONAIRES .....you think Lebron cares about loyalty....

ask  ronaldo,kaka,tex,cc,burnett,boozer etc. about loyalty
indifferent.gif

Wow, that dude Outacontrol Music has to be one of the biggest babies I ever seen. Good lord.

Cavs fans are not resorting to blaming LeBron now? Sad.

[h1]LeBron Reaches Out To Eddy Curry[/h1]May 18, 2010 8:26 AM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
LeBron James has reached out to Knicks center Eddy Curry about working out together at some point during the offseason, according to a source.

James and Curry are both represented by agent Leon Rose and also have close ties to NBA power broker William Wesley, whom New York put in charge of Curry's workouts this summer.

The New York Daily News points out that Curry's involvement in the recruit of James may be a bad thing for the Knicks.

Curry had a famous falling-out with head coach Mike D'Antoni.

^ I have a hard time seeing Bron reach out to Eddy Curry...he probably just wants to get his trade value up.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

The ONLY chance we have at keeping Bron is if we somehow get CB4 in a sign & trade IMO and I put that at about 10%.
ohwell.gif

Ferry would truly be a miracle worker if he pulled that off...it's not happening though.

*exits thread*

^^ It don't matter.. You guys believe from a "source" that he called Derrick Rose right after a big lost.
Why can't you believe he called Curry.. it's from a "source"

They have the same agent..

Curry had a famous falling-out with head coach Mike D'Antoni
Is that translation for "continuing to be given opportunities and continually not getting in shape and/or getting hurt?"

didn't lebron win a gold medal with d'antoni as assistant coach. i doubt curry would put any doubts in his head. they are in two totally different situations.

and curry is a fat piece of +%#*. always will be. not even lebron can get that guy to have some worth. thankfully his contract is very valuable.

I never even spoke on the Rose thing, but whatever.

Eddy Curry is NOT Derrick Rose.  You NYC fans have been trying to dump him for 2 seasons now...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Now that I see that WWW is supposedly in charge of Eddy Cheeseburger's training this summer, they probably talked.

Eddy doesn't fit into D'Antoni's system...AT ALL (even if he's somehow in the best shape of his life).  So what does that say about Mark D?

I'm not looking into the Eddy Curry thing as a positive or a negative for the Knicks.

I figure Lebron is helping Eddy get in shape as a favor to his manager and I doubt Eddy is going to try to woo Lebron. Even if Curry bad mouths D'Antoni, he'd probably be stuffing his face with a cheeseburger as he's telling Lebron, in his attempt to become the NBA's fattest player of all-time.

So every couple of days now we're gonna get a story about how Lebron reached out to Player x on team y.
eyes.gif

I can't wait till July till all this stuff works out one way or another.

ill be really happy if lebron doesnt go to new york...knicks fans have been sure he is going there for 2 years now and i have no idea why...if hes smart he stays in cleveland or bolts to the bulls....knicks arent winning anytime soonand im sure lebron doesnt want to wait 3 more years to win..bulls have a good squad but does lebron really wanna be in MJs shadow? he has to realize if he goes there then there will be a lot of pressure to live up to what michael did and it has potential to get ugly... he just needs to man up and stay in cleveland and build his own legacy just like michael and kobe have done..its not like the cavs are long ways away... they may be a coach and a player or 2 away....they arent horrible so i dont see what the problem is..

Originally Posted by outkast9984

its not like the cavs are long ways away...so i dont see what the problem is..
Yeah we are.  The entire roster was built to win NOW (to cater to Bron's needs for better or for worse).  The majority of the roster is old as #%+$/goes Casper come playoff time.  We didn't even get to the Conference Finals.  We have no cap space.  The owner has to pay 20 million + in luxury tax to the NBA for this season alone.

^^ If CHI fans can hope he join the bulls, then NYK fans can hope he join the Knicks too..

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

LeBron forced their hands in a WIN NOW situation. They couldn't afford to build for the long haul. It was "3 year deal, we better win..." So they went after guys they could afford, that had right-now skill sets.

For example, Durant in three seasons has endeared himself more to the OKC fanbase than LeBron has ever done here, and they've sucked two of his three years there.

But that's what happens when you don't play like you're bigger than the game. You can lead a team from OKC and feel good about it. Even though you lose in the short-term, you realize YOU CAN'T WIN IN THIS LEAGUE BY YOURSELF. Meaning you need help. Help that will come via the draft for teams in this league. You know, just like every team LeBron's rumored to be going to? They're all littered with lottery picks and top-2 selections in the case of Chicago and Miami.

If I'm Gilbert, I go to LeBron and offer him minimum six-year deal with a player option after the fifth year. No more of this three year crap.

It's time Gilbert stands up to LeBron. What's mutually beneficial for the Cavs is what's best for LeBron. And vice-versa. They need to see it as a partnership and trust each other.

Gilbert has to get James on board long term at this point. Enough is enough. This nonsense that's happened over the past 18 months in particular is ridiculous. No more letting LeBron dictate short-term moves without long-term commitment.

THIS is why we couldn't land key players.... LeBron's unwillingness to commit to building a long term championship team from within.

That's a moot point though.

LBJ's not signing anywhere for more than his little 3 year contracts. That means wherever he goes, they better be willing and able to win RIGHT NOW, and I mean RIGHT NOW. Chicago isn't getting past BOS, ORL or LAL even with LBJ. Neither is NJN...

Lebron is 25. This next contract will be during his pure NBA prime, and he will not go to a team that is going to waste the next 2-3 years climbing toward a title. That's what he did here in 2007. Now we are here, and just need to make the right tweaks (coaching, etc.) to get that title now and contend for the next 3 years.

Really, it's either us or Miami. Chicago's really only a viable option if someone helps them out and either sign & trades Wade or sign & trades Bron, and we nor Miami are going to do that.

Unless he goes somewhere that can get him in the Finals in 2011, he's not going anywhere.

Doesn't excuse his behavior though.
I am super excited to see yet another 180 from clowns when Bron decides to re-sign.  That will be awesome.  

Here's to 6 more years of not winning titles for Cleveland. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I Noah Dentist

LOL knicks fans are finally starting to realize Lebron will become a Bull.

You can say that, an no one will say anything about it..

Let a Knick Fan say
LOL bulls fans are finally starting to realize Lebron will be a Knick
all of NT will $!@#+ and complain

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by outkast9984

its not like the cavs are long ways away...so i dont see what the problem is..
Yeah we are.  The entire roster was built to win NOW (to cater to Bron's needs for better or for worse).  The majority of the roster is old as #%+$/goes Casper come playoff time.  We didn't even get to the Conference Finals.  We have no cap space.  The owner has to pay 20 million + in luxury tax to the NBA for this season alone.

With the right system/coaching, this roster could get it done

So if the Bulls don't get LeBron and end up with Amare and Joe Johnson, will we see you on your regular NT name or still on the back up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom