Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Love those Crimsons!  I hope they possibly come with some black laces....which btw, are those the same kind of laces that are on the KD's?

When people make the statement:

"Nike's running out of ideas"

Are you being sarcastic or do you actually believe that?

Just wondering... 

FYI... when colorways are being done up... I can safely say they digitally do over 50 colorways if not more... Sample up around 30 and go from there....

You have someone who only does all player make up's.. which some of you call ID's but their options are far better than what can be ID'd. They have an inline (retail color designer) and sometimes retailers will suggest a colorway for SMU's (Special Make Ups)

If you saw what resources designers have access to, you'd never think that a day in your life that they could possibly be running out of ideas.

If anything designers are limited in being able to design EXACTLY what they want due to contraints on technical build or expenses on the build of the design.

They have an entire room on Campus dedicated to every material swatch in the world.  If a Material Designer finds out about something not there they get it within the week.

They have a library on Campus where the theme changes every three months maybe less to give designers different inspiration cues. 

Run out?  Nike wouldnt let that happen.. They'd switch you to another division or category before that happened.

Last edited:
When people make the statement:

"Nike's running out of ideas"

Are you being sarcastic or do you actually believe that?

Just wondering... 

FYI... when colorways are being done up... I can safely say they digitally do over 50 colorways if not more... Sample up around 30 and go from there....

You have someone who only does all player make up's.. which some of you call ID's but their options are far better than what can be ID'd. They have an inline (retail color designer) and sometimes retailers will suggest a colorway for SMU's (Special Make Ups)

If you saw what resources designers have access to, you'd never think that a day in your life that they could possibly be running out of ideas.

If anything designers are limited in being able to design EXACTLY what they want due to contraints on technical build or expenses on the build of the design.

They have an entire room on Campus dedicated to every material swatch in the world.  If a Material Designer finds out about something not there they get it within the week.

They have a library on Campus where the theme changes every three months maybe less to give designers different inspiration cues. 

Run out?  Nike wouldnt let that happen.. They'd switch you to another division or category before that happened.
I take it you haven't seen the X Lows vs. the IX Lows? Either nike is running out of ideas or is getting lazy, flip a coin.

Thats not running out of ideas... 

As I stated above.. Designers are limited in what they are allowed to do.  Trust me ... ask any designer if he had free will to create something from scratch he would.. but many times they are asked to create new kicks with old DNA OR simply use lasts from previous models.. to save money.

Hell look at how Nike miled the Air Max 360 Soles.... 

Its not ideas its just business. 

In the running department they are basically told if a shoe sold really wel the year before.. they are only to change a few design cues on it and put it right back out there.  Never leave what works or reuse it til we cant use it anymore.

Nike doesn't have high standards for every design, because they don't need to.

The Elite Xs are wek and uninspired.

I'm no Nike insider but I interpret that as lazy design and management.

In my opinion, I feel as if someone up in their marketing/management department is slacking or heck..not even there?  Is somebody specifically assigned to pump up LeBron's gear and ONLY his?  I come from a marketing/promotions field of work, have a touring band, well versed in social media, and I've spent countless hours trying to figure out their tactics.  I've come to the conclusion that I think I may be over thinking it and someone up top just isn't that valuable to the company.  They've slipped on the X and allowed most of the designs to be found by people on Instagram or leaked pictures, which seem to get tossed around and hated on.  Then, a few months later, a few of us are saying "hmm, man I think I might go get those since they are still sitting at the _____ by my house".  I personally like all of the color ways that have been released, and I'm confident that all the ones that are still sitting could have sold better if shown in a different light.  Still....their sales for this line are probably through the roof soooo ya, I'll just shut up.  
wink.gif

Both of the bright elites will sell out ...  Y'all playing y'all self if you think they will "sit" or go on sale ... Nike will make these limited .. 
Apparently you weren't around for last year's Elites.  Other than the Miami Vices, none sold out and all went on sale.

At the end of the day Nike don't care what some of you say because there still making sneaker(not you) that eventually go to outlets; Even Jordans so whether we buy it or not they get paid to make them, Check is already in the bank and we still waiting for retail date.  LBJ, KD and KB like and wear them why care about our opinion. I guess all these unreleased samples are fake otherwise that would prove Nike make more colors than we think.

If all these crazy colors sell out in the X Elites this go round, we are dead in the water when Nike goes to set the pricing for the XI's.  I hope for all our sake they sit like the non Miami Vice Elite 9's and hit outlets. 

People saying recycled shoe is annoying. The 9s were a great shoe and comfy as hell. Wtf would it matter if it is the same type of bottom. Nit picking fools. You walk on the bottom of the shoe. Last years must of been comfy and nike wanted it that way. To be recycled it has to of left its original place went to someone's house worn then thrown in the bin and then shipped to nike again and then soles ripped off in mass numbers lol I'm jk but the recycled bit is a bit much. You either like or you don't

:lol: So we're fools because we arent buying this recycled junk called the Lebron X low, Nike is bringing to us. Bronsornothing?:lol: Thats rich

Thats not running out of ideas... 

As I stated above.. Designers are limited in what they are allowed to do.  Trust me ... ask any designer if he had free will to create something from scratch he would.. but many times they are asked to create new kicks with old DNA OR simply use lasts from previous models.. to save money.

Hell look at how Nike miled the Air Max 360 Soles.... 

Its not ideas its just business. 

In the running department they are basically told if a shoe sold really wel the year before.. they are only to change a few design cues on it and put it right back out there.  Never leave what works or reuse it til we cant use it anymore.

Yeah I understand at that Rock........but nots our problem.

Nike should have done better with the Lebron X low. Lebron is their biggest signature athlete and the lows are his 2nd biggest product, you cant recycle an outlsole from last years shoe , raise the price $25 dollars and think everything with be cool with the conusmers.

Venture... most people do over think it.  Lebron KD and Bron dont have their own Marketing group within Nike.. they all share the same Marketing Group..  However they all have their own Sports Marketing Rep..   Those guys are resposible for giving the insight on how they will be marketed by Nike.. they ride a fine line of saying.. go with it or let it pass.

Hence when Kobe was supposed to make the 2K4 his and later the Hyperdunk... they consult these guys about the strategies...

Most things are planned out a year in advance and some stuff adhoc depending on things that happen along the way.. Milestones and such.

The over all Marketing group dictates how the Product is placed and even so much as what shoes Bron are to wear on what nights.  He doesnt just decide oh F it. .Im wearing these unless its not a Nationally Televised game.. He only does that with his pregame warm ups.

As far as someone saying all the samples are fake.. that would be incorrect.  Nike makes a ton of samples as I said before and the reason they leak is because now NSW has access.. some sales guys and even Marketing guys.. and basically many have access to having Samples arrive.  

Boxes upon boxes are sent to Nike from their factories and just sit in hallways until either reshipped to players or given to PLMs and designers to look over or even engineers to improve specs on.  Its all a process and shoes leaking or getting to people isn't new.  Thats been happening for years.. and sometimes illegally.. lol.. but hey.. S happens.

Was no one around for the Brons 2 - 5?  Underground releases before HoH's messed up PEs was all the rage.. 

If all these crazy colors sell out in the X Elites this go round, we are dead in the water when Nike goes to set the pricing for the XI's.  I hope for all our sake they sit like the non Miami Vice Elite 9's and hit outlets. 
I know of a few malls where the miami vice elites sat for a few weeks last year.

The only X I see as a possible cop after the floridians on a discount is the crimsons. That would be the homes (on discount), corks, floridians (on discount), and crimson elite (hopefully on discount) for me.

Read the comment properly it's obvious I was being sarcastic trust me I know, homie works under gentry I already know the scoop on how Nike runs ish!

Back
Top Bottom