Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit: this is what happens when you have both threads open at the same time lol

Last edited:
finally got me cannons, all i need now is chinas, miami nights and free gums (and a DS pair of big bangs if i can find them) and my lbj9 collection is done

Wrong thread.

Are the LeBron X Jade that good? I'm 50/50 on buying them. Not to resale now or later though.

your sodium level is through the roof chump. I know Bishop and i don't see anything wrong with buying the colorways that you like.

granted i didnt get the shoe but its no reason to hate on the people that dude. get over it, the shoes are gone, life goes on. if you dont them, thats fine. if you do and missed out, then that's fine too. but it's no need to name call people. and I don't blame Bishop for his pickups. the Lebron X is a great model but the colorways have been rather lackluster. so far Crown Jewels and Corks have been the only exciting releases to a pretty bland series of releases.

people like you are the reason I don't want to even come back in this thread anymore.
Lebron is good looking basketball shoes. Casual looks i think it too ,too clunky. I been staying off this model. Cant lie tho i like the 3 hardest to get lbj x. As my "constellation" i will be getting kobe 8 black mamba. Lol

Probably would only apply if a good percentage of the people who buy them wear them. If they get "beat" quickly, then that could up the price - not because of the fragility itself, but because it would influence the supply side of the equation. Fragility shouldn't be an issue considering I doubt most owners will wear t them.

...And, fine China isn't expensive BECAUSE it is fragile.

I get your point, but china is, in someways, more expensive because of the fragile make up and care needed. Paper plates are more durable and serve the same purpose, but cost less because they're easily reproduced and replaced.

My personal experiences with cork shoes have been solid, got ten years out some Birkenstocks before replacing en and they were WORN to hell. My ex had those CLs I bought her 4 years ago and they still look great.

Face facts resell value will be prolly 8-1200. More for ones with the box.I expect hype to grow, because it was non Sneakerheads that hyped galaxies and yeezys, and I suspect as these are seen more by those outside the bubble, they'll affect the prices.

roll.gif

"China" is fragile because its aged porceleain. Its valuable because its an antique.

100 years from now I doubt people will care about the shoes we collected.

Last edited:
Those Suede Xs look pretty nice, I'm still waiting on pics of the PS though.

I'm pretty curious, especially considering the fact that there hasn't even been a wide spread tech sheet of the shoe going around yet with playoffs being right around the corner..

Wait, wait, wait...fine China? Really? That's a serious comparison? And how the hell is fragile ever a good thing when it comes to a pair of shoes, something you're meant to wear?

Are you slow? It's an excellent comparison. Walking and eating are both menial tasks... Ie wearing corks or eating off china is a stylish expensive way of doing a basic thing. People pay alot for plates to mostly look at em. For alot of people, corks are the same, as this is more fragile than standard shoes AND more expensive.

Often, it's not the item itself, but the material it's made of that determines cost. And sometimes it's the name.

Also,the price on these is high but not as high when you consider this:m.saks.com/pd.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446535075&CAWELAID=1679670576&cagpspn=pla&site_refer=GGLPRADS001&productCode=0452504562520

I paid a little less than that, only.because my exs friend worked at a shoe boutique and she hooked me up. Check Ebay... You'll see cork shoes used, that exceed the cost of these new.

Nike trying to appeal to that urban socialite Cole Haan crowd with these. I think this is just the beginning of "dressy" tennis shoes.

Watch out for a pm from tcoop2g asking for services?? Or money and claiming that he got jj release Time Dude is a

*** forreal

Lmao at "premium" materials. To those rocking these, good luck. To those flipping em, smart. Biggest gimmick Nike has pulled on us since the + enabled bs.

Are you slow? It's an excellent comparison. Walking and eating are both menial tasks... Ie wearing corks or eating off china is a stylish expensive way of doing a basic thing. People pay alot for plates to mostly look at em. For alot of people, corks are the same, as this is more fragile than standard shoes AND more expensive.

Often, it's not the item itself, but the material it's made of that determines cost. And sometimes it's the name.

Also,the price on these is high but not as high when you consider this:m.saks.com/pd.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446535075&CAWELAID=1679670576&cagpspn=pla&site_refer=GGLPRADS001&productCode=0452504562520

I paid a little less than that, only.because my exs friend worked at a shoe boutique and she hooked me up. Check Ebay... You'll see cork shoes used, that exceed the cost of these new.

Nike trying to appeal to that urban socialite Cole Haan crowd with these. I think this is just the beginning of "dressy" tennis shoes.

Dumbest comparison I've ever heard. China can be hand made and with expert artisan work and crafting. Cork shoes probably still cost like 25 bucks at the most to make with how Nike does mass production, even if these are "limited". And what is so premium about them? The price or the materials? Lol at people thinking they are getting a sophisticated shoe. Marketing made them attractive, not the shoe itself.

The denims are ok I seen a pic of LBJ rocking them at club/party scene. I probably would pass on them

:rofl:

"China" is fragile because its aged porceleain. Its valuable because its an antique.

100 years from now I doubt people will care about the shoes we collected.

Yes they will. There's a whole industry devoted to old stuff. It's the reason people try to horde and take care of stuff.

If a Lebron cork survived a hundred years in a commercial and materialistic society like ours, it'd be VERY valuable. Have you forgotten there are hundred year old baseball cards worth alot Of money? Lebron James is more popular than Honus Wagner will EVER be, but you'll never see his card and Lebrons valued in the same stratosphere for at least 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom