OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

cant believe gon say this but they need ibaka in there to guard giannis and take out patbev, ibaka was doing well against giannis and he was finally making his shots

no reason for patbev to be out there

I only saw the last 5 minutes of the game but the difference in those 5 minutes was pretty simply.

Milwaukee got like 8 free throws to our 0. PG taking unnecessary 3’s didn’t help.

it made no sense, dude was hitting all types of shots including stretching the court with his 3s and they really back in the game because he slowed down giannis

also dont know why they went away with kawhi posts, its not like they switched up on him

game had a lot of bad decision by ty

shouldve won that one but couldnt make a shot at the end and defense needs lots of work still

role players didn't seem to have a big impact as the past couple of games, but just glad to see serge start knocking shots down... onto the next

I’m pretty worried about the late game offense. We’ve had a few of these games this season when we just can’t get a bucket at the end, when we need it. Too much iso, too many jumpers.

I’m pretty worried about the late game offense. We’ve had a few of these games this season when we just can’t get a bucket at the end, when we need it. Too much iso, too many jumpers.

noticed this too and seems to have been an issue to me since last year. seems pretty predictable since ball is gonna end up in kawhi's hand taking either a long mid range or 3 for the last shot

And I really think Lue has to experiment with a different closing line up. He’s been going with a small ball group in tight games against good teams and it hasn’t been working.

Morris has become kind of a one-trick-pony. He helps if he’s hitting 3s, but doesn’t do much otherwise. But he keeps getting crunch time minutes.

they are terrible in crunch time stats (i think less than 5min remaining in a close game), i think bill simmons mentioned theyre like 20th or maybe even lower, i forget but theyre kind of terrible in it

they are terrible in crunch time stats (i think less than 5min remaining in a close game), i think bill simmons mentioned theyre like 20th or maybe even lower, i forget but theyre kind of terrible in it

last i checked, we logged in one of the fewest amount of minutes played during those "clutch" moments which is for sure going to make our stats look bad when compared to the teams that rank towards the top. this also just shows how good we have been doing in building up good leads to win games

but i don't excuse them from the poor play since we are more than capable of doing better with the roster/coach we have.
if we can blow teams out, we should be able to show to play during these high pressure moments

It’s great that we’re such a proficient 3 point shooting team, but we have to make more of an effort to go inside, in part to get more fouls on the other team. We have great FT shooters, but don’t get to the line nearly as much as we should.

If PG starts attacking more; he might starting getting more calls to go his way.

last i checked, we logged in one of the fewest amount of minutes played during those "clutch" moments which is for sure going to make our stats look bad when compared to the teams that rank towards the top. this also just shows how good we have been doing in building up good leads to win games

but i don't excuse them from the poor play since we are more than capable of doing better with the roster/coach we have.
if we can blow teams out, we should be able to show to play during these high pressure moments

if this is the stats simmons were basing it on of, then that doesnt add up as the sixers is #1 playing 19 games while the clips played 15 (not including today) and are 19th

and while the clips are 11th in the offense, they are dead last on def and second to last in net rating

Rubio would solve a lot of those larte game offensive issues 👀

Yeah, I’m not as confident about that as you seem to be. At the end of the day, whoever the point guard is, it’s still going to be Kawhi and PG taking the big shots. They have to be better about making them.

Yeah, I’m not as confident about that as you seem to be. At the end of the day, whoever the point guard is, it’s still going to be Kawhi and PG taking the big shots. They have to be better about making them.

that last shot by kawhi was terrible, can't believe that's what they came up with out of a timeout lol

yah not sure why he rushed it, he could have taken a jab step and taken a closer shot

pg actually did drove a few times, there was just no calls and he didnt make them, like that giannis challenge, commentators said giannis jumped straight up when he really didnt because his arm as extended forward

It’s about getting those dudes in a better position to score. We don’t have a single player on the team who we can depend on to even get an entry pass in, or manipulate the defense to get someone else a shot. Kawhi and PG off ball, runing off screens and misdirections and then getting the ball > Kawhi or PG getting the ball 30 feet from the rim and iso-ing. Doesn’t have to be rubio, but it can’t be any of the guys we have now.

It’s about getting those dudes in a better position to score. We don’t have a single player on the team who we can depend on to even get an entry pass in, or manipulate the defense to get someone else a shot. Kawhi and PG off ball, runing off screens and misdirections and then getting the ball > Kawhi or PG getting the ball 30 feet from the rim and iso-ing. Doesn’t have to be rubio, but it can’t be any of the guys we have now.

That’s fair, but I also think this a philosophy problem as much as personnel. Just so one dimensional in late game situations. Why not run more P-n-R action just to get switches? It’s just give it to PG or Kawhi and hope for something good to happen.

Reactions: HIM
Back
Top Bottom