Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Xs are better than the IXs IMO in terms of comfort. But for looks/colorways, the IXs at this same point last year **** on what we've seen from the Xs so far. Colorway wise, I'd take Chinas, Cannons, and Miami Nights (pretty much all out by this time last year) over anything we've seen from the Xs so far. I just haven't been impressed with the colorblocking they've used for the Xs at all, even though I think the Xs itself is a very comfortable, quality shoe (still don't like the prices though).

You're most def right...I already have my pair of Jades, but if you're gonna actually wear or collect them tomorrow is it as for coppin' retail price. It's like how I tell my wife when she tries to compare me gettin my shoes vs. a cell phone or a game system. Once these are gone, that's it and EBay...but, a cell phone isn't never gonna sell out just like a game system...and as for game systems them come out w/ different versions later down the line anyways
And it's usually and updated version for cheaper.

Ok am i missing something here...everyone is blaming Lebron for not releasing certain colorways on his shoes when all this time i thought it's nike's call on what they make, release, and or don't release!....once Lebron signed his name on the dotted line, he belonged to Nike!

So what is the best way to describe the cushion on the Xs?

I feel like it's more of an Air Max rather than Zoom?...

The more I keep convincing myself, It's "Visible" Air Zoom the more I doubt it, 'coz every time I wear mine the more I tell myself this ain't no Zoom...

-"Spring-y" (if there is such a word) on the front, especially around the toe and ball area

-And I also noticed that every time I land on jumps the heel feels more like Air Max

Is it How they constructed/presented the "Visible" Full Length Zoom that gives them impression/feel that this Xs have Air Max like qualitys?.. 
smile.gif

P.S.

I've never been a "big" LeBron Sneaker fan... especially Air Max 360 models..

I've always liked KBs, but this last 3 LBJ models intrigued me.. especially now Xs feat. "Visible" Full Length Air Zoom (Finaallyy!) 
happy.gif

Been laying low out of frustration. Didn't like how Team Lebron ended the run on the IXs (releasing Championship Pack only in Miami) OR how he started the run on the Xs (dropping Crown Jewels in 5 stores only & not even releasing Ring-Ceremonies at all.
sick.gif

It's like he didn't learn from the IXs that colorways make his shoes. You don't have to flood the market with every colorway (Chinas, Big Bangs, Miami Vice Elites) but at least give people a shot at them joints.
I don't think Lebron will EVER learn the fact that when your a star athlete, people want to wear what YOU wear. Jordan sold mad shoes that way. Enough with this PE & limited to 3 stores bull&@#%. If I can't buy it, I don't care about it.
I'm just saying.....
happy.gif
I agree with u. I'm glad I grew up watching MJ because I could always wear the same shoes as he did(Kobe is cool about it too). It seems LeBron likes to separate himself, and to me, that is his selfish ego. If he really was a cool guy, he would let us be able to obtain the same shoes he wears on the court. Just out of the X, I can tell u that I already would've bought the gold championship X's and also the home colorway with the black vents and red jeweled midsole...but of course, I can't. It's really a turn off to me. It seems I buy less LeBron's each new model bcuz of this crap. I'm just sayin' too.
It's more indicative of the current climate with this present day sneaker culture.  Most of us grew up in a time where it was about wearing what the players wore on the court.  Looking up to and idolizing those players.  Nowadays people are more concerned with "breaking necks."  This line had a lot of potential, but they're basically using LeBron as a way to pimp Nike ID IMO.  Is what it is, I don't know the man personally so I won't make assumptions about his character or personality, but this shoe as a whole is a letdown.  Hopefully the Jades look as good as they do in pics when they arrive tomorrow because if they don't, I'll return them and call it a day on this line.  Go after a few pairs of VII's - IX's that I didn't pay much attention to when they dropped.

It's more indicative of the current climate with this present day sneaker culture.  Most of us grew up in a time where it was about wearing what the players wore on the court.  Looking up to and idolizing those players.  Nowadays people are more concerned with "breaking necks."  This line had a lot of potential, but they're basically using LeBron as a way to pimp Nike ID IMO.  Is what it is, I don't know the man personally so I won't make assumptions about his character or personality, but this shoe as a whole is a letdown.  Hopefully the Jades look as good as they do in pics when they arrive tomorrow because if they don't, I'll return them and call it a day on this line.  Go after a few pairs of VII's - IX's that I didn't pay much attention to when they dropped.

As I agree with you guys, I feel the same way about what was said except for the character personality part. You don't have to make too many assumptions about his personality and where he stands because he has been wearing unobtainable small circle shoes since the VII's. Teasing a lot of us with versions that we can't touch. Does anyone think he is not asking for these colors and requesting they not be released to the masses? I don't know it, but when I hear quacks I usually call them ducks.

REALLY WISH I KNEW ABOUT THAT COUPON SOONER... COPPED A PAIR OF X'S TODAY... 167 WOULD HAVE BEEN EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom