Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I hope NYK end up with NOTHING but a over the hill player (Amare) getting paid max money.

Come on dude.. That's not nice

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I hope NYK end up with NOTHING but a over the hill player (Amare) getting paid max money.

They kind of deserve it for clearing cap space for years and screwing up the draft. You gotta remember that a few years ago they had one of the highest payrolls in the league. I think LeBron stays with Cleveland though. 

we "deserve" it?

we are some of the most loyal fans in any sport. You can all go $+%* yourselves.

^ that is true...

I just want Cleveland to at least have a shot at a chip...in any sport lol.

You guys won last year with the Yanks and had one of the biggest upsets ever with the Giants lol.

We have the Indians, Browns and Cavs...*sigh*

P.S. eff the Ravens and their owner (he shall not be named).

Honestly unless 3 of the big free agents are together, i don't see anyone but the lakers winning a championship next year.

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

How does Cleveland get Bosh or Paul "flat out"? What pieces do the Cavs have that the Raptors or Hornets would want? Lebron goes back to Cleveland w/o some miracle of landing a legit 1A or 2nd option= KG in Minnesota result.

word

i dunno....................i do agree with some that Ohio is a big deal to him but i mean c'mon now.......................honestly at this point i dont know
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

I see it as:

No to MIA even if Bosh and Wade are there... It would be Wades team

Yes to CHI only if Wade and Bosh go.

Otherwise, hes staying in CLE

Everywhere else (NY, NJ, etc.) is insignificant.

wait, so he won't play with bosh and wade in miami
but he will in chicago?

if LeBron stays in CLE he's gonna get booed in every arena

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

They kind of deserve it for clearing cap space for years and screwing up the draft. You gotta remember that a few years ago they had one of the highest payrolls in the league. I think LeBron stays with Cleveland though. 

Miami deserves to end up with nothing too?

I mean they traded players for picks.
Traded a first round pick to get a second round pick.  How come they get a pass and we don't ?

This guy is in the worst position. Loyalty will get u ring-less. I remember seeing KG on T-Wolves beasting on a horrible supporting cast. I feel like If he stays in Cleveland he wont win one until he gets older in the 30's. If he leaves for MIA or Chi he has a possibility of multiple rings. I hope he makes the right decision.

Originally Posted by THE ANOMOLIE

This guy is in the worst position. Loyalty will get u ring-less. I remember seeing KG on T-Wolves beasting on a horrible supporting cast. I feel like If he stays in Cleveland he wont win one until he gets older in the 30's. If he leaves for MIA or Chi he has a possibility of multiple rings. I hope he makes the right decision.
This is what I'm worried about and I'm not even a LeBron fan.  Loyalty cost KG at least one more championship and with the roster Cleveland has I don't see them winning a championship anytime soon.  You better believe the pressure and spotlight will be on LeBron each year that goes by that he doesn't win a championship.

This entire process has been a rollercoaster of emotions. I'm a hardcore Bulls fan, and have been since 1989, but even I know that other teams present intriguing possibilities to LeBron. I went to sleep last night optimistic about the meeting with James today. I woke up even more excited. I'm a naturally pessimistic person, but something in my heart, my soul...tells me that LeBron is coming to Chicago. This can be the rebirth of a dynasty in one of the greatest cities in the world.

I think that even if LeBron signs with Cleveland it won't be a six year deal. Once he signs he losses all leverage he has to make the team better.

laugh.gif
at Amare being over the hill.

NY/NJ has to look the most appealing right now the way things are shaking out IMO from a basketball point of view.

Originally Posted by aepps20

I think that even if LeBron signs with Cleveland it won't be a six year deal. Once he signs he losses all leverage he has to make the team better.
laugh.gif
You act like if he does re-sign the Cavs won't do everything in their power to bring home a title. He loses no leverage. Whichever team signs him will try to surround him with the best players available.

Originally Posted by AirMaxBuckeye

laugh.gif
You act like if he does re-sign the Cavs won't do everything in their power to bring home a title. He loses no leverage. Whichever team signs him will try to surround him with the best players available.

Exactly, this is Lebron James we're talking about. This wouldn't really be just a six year deal. You try to hold onto a Lebron James for life by building a dynasty.

laugh.gif

fact is lebron does not have a big man to go along side him. with the knicks he will have amare. seems like bosh is heading anywhere wade goes so gee i wonder where lebron will sign
pimp.gif
staying with the cavs at this point its pretty stupid since none of these big stars available now will go to the cavs. lebron come to nyc where you will be an immortal god worshipped for eternity!!!!

Originally Posted by tim teufel

laugh.gif

fact is lebron does not have a big man to go along side him. with the knicks he will have amare. seems like bosh is heading anywhere wade goes so gee i wonder where lebron will sign
pimp.gif
staying with the cavs at this point its pretty stupid since none of these big stars available now will go to the cavs. lebron come to nyc where you will be an immortal god worshipped for eternity!!!!
Remember, the Cavs have contracts and young guys to dump.

I would LOVE to see T-Mac with the Cavs as the 2 guard.

Imagine Carlos Boozer never left? They'd probably have a ring by now. Dummy chasing money.

laugh.gif
So you don't agree that signing a shorter deal doesn't put more pressure on management to get things done faster than a long term deal?  IMO Cleveland wouldn't be where they are without Lebron's decision not to take a long term deal the last time.  Management felt a sense of urgency to win so they tried(although they failed) to win now because they knew they couldn't take the typical (you're under contract so shut up and play) attitude or the "things take time" attitude because he would leave after his contract was up. 

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by tim teufel

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
Remember, the Cavs have contracts and young guys to dump.

I would LOVE to see T-Mac with the Cavs as the 2 guard.

Imagine Carlos Boozer never left? They'd probably have a ring by now. Dummy chasing money.
Yep...people keep thinking the Cavs roster will be the same once the season starts as it is now...and I highly doubt it is.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to post...I'm not even a Cavs fan.
laugh.gif
  I just enjoy following this whole thing.

laugh.gif
So you don't agree that signing a shorter deal doesn't put more pressure on management to get things done faster than a long term deal?  IMO Cleveland wouldn't be where they are without Lebron's decision not to take a long term deal the last time.  Management felt a sense of urgency to win so they tried(although they failed) to win now because they knew they couldn't take the typical (you're under contract so shut up and play) attitude or the "things take time" attitude because he would leave after his contract was up. 
No, I don't think the length of the deal matters. Whether he signs a 3 or 6 year deal the pressure will always be on management to get a title. Remember this is Cleveland...they haven't had a title since '64...in any sport.  The Cavs' front office won't be thinking "Okay, LeBron signed for 6 years so we have some time before we get a title." They know if LeBron signs they are always going to be under pressure.

I take back what I said about hoping the Knicks get nothing. (Realtalk). Knick fans are some of the most passionate and most devoted fans I've ever seen.

Stuck with their team through all the tough times and I can relate to how dreadful it could be...good luck team NYK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom