Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Just got shipping confirmation from Villa 
smokin.gif

Speaking on that pack that suppose to drop. its crazy how the shoe game is all messed up now.

im slowing stepping away from the game yall. was doing the rsvp thing for the denims, it was a fail, but im starting to see that this shoe game isn't for me anymore..
Pretty much been looking at everything from a distance now too.

I was only able to get my ASGs bc I got lucky on jimmy jazz that night.

RSVP is a sham. It's either ill get lucky online or pay reseller. Nothing looked worth while so far to do so anyway imo.

It't not even a big deal to me anymore bc once one limited release comes and goes, Nike already had 2 more on deck.

Sucks but im not stressing over this **** anymore

I don't remember many Jordan PE's that JORDAN WORE. If you're talking Ray Allen, Eddie Jones, Q Rich, Darius Miles PE's that ish ain't the same as what's happening with the Lebron Line.

Why is it not the same?

If the Jordan brand isn't even following the same practices and marketing schemes as they did when it was just Mike 20yrs ago, why would you expect the Lebron line to use that same outdated formula?

It's not your right.  It's the police's job to protect.  You will be stripped of your rights as an American civilian.  You'll get arrested, go to court and may very well get sentenced to do some hard time if you ever THINK about killing anyone regardless if it was self defense.  How many times people are sentenced to PRISON for killing that robber who breaks into their home.   It's one of the ten commandments.  You're not supposed to kill.

Mannnn you better get some business and miss me with that religion stuff. I know the commandments. But like i stated before I HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN MY CURRENT FIREARM, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CARRY MY FIREARM, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO PULL MY FIREARM IF I FEEL THAT MY LIFE IS IN DANGER, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO PULL THE TRIGGER. The bullet will hit u to get up off of me, Now if that bullet kills you, i have nothing to do with that.

BACK TO THE LEBRONS!

The difference between JB and Lebron's line is that Nike has taken the lessons learned from Retro'ing JB kicks and applied it to Lebron's line now. Jordans were produced to sell on their own. Jordan was a star so they gave him his sig and it sold like hotcakes. New shoe every year and they all sold well. Once they started retro'ing, Nike realized that the big money wasn't in the release, it was in the re-release. Nike saw that there were certain Jordan's that the public seemed to like more and elevate to "grail"status but Nike had no control over which pairs those were.

With Lebron, Nike is taking control over which sneakers become gold mines on re-release. They purposefully put out exclusive/limited shoes. You ask "wouldn't they make more money if they released more pairs?" Maybe up front, but Nike is thinking long term. Most Elite Lebron's releases are still sitting in stores. However, Nike puts out an Elite that most people have zero chance of getting, it becomes instant grail status. In a few years, Nike has guaranteed that they can retro the shoe as a GR if they choose and it will sell out instantly. 

This aint checkers. Nike is playing chess. They give us GR's and QS's to buy now, but they will always have something super-limited out there too. They are setting up retro sales. They are attempting to take control of the hype. By releasing limited numbers, they create hype. Less money up front for selling less pairs but they have created a "grail" status sneaker by limiting production. They'll be able to retro it and have it sellout every 3-5 years from now on. Long-term money.

Just my opinion.

How these fit. I'm thinking about trading my size 10 for a 14. Im a thirteen normally though.
Most Lebron's run at least a 1/2 size small so if you're usually a 13 I would think that a 14 wouldn't be too big with a good pair of thick socks on. When you say you're usually a 13 do you mean in other nikes & JB's or you're usually a 13 in Lebrons?

Rant against NikeTown Chicago - I went yesterday about 30 minutes before the RSVP window closed and there were about 15-20 of us waiting for unclaimed pairs. We were all standing in front of the line to check out. Not a single employee asked us to move or make any formal announcement. Manager comes out after the window has closed, and says there are extra pairs, but due to us lining up in the store that they cannot sell them today and do not know when they will be able to sell. 

I continue to call yesterday afternoon and all I keep getting is follow us on Twitter bs. I go this morning right when they opened and was told the same Twitter bs. They will not give a peep of when, where, what ... anything.

They need to get a system down for the extra pairs.

Last edited:
@Soda I agree with everything you said. It's pretty much spot on. Nike realizes they have another gold mine with LeBron and want to maximize revenues in the long term.

got lucky on this release and won two raffles and one was in dallas over 3hrs away.. just had a homegirl enter raffle n what do you know... never win... got lucky not once but twice

got lucky on this release and won two raffles and one was in dallas over 3hrs away.. just had a homegirl enter raffle n what do you know... never win... got lucky not once but twice

Most Lebron's run at least a 1/2 size small so if you're usually a 13 I would think that a 14 wouldn't be too big with a good pair of thick socks on. When you say you're usually a 13 do you mean in other nikes & JB's or you're usually a 13 in Lebrons?
I'm a 13 through and through. I wish my other brons were 13.5 but I don't ever see that size. So I just go thin socks

Rant against NikeTown Chicago - I went yesterday about 30 minutes before the RSVP window closed and there were about 15-20 of us waiting for unclaimed pairs. We were all standing in front of the line to check out. Not a single employee asked us to move or make any formal announcement. Manager comes out after the window has closed, and says there are extra pairs, but due to us lining up in the store that they cannot sell them today and do not know when they will be able to sell. 

I continue to call yesterday afternoon and all I keep getting is follow us on Twitter bs. I go this morning right when they opened and was told the same Twitter bs. They will not give a peep of when, where, what ... anything.

They need to get a system down for the extra pairs.

That place is run by a bunch of idiots, I stopped copping from there when they messed up the royal 1 RSVP by tweeting joker 1 then refused to do it over.

Last edited:
Would go for a 12.5 or 13 in your case.

In the US you rarely see a 12.5 or 13.5...overseas is slightly different. I snagged a size 13.5 SB9 from Germany. Never saw that size ever in the US.
Same. My dude across the pond is usually able to attain even smaller sizes for my lady (she likes to match) that the US doesn't typically carry/provide as well. I'll find out later today if he was able to help me with another pair of Denims...

Back
Top Bottom