Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

When I first saw the LeBron X, I had great expectations.  This shoe was the first to offer full length zoom, and also included hyperfuse and diamond edge inspirations.  Nike came up with this great marketing slogan, "Forged by Heat, Time, and Pressure."  to help promote LeBron's 10th signature shoe.  A sneak preview of some colorways, especially the Cutting Jade, got me excited at what Nike had in store.

Overall, the X colorways were ok.  My favorites were the Jades and Settings.  The Pressures and the Windchills also looked nice.  But I think they could have scrapped a few colorways, notably the "seaweed green" Dunkman, which I think is just absolutely hideous.  Even more so than the Fruity Pebble All Stars.   Also, who can forget about the Corks, the most hyped shoe since the Yeezy II.  The Corks weren't my thing, but I do admit they are really unique and one of a kind (for now, at least).

Then came the Lows and Elites.  Both of these models to me are just absolutely terrible.  The lows with their exposed flywire, recycled midsole, and overall unappealing look, with a $15 price increase.  The Elites looked like some kid slapped some carbon fiber on, their dad added some "kevlar laces", and they submitted the product to Nike, which quickly approved it.  With a price of $280, I can see ZERO reasons why I would ever buy a pair myself, no matter the colorway.

Now, onto the NSW lifestyle version.  No offense, but anyone who decides to buy this shoe for the retail price (I read that it's around $135-$140) should be subject to a breathalyzer test.  These shoes make the LeBron X Lows look somewhat decent.  If I ever bought these shoes, I would immediately donate them to the next homeless person I saw outside.  They might actually even wear them.  

Now that the LeBron 11 has a rumored price of $200, I don't know if I will purchase another LeBron shoe at retail.  I can't justify myself spending this amount of money on shoes that don't even look that good.  But who knows?  They may come out with a colorway that will blow everyone's mind.  I'm predicting they will come out with a LeBron "Glass" shoe later this year.  A shoe, made entirely of glass, to celebrate LeBron's newfound post game and shots "off the glass".

That's all for now.  Peace out.

View media item 345470

A1 POST TO GIF USUAGE. I'M CRYING.

I just stay away from the hyped up colors and I can always cop cheap. 

Just found the Easter X on eBay for under retail shipped 
smokin.gif

Isn't it the KDV? It's only $115 right now. And there weren't good color ways? DMV, Away, Splatter, X-Mas, ASG, Aunt Pearl, Birch, Home, Hulk, N7s, etc were all probably hotter than a good number of the X color ways.

I'm sad to hear "inflation" is causing Nike to raise prices. At this rate, the KD9s will be $200. I don't understand how Reebok and others are charging what they do.

Nike definitely has to apply the basic, medium and high end model pricing. Which is kind of what they've done this last year but next year and the Elites are throwing it out of wack. $200 for Kobe Elites. $280 for X Elites.

And isn't there a video where the pastor screams like an eagle and changes into the jet?

ELITES SAT LAST YEAR EXCEPT MIAMI VICE. I WAS JUST THE IDIOT WHO BOUGHT ALL 4 COLORWAYS AT FULL RETAIL.

This :smh: I copped Homes and Taxi on RD only to find them way down the road on decent discount. Like the Crimson pair only so hoping they sit but you never know these days... Smh

ELITES SAT LAST YEAR EXCEPT MIAMI VICE. I WAS JUST THE IDIOT WHO BOUGHT ALL 4 COLORWAYS AT FULL RETAIL.
Exactly...Ppl heard South Beach...those moved instantly!!! Home, Away and Taxi's all sat and went on sale...And the Taxi's in MHO were the best lookin ones of the bunch

This
mean.gif
I copped Homes and Taxi on RD only to find them way down the road on decent discount. Like the Crimson pair only so hoping they sit but you never know these days... Smh
Bro, if those Crimson are the "Dade County" pair...they moving. But, I honestly think Nike gonna make a South Beach pair, cuz Nike have way too much LeBron clothing in a Storm Grey/Pinkforce cw...and as to my knowledge Nike has yet to make a LeBron Witness t shirts that didn't come w/ some shoes to match...IJS

they ran out of logos to put on the lifestyles or something? 3 lion logos on one shoe 6 in a set. :smh:

Bro, if those Crimson are the "Dade County" pair...they moving. But, I honestly think Nike gonna make a South Beach pair, cuz Nike have way too much LeBron clothing in a Storm Grey/Pinkforce cw...and as to my knowledge Nike has yet to make a LeBron Witness t shirts that didn't come w/ some shoes to match...IJS

I have a feeling they will move regardless. Less $$ than the Home Elite even if by a few bucks. And the Superhero and Turquoise joints don't do much for me. The Crimson are at least a possibility for an in game wear with the Red uni's.

Exactly...Ppl heard South Beach...those moved instantly!!! Home, Away and Taxi's all sat and went on sale...And the Taxi's in MHO were the best lookin ones of the bunch

I kinda want the Home Elites. :rolleyes Hope I can go to an outlet somewhere and they magically have them.

I have a feeling they will move regardless. Less $$ than the Home Elite even if by a few bucks. And the Superhero and Turquoise joints don't do much for me. The Crimson are at least a possibility for an in game wear with the Red uni's.
Them two CWs are garbage to me...The Turquoise ones you'd probably have to see in person to kinda have a change of heart, but them Superheros...I'm not gonna even click on the links to see if they moved or not

they ran out of logos to put on the lifestyles or something? 3 lion logos on one shoe 6 in a set. :smh:

His number is #6 so i think that's the reason. Just like there are 10 diamond cutouts on the X's upper.

but the 10 diamond cuts are not logos but actually serve a purpose as vents. The lion logos are for aesthetic purposes and are just OD for one shoe let alone a set.

Last edited:
Still pissed off at myself for missing out on them. They were by far my favorite CW, but I couldn't stomach the price tag. Wish I could find a pair somewhere for less than retail, but at this point I think they may be long gone.
Try to stock locate. My local HoH (STL Galleria) had taxis, homes, and away elites for $200 in december

For some reason i think the violet force/volt elites will look even better in person (needs violet laces instead tho), they are slowly growing on me. I'm feeling the crimsons & homes too.

Back
Top Bottom