OFFICIAL LEBRON X+ NIKE ID THREAD

Yeah I called him a HATER. I'm all about sharing an opinion and more often than not I encourage conflicting opinions because it helps better most situations as a different view point is being shown to help progress things. In this situation his comment and wording came off mad HATERISH because of what was said and where he said it. This is an ID thread, a thread dedicated to people CUSTOMIZING a shoe model they like with whatever color scheme they think will look best. Buddy felt the need to come into the thread and say this that and the other about creativity and blah blah blah. People have reasons for doing what they want, who are you to condemn anyone to creative conformity for doing so? Last I checked NONE of these colors are on a X so that alone makes them unique. Secondly, I personally have all the actual shoes (aside from RC 7's) that inspired my X ID's, I liked the color scheme on the X as well so I made them on the X since Nike is Officially releasing crap. Nike didn't limit anything in the creative realm as far as I'm concerned, I just made the shoes I liked most and will make more. Since we talking opinions, yeah, I'll call YOU a hater too for saying there is no creativity within someone making what they want. :lol:
And now you getting brolic in a shoe thread because someone you don't know and chances are will never meet in your life called you a troll. Really G, REALLY? You got some gangster sprinkled in with your hating? :lol: Stop it G!
Everybody in this thread has been looking forward to seeing everybody else's ID designs and everybody has been showing love regardless if they design isn't great or "original" but naaaaaaaw Y'all come to the thread for the 1st time and throw ish where you type. Troll to the definition right. It aint that hard to show love. I'm looking forward to seeing y'all designs. :D

i think there is a big difference between just saying, "there are alot of copies of stuff that Nike has made but not released, looking forward to seeing something more original"...

is different than saying, "i am disappointed with all you hypebeasts in this thread with your copies of crap thats already been seen, and oh yeah mine is gonna be hotter than yours."

(i'm paraphrasing of course)

i wouldnt call it hate...but i def understand.

This is so true, and I find it more pathetic how those who don't agree call you a hater. Its called an opinion, sad that's really how ppl on NT and out here are now, you don't like something your a hater. I do understand the one point that some ppl didn't get certain shoes so they try and make them, but truth be told what works for one shoe most times will not work for another. Everybody making the same thing there no creativity. Dont say Nike limits your option because anyone who really been on this shoe thing knows more options come as the year comes. Now of course this is my opinion what you gonna do call me a hater too smh

isnt it the same thing to assume that because you want a "faux beach" as he calls it that you are a hypebeast?

do you see the hypocrisy?

Y'alll want something original? Give me a month. I'll have them ready.

Last edited:
I've been working on this pair for a while now. With all these options I had a hard time making the right color placements. I didn't use any inspiration. Just pure creativity. I'll be pulling the trigger on them tonight when I get home.

I've been working on this pair for a while now. With all these options I had a hard time making the right color placements. I didn't use any inspiration. Just pure creativity. I'll be pulling the trigger on them tonight when I get home.

ALL creativity is inspired by something. You may not use a past shoe for inspiration but your creativity is inspired by something, otherwise you'd just be picking options blindly and even then you'd be inspired by randomness. All things copied or original have inspiration behind them. Don't let a few thoughts or opinions displace your creative inspiration. I'm sure whatever you create will be DOPE, looking forward to seeing it...

On another note, to those ID designers that hold back their designs until Nike takes some options down so your design can't be recreated, remind yourself, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Yep, game royal. It's even nicer in person.

That is hard to believe. They look great in pictures. How close would you say the blue is to the helmet below? How does it compare to the front of the helmet where it is lighter? That is the true color of the Giants helmet. Thanks for the help!!!

ALL creativity is inspired by something. You may not use a past shoe for inspiration but your creativity is inspired by something, otherwise you'd just be picking options blindly and even then you'd be inspired by randomness. All things copied or original have inspiration behind them. Don't let a few thoughts or opinions displace your creative inspiration. I'm sure whatever you create will be DOPE, looking forward to seeing it...
On another note, to those ID designers that hold back their designs until Nike takes some options down so your design can't be recreated, remind yourself, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Greatly said.

I do not think there is anything wrong with basing your shoe off of something that has released, and although it may not be original. That is what the person liked and hence they paid for it, so let them live. 

For all you know they can like the colors on the Lebron X, or the fact they can change a small thing they didnt like on the initial colorway drop. Im not knocking peoples opinions, but when it comes to someone spending money on something THEY want. Opinions are not even needed.

I wasn't really inspired by anything other than the colors I used. Just thought that they meshed perfectly together. It's gonna be a real loud one though.

Im laughing that people are saying folks stuff is uninspired... 

Although I get the thought behind it like Peru said.. EVERYTHING we do is inspired.

Ive been up plenty a night on Illustrator doig designs for my clothing line or even NIKEID looking through magazines books or simply things around my house to inspire design cues.

Its called DNA .... everything has it. 

When my own get it I literally took inspiration from a Superman Pair of Lebrons that have never surfaced on NT... 

i have about 15 kicks in my locker. I delete some when others are better than the last I do.  Let me do me.. I'll let you do you.  We should all be happy to get that chance to have our own design and say it was all me.

I wasn't really inspired by anything other than the colors I used. Just thought that they meshed perfectly together. It's gonna be a real loud one though.

And thats absolutely awesome (no Blossom :D ), you were inspired by the colors and from it you made something you felt was worth your money. That is the one and only thing that matters in this thread. Judging by your Lebron 9 ID joints, can't wait to see what you concocted. Did you post a X already in this thread, I might've missed it...

Last edited:

I've been trying to make a good color way for the San Francisco Giants since they won the World Series. I remember I told myself when they were down 0-2 I said, if they win the whole thing, I'll order myself a pair of IDs. They ended up winning haha. So any advice or changes I can make? This is only my second ID as my other were some Kobe Vs.

And thats absolutely awesome (no Blossom :D ), you were inspired by the colors and from it you made something you felt was worth your money. That is the one and only thing that matters in this thread. Judging by your Lebron 9 ID joints, can't wait to see what you concocted. Did you post a X already in this thread, I might've missed it...

Haven't posted anything on here yet. My first pair will get here on Monday. I also got a Xmas pair I'm waiting on.

Haven't posted anything on here yet. My first pair will get here on Monday. I also got a Xmas pair I'm waiting on.

My next order will include a pair inspired by your Lebron 9 Xmas Flip, going green upper. Cap off to you. Figured I got the Red one, its only right I get the green one. Doing White laces tho because I already have Red, Black, and Green laces from my other ID's. Thats another thing I love about these, if you coordinate properly you'll have interchangeable laces for nearly every pair which can change the inspiration for the shoe instantly. Black or Red laces swapped into the Red Xmas and they become a Bulls colorway.

Last edited:
My next order will include a pair inspired by your Lebron 9 Xmas Flip, going green upper. Cap off to you. Figured I got the Red one, its only right I get the green one. Doing White laces tho because I already have Red, Black, and Green laces from my other ID's. Thats another thing I love about these, if you coordinate properly you'll have interchangeable laces for nearly every pair which can change the inspiration for the shoe instantly. Black or Red laces swapped into the Red Xmas and they become a Bulls colorway.

Nice! I went with a green base as well for my Xmas pair. But this time I got rid of the black and went straight with green/white/red. I hope they come out as planned.

After some careful thought, I've came to the decision that I will more than likely returning mine.

The black is just too shiny for my taste. I showed my girl and the first thing she said was "is that black" and "why are they so shiny". I really wish Nike would have called it metallic black or lamented black, and not put that extra clear coat on em, lol.

Also mine feel cheap, compare to the Pressures, Wind Chill and Jades I tried on. Those joints feel good, but these feel like b grades, maybe its just me, idk :\

Last edited:
After some careful thought, I've came to the decision that I will more than likely returning mine.
The black is just too shiny for my taste. I showed my girl and the first thing she said was "is that black" and "why are they so shiny". I really wish Nike would have called it metallic black or lamented black, and not put that extra clear coat on em, lol.
Also mine feel cheap, compare to the Pressures, Wind Chill and Jades I tried on. Those joints feel good, but these feel like b grades, maybe its just me, idk :\

Sorry you weren't satisfied with your product. I do ask, for the benefit of members, if you could give a heads up to where you'll return them and what size they are so if someone likes them they can be had. Something like this:

RETURN ALERT!!!
Size: 12
Date of Return: Today 12/12/12
Phone Number: (773)XXX-XXXX

This goes out to all ID Creator's, help your ID find a good closet. Thanks! :D

Back
Top Bottom