OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Doc gotta go.

I can't figure out how they couldn't figure out how to slow the Murray/jokic pnr. Even when Murray ran pnr with millsap, millsap hit a couple of 3s

doc just do not adapt and the nuggets (any team really) just had to outlast him per say, adjust and adjust til you find something and docs gon’ do the same thing even if its not working and it evident as the lead ballooned up to 20 and its because he just stuck with what he hoped would work

zu still a dnp on 4th and lou was in there even when missing lay ups and trezz scoring a few baskets in the 1st half became a curse, felt like they forced it on him in the paint the last few min there and dude was getting blocked by jokic

and that he doesnt believe in the ra-ra-ra and when someone pointed out the per/analytics dude said the eye test was that trezz been playing good when no one else saw the same thing

sucks to say, but i guess i’m just used to this disappointment but it just sucks way more in this age of social media

still a good season despite the biggest letdown ever, but hoping they make some big changes.
wouldn’t be surprised if doc is still there next season as a last shot to see effort, but i’m ready to move on from him, just not sure what coach is out there for the position

also ready to see us move lou and trezz for other pieces. we’re really lacking a playmaker and honestly just dudes who can ball on both sides of the court. love the culture they created and all they’ve done for us, but they just don’t work in the playoffs especially alongside kawhi and pg

gonna be lots of tough decisions made this off-season but i trust our front office knows what they’re doing

First thing the Clippers gotta do is do anything and everything to make sure Zubac ain't your starting center next year.

Then get rid of Lou and Harrell. Get rid of PG as well. He ain't it.

Move on from Trez and Lou ASAP. Replace them with more championship friendly players.

Empower Zu, and hope for more internal development.

Let Doc go (Don't think this is happening)

I think we all expected this game 7 result. If you didn’t you’re a more optimistic person than I am :lol:

We lost the series in Game 6. Game 5 was a bad loss but to come back and blow an even bigger lead in the same exact way.Then to do the same thing in game 7. That’s all on Doc. Hearing him try to tell reporters that Zu is just as bad as Trez had me dying.

I’m excited to see who our next coach is.

What's up, fellas?

Sorry I've been ghost; was prompted by a bit of a health scare. Spent the night in the hospital due to an abnormal EKG test. Heart is fine, but some of my blood work came back not-so-good. Among other things, I'm pre-diabetic and my liver function is sub-par and trending downward. I was strongly encouraged to make some lifestyle changes to try and fix these issues before they get worse. Historically, I haven't been able to just stop drinking and keep everything else the same so this time I decided to try a major shake-up to my life routine. I've basically cut out all non-work related screen time and tried to replace it with more productive, active endeavors. Probably an overreaction on my part, but something I wanted to try. So, that's why I've been off NT.

As for the ending to the Clippers season, so absurd I'm choosing to just laugh about it. That IT happened again in this way with Kawhi Leonard on the team is just ridiculous. Life goes on though.

I actually hope the Lakers win it all. LA could use the pick-me-up and I think it would be good for the NBA as a whole.

Keep your heads up everyone.

What's up, fellas?

Sorry I've been ghost; was prompted by a bit of a health scare. Spent the night in the hospital due to an abnormal EKG test. Heart is fine, but some of my blood work came back not-so-good. Among other things, I'm pre-diabetic and my liver function is sub-par and trending downward. I was strongly encouraged to make some lifestyle changes to try and fix these issues before they get worse. Historically, I haven't been able to just stop drinking and keep everything else the same so this time I decided to try a major shake-up to my life routine. I've basically cut out all non-work related screen time and tried to replace it with more productive, active endeavors. Probably an overreaction on my part, but something I wanted to try. So, that's why I've been off NT.

As for the ending to the Clippers season, so absurd I'm choosing to just laugh about it. That IT happened again in this way with Kawhi Leonard on the team is just ridiculous. Life goes on though.

I actually hope the Lakers win it all. LA could use the pick-me-up and I think it would be good for the NBA as a whole.

Keep your heads up everyone.

Health is wealth bro, glad you're taking time for yourself. Gonna do the same.

I think we all expected this game 7 result. If you didn’t you’re a more optimistic person than I am :lol:

We lost the series in Game 6. Game 5 was a bad loss but to come back and blow an even bigger lead in the same exact way.Then to do the same thing in game 7. That’s all on Doc. Hearing him try to tell reporters that Zu is just as bad as Trez had me dying.

this is what i am afraid of, im not saying people are giving doc a pass as this is a huge blemish on his record but outside of nt and few twitter takes, not many are putting this all on doc, i listened to a few pods and analyst and they barely mentioned doc

plus it is well known that players love doc especially the stars and thats probably what sold kawhi to the clips, doc has no practices and the stars get that star treatment so is he going to have some say in getting rid of doc and if he does i can see him wanting to run it back with him

i think they need some fringe players that are more consistent with scoring off the bench, doesnt need to be the 6th man lou and trezz are because then they become to reliant on them and when they do no produce and doc stays then the team is stuck

like seeing burke and morris from the other team in the two series and how they make the small plays or make that one or two basket or even get hot out of nowhere and helps with the win and i am jealous, even someone like seth curry

i know we need more bigs but i think a sign and trade for jrue (+ a big?) for trezz will be great, i know jrue is old but players still seems to find him the best defender in the guard spot and be that additional playmaker that i do think kawhi needs, put patbev as the 6th man off the bench

^^^ I’m not necessarily saying Doc should go because I don’t have a good idea for a replacement. But I can’t easily look past the fact there have been only 12 occasions in NBA history when teams have blown 3-1 playoff leads and he’s been the head coach of three of those teams. (In addition to his Celtics blowing a 3-2 lead in the 2010 Finals).

The fact it’s happened to him on 3 different occasions, with 3 different groups of players makes me feel like his coaching has to be part of it. Just seems to be something lacking in his ability to get his teams to respond well when things start going sideways.

The grittiness and mental toughness of the post-Blake/pre-Kawhi teams was an aberration, due to them playing with a chip on their shoulders because nobody took them seriously.

^ ^ ^
i mean when the dude do not believe in "ra-ra-ras" and speeches to pump up their players and then you see that they pretty much lost the last 3 games almost exactly the same way meant he simply did not adapt and its the same thing with the lob city team where he just wants to keep doing the same plays over and over again and hope that it eventually works

i honestly would take a chance at sam cassell at this point if jerry west cant find any suitable coaches out there but theres adrian griffin under nurse right now, i think donovan did well in what he had with okc too

i mean i still feel like docs riding that one championship horse when he was gifted that super team and really not much else he accomplished after that so its not like you're replacing a legendary coach, im just glad a lot more people are seeing what ive been trying to say for what feels like half a decade now

lawdog1 lawdog1 damn man. What are someof the things the doctor told you to give up? I’ll give up one of those things with you in solidarity mane

Well it's Doc he's not going anywhere per Haynes so there goes that :lol:

And I agree. The game 7 loss isn't that frustrating, because if your two best players go 10/38 you're losing every time. But IMO doc tricked off two spectacular PG and Kawhi games in games 5 and 6, and that's what you should be mad about because bad shooting nights happen, plenty of all time greats have shot poorly in a game 7.

Oh well

Said this on the pod, but

Think the team needs a reliable back up center

a reliable PG that's not Pat Bev. Pat Bev was great this year, but too injury prone. This is going to be a tough one, because bringing in a reliable PG on paper won't work with Pat / Lou / Shamet log jam and I'm still in on Shamet but someone will probably get traded in this glut here.

Resign Morris and JaMychal at whatever the cost.

And they should be right in the mix again. Paul George's low points in the playoffs are concerning. He has spectacular high points, but his low points are scary for your 2nd best player.

Back
Top Bottom