Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say it to people all the damn time who line up outside Burn Rubber, who cares about the shoes, you could be the craigslist lawn chair KING!!!!! empty chairs = no one in line.

"we" (used loosely since I'm not really a part of their resell dynasty, lol) always have chairs outside. They are pretty much there to stop us from having to sit in the cold, while we could be sitting in our cars. At Burn Rubber, that wouldn't work, mainly because there is no parking on the street. But every store isn't inaccessible like that. The dudes I know who do it, park right in front of their chairs, parking lot sewed up. They are already 9-10 deep. As others come to actually stand in line, we occupy our chairs. You can talk all you want, but if you think 1 person is going to walk in front of 10...that's not popping.

By no means do I think someone should be able to put out a chair in manhattan and go back home, or put out ac hair in Royal Oak, then go to work and come back 9 hours later. Of course not, but if you're literally 20 ft from your chair at all times, I don't see the big deal.

I see what you're saying but dude isn't rocking $800 nikes, he's wearing $250 nikes he paid $800 for. Big difference IMO

Meh, do you at the end right? I'd just rather be the guy getting the 800

where is the difference? The value of something goes both ways. Just because the msrp of an item is X amount, doesn't mean that's the value now. Your analogy would have more teeth if these particular shoes were widely available for retail, such as Gucci loafers. Funds excluding, there is nothing to stop you from going online and just buying a pair for the msrp. You can have the msrp price for Nike's all day and night....and you'll never get them for that price, because they don't exist for that price. The second after the shoes sell out at retail locations for the msrp, the shoes are no longer $250 nikes,. Take a pair of "high designer" loafers and put them on ebay, WORN x10...and see how much you can get. Then, take a pair of Jordan XI Concords, worn 10x...and I bet you get more than the msrp.

Yea. Think women/girls know what corks are? :smh: They just look like some brown Nike's.

If you gonna drop $800, at least let it be some Louboutins, Balenciaga's, or Gucci's.

I know a woman who is 40+ years old, HR Senior manager at the United Way in Detroit....she know's what Corks are. She knows because I told her she can make hundreds of dollars selling them. She knows what Concords and Bred XI's are....because she bought them for me.

If you think that girls/women automatically know that your trousers are Ferragamo, you're an idiot. If you went to the mall and polled 100 women, I'd bet more women could point out that your shoes were Nikes, before they could tell you that I had on a Jil Sander's shirt. Most women, even in a corporate environment wouldn't know model car they were looking at, even if the sticker price was over $100k. I dress for myself. I own Gucci loafers to Jordans, and personally, I'd rather wear my cheap ol' comfortable Nike flip flops.

Last edited:
:smh: :x @ the people that were at HoH Orlando last night getting tickets for the Cork's.

You don't even put your size down, so if you win...you just get a pair, possibly not your size.

Back in the day there was no house of hoops and nobody was lining up for shoes. It's not "the wire" out there but it does fill up with some dumbasses

thats just about every area that is city filled with low income urban communities. glad they do rsvp to clean up alot of that now

I say it to people all the damn time who line up outside Burn Rubber, who cares about the shoes, you could be the craigslist lawn chair KING!!!!! empty chairs = no one in line.

"we" (used loosely since I'm not really a part of their resell dynasty, lol) always have chairs outside. They are pretty much there to stop us from having to sit in the cold, while we could be sitting in our cars. At Burn Rubber, that wouldn't work, mainly because there is no parking on the street. But every store isn't inaccessible like that. The dudes I know who do it, park right in front of their chairs, parking lot sewed up. They are already 9-10 deep. As others come to actually stand in line, we occupy our chairs. You can talk all you want, but if you think 1 person is going to walk in front of 10...that's not popping.

By no means do I think someone should be able to put out a chair in manhattan and go back home, or put out ac hair in Royal Oak, then go to work and come back 9 hours later. Of course not, but if you're literally 20 ft from your chair at all times, I don't see the big deal.

20 feet I can understand, but we get crews of people dropping chairs and then dipping out and I just laugh. People call up and ask "is anyone camping out for (what ever sneaker)?" and I say....well there are about 5 chairs, but I have not seen any people in a minute.

google selenium, but if yall dont know how to program then ya, you're still in the dark.
it's a proof of concept for people who are motivated to write a script to do it, you can also automate it to click on twitter link after refreshing every half second

do while { // conditional below }

selenium.refresh();

Thread.sleep(500);

if(element("class=js-tweet-text").contains("Cork is now available") { // click on gonike link }
^ wish I knew what all that meant
eyes.gif
mean.gif
It's a simple algorithm:

It's a "do-while" loop which will check the condition at least once upon execution. selenium.refresh() is the browser automation command. Which will let the program know to refresh twitter. thread.sleep just checks it every 5 seconds. And the final statement tells the program to look for the specific words "Cork is now available" and open the link associated with it. 

Last edited:
selenium.select("class=selectBox-label", "9"); // this selects size 9

selenium.click("
class
=
add-to-cart nike-button nike-button-orange
")

selenium.waitForElement("class=
checkout-button nike-button nike-button-orange")
;

selenium.click("class=
checkout-button nike-button nike-button-orange");

After you click on the twitter link you run that script and this will get you to the checkout page!! HOLLA BACK!

it seems to test much better on other websites. i ran it on pickyourshoes, worked without a hitch all the way to checkout. On nike, it got caught up at size selection.

I think the ideal program, if all web based, auto refreshes the nike twitter page, at set intervals around 7:55 am - 8:05 am. As one has shared, it grabs the GO link from the tweet, then switches over to a selenium style code that grabs the size, adds to cart, goes to checkout, confirm order. done.

mean.gif
sick.gif
@ the people that were at HoH Orlando last night getting tickets for the Cork's.

You don't even put your size down, so if you win...you just get a pair, possibly not your size.
You most likley wont get your size.. Going to be alot of post for a size swap "i dont send first" post lmao..

At $305, the Corks were a guaranteed sell-out. I wonder why they brought it down to $250? Could it be that this will be a GR? Haha!

When I checked my local CL... There's atleast 3-4 listing for these already. 1 guy have FSR 8-12, 1 guy have scattered sizes, 1 guy doing pre-order, and the last guy is just selling a pair. Don't exactly know why they drop the price $50 when everyone know they will sell out at $300. Quality issues? More production added?

mean.gif
sick.gif
@ the people that were at HoH Orlando last night getting tickets for the Cork's.

That's what I said yesterday. Ish is crazy. My thirst took me to Orlando and Miami. And Miami seems WAY more organized. They took your size down. And hopefully, your raffle ticket is against others with the same size versus the insanity of Orlando.

You know what would be hilarious, if Nike released a lot more pairs than people think and then all the people trying to get 750-1000 for these would be S.O.L.

You know what would be hilarious, if Nike released a lot more pairs than people think and then all the people trying to get 750-1000 for these would be S.O.L.

That is my gut feeling on these. There will be more pairs than people expect, but that won't stop people from trying to get $1000+.

This. and I will also say that it is real out there. Not far from there, at Iverson mall, the line for the pink Foamposites got robbed. Dudes rolled up and stuck up the entire line. Lol sad but true.
I used to go to iverson mall all the time because white ppl where too scared to shop there, made for less competition! But you better believe I walked fast to my car with multiple shoe bags in hand. Walked fast like I'm gonna CRAP MY PANTS FAST.

damn this thread reminds me how corny all this sneaker **** is now a days, first nike got people going crazy for shoes with "galaxy prints" and now cork, lmaoo definitely some little kid ****

3-5 grand, yeah right.

You're going to be sitting on these things for forever then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom