OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Tough loss. Not super mad though. Liked the fight in the second half. Good lesson about keeping the defensive energy up at all times. Defense will always keep you in it even when you don’t shoot well.

Yeah, so, Morris? What’s up with him? They don’t talk about it during the broadcasts.

Yeah, so, Morris? What’s up with him? They don’t talk about it during the broadcasts.

no clue but have a feeling whatever it is, might be worse than what was initially knee "soreness"
thought he'd be back by now but already 2 weeks into the season and he's still out. not like we're terrible without him, but would love to finally have a healthy squad and build chemistry with him in the rotation.

Cut two 20-point leads to 1 and couldn’r get over the hump. I think we shot under 40% for the game :lol:

must have missed about 6 or7 bunnies

Cut two 20-point leads to 1 and couldn’r get over the hump. I think we shot under 40% for the game :lol:

must have missed about 6 or7 bunnies

Might even have been more bunnies than that. Plus, Kawhi, Lou and PG all missed FTs too. Rim was very unkind.

kawhi bricking everything tonight, thank god for PG being hot
also batum seeming like a really great pick up now, guess he isn't so washed after all

kawhi bricking everything tonight, thank god for PG being hot
also batum seeming like a really great pick up now, guess he isn't so washed after all

i think being on a contender got his mojos going again

he was arguably the best player in hist last playoff run a few years ago before he got hurt and then he got buried on the bench but being a 4th or 5th option and he can really shine

batuns careers reinvigorated, at this point i want him starting over morris

dudes a decent playmaker and looks super consistent behind the arc

not a big fan of those who want batum in the starting 5. wouldn't mind him coming off the bench when he comes back to ease his way back into the game, but need to see a bigger sample size before wanting batum with the starting unit.

however, i would not mind a closing 5 that consist of batum, pg, kawhi, morris and serge

i want pat bev in the closing line up because dude would get a timely block or timely steal or timely rebound or even a timely 3 at times and not afraid to do so

i feel like morris still dont want the ball at the end of the clock, he's been hesitant to take shots even open ones

that is enough sample size for me to keep him there, he feels like the glue as he can take the ball and play a bit of a point and thats what this team needs

the current starting 5 is the best in the league right now at +38 before tonights games so id prefer morris' firepower coming off the bench

Missed the game today. Will watch later. I need us to make a move for Rubio. Bev, Morris, lou idc if we have to give up one of those guys.

Missed the game today. Will watch later. I need us to make a move for Rubio. Bev, Morris, lou idc if we have to give up one of those guys.

Think you might be overestimating how much Pretty Ricky can improve the team. I’d like to see what things look like when Morris gets back before we flip a rotation guy for Rubio.

i want pat bev in the closing line up because dude would get a timely block or timely steal or timely rebound or even a timely 3 at times and not afraid to do so

i feel like morris still dont want the ball at the end of the clock, he's been hesitant to take shots even open ones

that is enough sample size for me to keep him there, he feels like the glue as he can take the ball and play a bit of a point and thats what this team needs

the current starting 5 is the best in the league right now at +38 before tonights games so id prefer morris' firepower coming off the bench

i agree with most of what you pointed out with the exception of 7 games being a decent enough sample size for you to evaluate everything. despite us playing really good teams so far, it’s still way too early in my opinion to make anything out of all this.

we also gave morris a big contract to stay so don’t expect him to be out of the starting 5. our rotation will for sure get better once he’s back and i trust ty lue will know how to adjust the line ups. PG has also been handling the ball a lot more so far and he’s been pretty good overall.

well my sample size includes morris' play from last season and batums playmaking and rotational defense > morris and the threes are a wash right now

thats enough to keep batum in the starting line up over morris for me

i get it, you're trying to be reasonable and what not, same with luke and all and i can wait a bit more for him (though book targeted him and it got him going and cut the 30pt lead to 20 before the half and his main job is to make baskets and not miss free throws and he cant even do that consistently) but me, i am sold on batum starting

i might start morris if going against dallas to annoy and trip luka but most nights they got to go with batum, they dont need morris' scoring in the starting 5 while the bench could use that added help

kawhi hasnt been the biggest offensive threat yet but...

stat.png

Zubac can't continue to lead the team in free throw attempts, I know that much.

Glad we have a more fluid coach that will have the guts to change starting lineups/rotations if need be.

Back
Top Bottom