OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

The FO wanted him to play Zu over Trez and this idiot was to stubborn to do so :rofl:

It’s wild. Both as a matter of the eye test and stats Trez clearly sucked in the playoffs and was hurting the team. And that honestly should even be surprising considering he was thrown right into the playoff rotation despite not playing in any of the seeding games. I really can’t fathom what the **** Doc was thinking.

i want to see the numbers with lou on the court too

it really would have been better if he just got banned after the lemon pepper bs

Lou was pretty bad too. He never really got going offensively and was immediately targeted on defense whenever he got in the games.

a quick look and lou averaged 25 min a game in the denver series shooting 35% fg and 16% from the arc

and we already know how bad he is on defense

a quick look and lou averaged 25 min a game in the denver series shooting 35% fg and 16% from the arc

and we already know how bad he is on defense

Those numbers make me even more made about what I consider one of the biggest sequences in the Denver series.
It was in game 5 - was very late in the game and were down 2 with the ball. Doc subbed out Pat Bev for Lou. Lou missed a 3 and then gave one up to MPJ on the other end. Put us down 5 and that was basically it.

Why go offense/defense with Pat and Lou in that situation when Lou hadn’t been doing anything offensively? Just one of the many glaring errors Doc made.

whats even funnier is pat averaged 20 min per game and shot 50% fg and 25% from behind the arc in the denver series...

i mean 25% if crap from behind the arc but still waaaay better than 16%

but you know, doc said he trust the eye test and numbers means nothing to him

Any updates with our coaching hire? Hearing Mike Brown made an impression with our Front Office. I usually would NOT be down with Mike Brown due to his previous Head Coaching Job with the Lakers but maybe his years with GSW, he has changed and updated his Basketball IQ to mimic today's NBA style. Cuz if he's trying to run his Princeton Office, he can miss me with that bullish!

Any updates with our coaching hire? Hearing Mike Brown made an impression with our Front Office. I usually would NOT be down with Mike Brown due to his previous Head Coaching Job with the Lakers but maybe his years with GSW, he has changed and updated his Basketball IQ to mimic today's NBA style. Cuz if he's trying to run his Princeton Office, he can miss me with that bullish!

Heard the same thing about Brown’s interview going well. But there is reports today that Ty Lue is still very much in the mix. Haven’t heard about them interviewing anyone else, so I’m expecting it to be one of those two.

Really want us to hire a first timer
I'm on same boat since we have really seen success throughout the league over the last few years with 1st time head coaches. I do know I don't want the usual carousal of failed coaches that jump team to team. I'm done with the Doc era and his coaching tree so I'm cool with Ty Lue going elsewhere. Seeing Vogel succeed with the Lakers does make me think guys like Mike Brown can have success after a few yrs away.

There it is. Kind of wanted someone from outside of the Doc coaching tree, but I’m cool with this. Wonder if Cassell stays on as an assistant?

WeLp! Ty Lue it is. An obviously safe hire but like I stated before, if we are getting rid of Doc, we should get rid of all things Doc. I understand the hire as it keeps players familiar with a coach and they can continue to build what they already have and maybe having the same overall message with a new leading voice will carry them over the top but I guess time will tell. At least Ty has lead a team coming back from a 3-1 deficit rather than losing it. I'm also hearing Billups will be the lead assistant which I'm cool with. He's won at the highest level and was apart of a great defensive team in those Piston years. Our defense was overrated and going to need to really pick up that side of the game. Hopefully we can also bring in the Glove as an assistant as I have read he wants to coach in the league.

i am hearing billups might become his assistant so he is brining new people in with new look to the game if true

also, lue has had somewhat of a reputation of changes plyas and trying different things so that is good as doc is going to stick to what he knows and rarely adapts and i am pretty sure he saw where doc went wrong during this year and how they lost

we'd have to see but i do think its somewhat of an upgrade from the way doc has been running things old school

I’m with the Ty Lue hire all the way

showed his mettle as a hc in the biggest of moments, hugely underrated as an offensive hc, and probably most importantly is that he’s willing to make adjustments for the sake of winning

even beyond all of that, Lue literally just needs to be competent. The team will be good enough opening night

Clips were 2nd in offense last year while being below league avg in 3PA and 3PA

what that means (to me) is that the clippers can walk into elite territory (top 5 off top 5 def)off of talent alone an STILL have so much room for improvement offensively. Normally don’t get that from an offense as efficient as LAC was last year

Lue’s 5 out stuff and malleable could unlock the Clippers in a major way

Looks like the roster will be pretty much in tact for next year? Maybe rondo and a few other moves? Hopefully this new staff erases all of the issues we have been plagued with in the locker room during the doc era.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom