OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Scrappy as the team has been lately, feel like we’re going to get washed tonight. CP3 and the Rox not gonna let a short handed Clippers squad hand them a second home L in a row...oh well.

They have guys out too though, including CP, Capela, and Mbah a Moute. For a team that already has a short rotation, being without 3 starters is a big deal.

That being said, I agree we're going to get washed :lol: :lol: Harden's still playing and that's all that matters haha.

outside of the top 4 teams in the west, every team is struggling, 5-8 are struggling just to stay .500 :lol:

^^^ Yeah, I just saw that CP isn’t playing tonight. That makes our chances a bit better. But still, my prediction is Rockets 124, Clippers 103.

Glenn holding Milos out tonight because we have back-to-back games. Whatever...I guess.

Guess it makes sense to play Milos in the more winnable game. **** Doc tho. **** Gallo too

Can we sign Jawun Evans to a Max extension tomorrow. He just knows how to play basketball.

Can we sign Jawun Evans to a Max extension tomorrow. He just knows how to play basketball.

Fam, he’s SO GOOD. On both ends.

His defense was fantastic on harden, including the flops

And I’m so glad Austin had that performance on nat’l tv man stop sleepinggg

^^^ There are several shots Austin put up that had me thinking WTF? initially, but they went down. Was that kind of night for him...:pimp:

- The thing with Austin, is that while he's not a steph curry level shooter, (Duh) he's a legit bonafide sniper in the league now. He's hit 40% of his last 555 attempts from 3. (129 regular season games) What's most impressive is that these aren't spot ups either. He's making these off the bounce. In that regard, he's hitting those 3's with steph like efficiency this year.

From an efficiency standpoint, I love it when guys who shoot as well as Austin take the amount of 3's that AR is taking. He's currently taking over 6 3's per game, and making them at a 40% clip. I wouldn't mind that attempt rate getting even higher than that, he's that good of a shooter to me.

- In other news, what no one thought would be a big deal for us this season is now, kind of a big deal. CJ Williams and Jamil Wilson, who both have shown that they're NBA level rotation players IMO, have somewhere around 9 days left a piece before we have to make a decision on their two way deals. They've been so good, that I don't think there's a question that the Clips keep them both.The question is how? I think they end up trading Brice to free up a slot. Issue here is that you're probably going to have to attach a 2nd rounder to move brice which kind of sucks, but regardless CJ Williams and Jamil Wilson have made an impression.

- I think all of us are against the tank now, but even if we were pro tanking I would have given up on it by now :lol: the clippers are unintentionally doing everything possible to tank without explicitly saying "WE ARE TANKING" they started the 2nd half with Jawun/Austin/CJ/Jamil/DJ or something like that. I mean currently, the clips have 4.5 rookies playing big time rotation minutes, none of which are close to being 1st round picks. You really can't get closer to rock bottom than that and if they're going to win games and stay in playoff contention with these guys playing big minutes, then you gotta rock with it.

- I think all of us are against the tank now, but even if we were pro tanking I would have given up on it by now :lol: the clippers are unintentionally doing everything possible to tank without explicitly saying "WE ARE TANKING" they started the 2nd half with Jawun/Austin/CJ/Jamil/DJ or something like that. I mean currently, the clips have 4.5 rookies playing big time rotation minutes, none of which are close to being 1st round picks. You really can't get closer to rock bottom than that and if they're going to win games and stay in playoff contention with these guys playing big minutes, then you gotta rock with it.

:lol: It's true. The overall mediocrity if the league is working in our favor, but still. We're following the tanking recipe and it's just not working. So, **** it. Just win, baby.

The way we've been playing lately, really makes me wonder what the hell was going on during the 9 game losing streak. Totally different team now in terms of focus, intensity and defensive rotations (most of the time). I guess it was a combo of DJ sulking at his contract situation and the new guys getting incorporated properly, etc.

I may be mistaken but I think we have he number 1 defense in the NBA in the last 8 games.

We gotta win tonight!

-Edit-

I just rewatched the game on the ESPN broadcast. God, I love Jawun. AR going ham. What a beautiful game.

*Also....
Love the fact that Doc has pulled the plug on the Thornwell experiment. He didn't show me anything that made me think he could have a positive impact. We should send him to Ontario and let him work on his game.

Last edited:
:lol: It's true. The overall mediocrity if the league is working in our favor, but still. We're following the tanking recipe and it's just not working. So, **** it. Just win, baby.

The way we've been playing lately, really makes me wonder what the hell was going on during the 9 game losing streak. Totally different team now in terms of focus, intensity and defensive rotations (most of the time). I guess it was a combo of DJ sulking at his contract situation and the new guys getting incorporated properly, etc.

I mean it's unrealistic to expect a real NBA team to trot out their G League team unless they're ran by Sam Hinkie and he lost his job doing that, so this is literally the closest you're going to get in this climate to "Tanking" I think. CJ Williams?! Jamil Wilson?! The team is featuring Lou Williams and Austin Rivers offensively :rofl: it's hilarious when you think about it.

And it may just be the ebbs and flows of a bad team. Don't think this roster is good, but this current roster has some real competitive spirit, and you'll win a few games more than you're supposed to off of that alone.

^^^ Yeah, I think what I give credit Doc the most for this season is not being stuck on certain rotations patterns. If a guy/unit is playing well, he rides with it for a while. Doesn’t just sub for the sake of subbing. It’s working.

lawdog1 lawdog1 you a fool and a half for that title lmfao

Im definitely going to the Rockets game in LA. I need to see that CP3 tribute video. The Grizzlies and Spurs playoff buzzer beaters :'(

Jawun has been so much better than I could have ever hoped for. He's a legit PG. Literally the only negative I see in his game right now is he has trouble defending without fouling. Some of that is not getting the benefit of the doubt on some calls but overall it's not even something that I'm concerned about. He's our PG of the future imo. I haven't been this excited about a 2nd round pick since DJ. Hoping he turns out just as good.

^^^ I’m also going to give some love to Lou Will. He’s not big for his position or particularly athletic, but dude just knows how to get buckets. It’s really pretty remarkable.

^^^ So, I’m kinda mad about them not getting a shot off on the last possession...

^^^ So, I’m kinda mad about them not getting a shot off on the last possession...

High key milos fault. The play was for Lou and Austin to come up off of pindowns on both sides, and Austin broke free, but Milos didn't even look in that direction, and as a result missed a semi wide open shot and from there it was straight chaos.

Back
Top Bottom