Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Sneakers are like Gas Prices.. 

No not comparing the economics (lets not go there)

But the pre conditioning.. 

Gas used to be 1.50 a gallon.. (I remember 99 cents at one point)

Then it's currently around 3.79 a gallon here locally...

If it goes down to 2.50 we think holy mackerel this is great.. 

Sneakers... the same. If they charge these rates for a while.. we may balk.. but we buy. Later we realize we cant do it anymore and the price drops down to $225 just like Foams and other releases...

We think finally.. Nike came to their senses.  They still win.

The retailer as always is the one really losing.. Unless they are named Footlocker.

Couple this tactic with the basic hype machine, and you got people scrambling to purchase even if they're unhappy about the price, simply cause they know they won't have a chance to reverse their decisions.

I'm personally upset they're taking this route with almost every Lebron, Kobe, and Jordan XX8 release, even the GR's.

They can only be successful with this to a point though. I think the NSW Lifestyle Lebron's are beyond that point.

[QUOTE name="NikeDealer"]Im still trying to figure out the Nike Street Team Reference.

Never knew that existed..lol

(sarcasm)[/QUOTE]

:smh:

I'm keeping an eye on you "Nike Dealer" and "Galvatron." You're hype men in disguise.

At least you know when East Bay reps are posting half the time.

Nike gonna have a hard time sellin the LeBron Elites this year...Only CW I'm still only really feelin are the Silver and Black...and the Red ones have potential

I don't think they're going to have a difficult time at ALL. Just look at the Kobe's, Air Jordan 28s, etc. They're going to generate hype by posting in here. Dropping inside info about how so and so store only has so many pairs. If there's an iota of interest, the idiot resellers will buy up the stock with the Twitter1000. Hook, line, sinker.

Look at some of the "ridiculous" color ways like Squadron Blue AJ 13s, Stealth/Joker 3s, etc. They still sold out. Sneakers are a serious business. Nike is selling lifestyle and status symbols.

Last edited:
We've seen full pics of all the Elites except for the Silver/Black pair.

Which is surprising because they were one of the first pair of Elites to leak.

I wonder if they are dropping at all?

Sneakermane a fanboy AND ROCK a hypeman all in the same thread, lmfao

EPIC FAIL !

ROCK should switch his name to FLAVA i guess :wink:

i always appreciate tha science ya drop sir, its nice to read somethin other than "these are overpriced" 1000 times, fwiw

Last edited:

EPIC FAIL !

ROCK should switch his name to FLAVA i guess
wink.gif

i always appreciate tha science ya drop sir, its nice to read somethin other than "these are overpriced" 1000 times, fwiw
Thanks sir...

I know theres still a few left on here that appreciate the biz behind the shoes..... Im just sorry I dont have pictures to go along with the words for those not as interested...

Oh well... 

EPIC FAIL !

ROCK should switch his name to FLAVA i guess
wink.gif

I don't think anybody said anything with disdain for those guys, but it's clearly obvious that the sneakermane guy buys every Lebron shoe that drops, how is that not being a 'fanboy' by definition?  The same would apply to a guy/gal who purchases every ipad/ipod/iphone that Apple puts out, they are referred to as 'fanboys'...stop getting so uptight and jumping to defend another grown man...we all don't have the same opinions my man...

there are fanboys on every thread, but there are also bitc# boys too that complain on the site everyday about eveything from what someone should wear with they kicks, to price being too high, along with what they dont like about about a model! Im just thankful for the regular cats that just want to show new colorways and discuss info for copping pairs we missed on release day.

I might be the only who feels this way, but NT is a great tool for learning WHY consumers like and dislike a certain product. I enjoy the fact that a lot of the opinions shared on here are based on concrete issues like comfort, fit, quality, performance, price etc. Compared to the comment sections on other sneaker sites, the ones on here are well thought out and most of the time reasonable.

But I can't see why Nike would ever need to "hype" a shoe on here. This isn't known to be a crowd that is generally influenced by the hype, it's almost frowned upon on this site lol. There are also ideas shared here that have become pretty common on this site but aren't commonly expressed by the sneaker heads and casual buyers I speak to in real life. 

Basically, I enjoy reading the ideas expressed on NT because(IMO) I'm getting  the views and opinions of the "sneaker snobs," but I don't feel by any means that these ideas are the ideas of the general public. Nor do I feel like the general public is influenced by NT. I can't see Nike feeling like this site is the "gateway to the people." lol

I actually think Ebay would be a better "hype tool" than anything else

I'm not sure why people are talking about a silver / black pair of elites...the first leaked picture (which I posted first here after snagging it from LRJ23's Facebook) was a BLACK AND WHITE PICTURE not silver...wow

That and low elites...don't people read and actually follow things? Amazed at how ignorant some people can be

Last edited:
eBay is a tool. It only works if you know what you're looking for.

Sites like NT, the other site, Sneakernews, *************, kicksonfire, Boxden, kicks deals, etc are all sites you can use for news and upcoming releases.

However, NT, Boxden, etc can actually be used to gauge consumer interest. A sneaker news site won't really be able to gauge that unless through views and hits. This thread is the "preview" of what the consumer will think of the Lebron X Elites. The difference is the mainstream isn't like us, we're shoe buying enthusiasts, willing to pay $$$ for a shoe in the aftermarket.

It's the same with a site like neogaf. It doesn't represent the mainstream or average consumer but it does tap into your core market. Same with Nike Talk. Honestly, if I were Nike I'd look at some of the things said over and over in regards to the current Lebron line. And if they have community managers or a street team, take it with a grain...

eBay is a tool. It only works if you know what you're looking for.

Sites like NT, the other site, Sneakernews, *************, kicksonfire, Boxden, kicks deals, etc are all sites you can use for news and upcoming releases.

However, NT, Boxden, etc can actually be used to gauge consumer interest. A sneaker news site won't really be able to gauge that unless through views and hits. This thread is the "preview" of what the consumer will think of the Lebron X Elites. The difference is the mainstream isn't like us, we're shoe buying enthusiasts, willing to pay $$$ for a shoe in the aftermarket.

It's the same with a site like neogaf. It doesn't represent the mainstream or average consumer but it does tap into your core market. Same with Nike Talk. Honestly, if I were Nike I'd look at some of the things said over and over in regards to the current Lebron line. And if they have community managers or a street team, take it with a grain...
Right. Some of what you said is kinda my point, this site is great for feedback. But I've seen NTers not buy into the hype of a shoe and the general public eat it up.

I brought up the Ebay thing because I spoke to a few of the people standing in line for the corks out here, and they didn't know anything about the shoe other than the fact it was currently going for $2,500 on ebay. And that's all they needed to know, they didn't care about anything a NTer had to say about it, some of them just wanted to say that they had some serious heat in their closets.

Even the dude Rock, he obviously has affiliation with Nike but I've never seen him try to convince anyone about a particular shoe. I've never even seen him give his opinion on a shoe. Just facts. 

There's no reason for Nike to hype their products on here.

I might be the only who feels this way, but NT is a great tool for learning WHY consumers like and dislike a certain product. I enjoy the fact that a lot of the opinions shared on here are based on concrete issues like comfort, fit, quality, performance, price etc. Compared to the comment sections on other sneaker sites, the ones on here are well thought out and most of the time reasonable.

But I can't see why Nike would ever need to "hype" a shoe on here. This isn't known to be a crowd that is generally influenced by the hype, it's almost frowned upon on this site lol. There are also ideas shared here that have become pretty common on this site but aren't commonly expressed by the sneaker heads and casual buyers I speak to in real life. 

Basically, I enjoy reading the ideas expressed on NT because(IMO) I'm getting  the views and opinions of the "sneaker snobs," but I don't feel by any means that these ideas are the ideas of the general public. Nor do I feel like the general public is influenced by NT. I can't see Nike feeling like this site is the "gateway to the people." lol

I actually think Ebay would be a better "hype tool" than anything else

I think you get this because alot in the community here are older. When I first heard of NT was in a Slam magazine in like 2001 (yes I got my sneaker news in a magazine then lol) I immediately went home and jumped on. Alot of the post counts around here don't tell the story and alot of dudes have a long view of the sneaker enthusiast culture as I like to call it. So they dig a little more and give some great information and insight. This doesn't discount the newer members contributions but I think the combination of young and new distinguish NT a bit in that it gives a really rounded view but not necessarily the mainstream view.

I think you get this because alot in the community here are older. When I first heard of NT was in a Slam magazine in like 2001 (yes I got my sneaker news in a magazine then lol) I immediately went home and jumped on. Alot of the post counts around here don't tell the story and alot of dudes have a long view of the sneaker enthusiast culture as I like to call it. So they dig a little more and give some great information and insight. This doesn't discount the newer members contributions but I think the combination of young and new distinguish NT a bit in that it gives a really rounded view but not necessarily the mainstream view.
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom