OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

^^^ I wasn’t pointing those numbers out as an excuse for the losses, especially considering we had a great chance to win like 4 of those games and just blew it. Rather, it gives me some home that the team can improve just by staying healthy and having the line-ups be more consistent. And we need to.

Kawhi is “questionable” and Morris is “doubtful” for tonight. My guess is that neither plays, so this is going to be another tough one because the Wizards have been playing much better as of late.

kawhi back but then pg out

led by 16 in the half and now down the first half of the third

got to pick things up now

they got to stop jumping on russys fake 3s, just let him shoot that instead of letting him drive or taking the defender away from beal leaving him wide open

theres an nba rule right, if youre down a possession or two with a few minutes left, a basket only count if its behind the arc?

because this has got to be the only damn reason why theyre playing like this

like wtf

Last three games sucked. Period. Break is coming when we need some time off. Hopefully the players and coaching staff figure out over the next week that we need to actually win close games sometimes.

Now hoping both Kawhi and PG don’t play more than 5 minutes each in the ASG.

I’m pretty confident we’ll do something. We’ve been pretty consistent with making deadline deals during the Larry Frank era.

I don’t know about pulling the trigger on Lowry though. Unless another team were to be involved people are saying we’d have to give up Lou, PatBev and Zu to get Lowry. I don’t know if getting him while giving up all those guys up would make us much better than we are now.

I like Rubio or George Hill as trade targets more.

some good points but #2 kind of worries me, i havent seen kawhi be as clutch as expected like last night he made that last second 3 to get them closer but i do think it was his only field goal in the second half, im just afraid kawhi might be on a down swing but on a faster pace than we thought? its a really weird year so i dont want to think of it that way but its definitely creeped into my mind

as for reason #3, i really hope so and he tries to pull off a spoelstra and then unleash zone when least expected

they really need the break so hopefully everyone comes back refreshed and ready to go...

and kennard is traded

Beverly is only gonna stay healthy (hopefully) if he gets 20 mins or less a game. He's breaking down now and he isn't even getting 24 mins a game on avg. (23.8 )

Too many bad situation 3s. You're down 9, patpat misses a 3, Zion comes down and bullies his way to an easy 2, now the Clippers are down 11. Miss another 3 early in the shot clock, Zion built ball again, kicks it out to lonzo for a corner 3, lac down 14.

I'm down with taking good 3s, but you gotta play situational basketball. It's ok to pass up a good 3 for a great layup sometimes.

Mooks timing is horrible. I see what Bill Simmons means with him. When you swing it thru to him, he has this half a second pause that boggs everything down. He rarely makes split decisions, and most of the time looks for his own shot first.

Imo

Last edited:
^^^ Yeah, Morris is a good one-on-one player versus favorable match-ups; but he doesn’t bring that much too the table.

Back
Top Bottom