OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account  @WojVerticalNBA 15m15 minutes ago
Sources: Chris Paul and his agents met with Clippers officials today, discussed future. They'll talk again soon.
nerd.gif

^^^ Encouraging.

Relatedly, word is Boston is working hard to get both PG and G.Hayward. The good news for us there is that, if BOS succeeds, they'll no longer have room for Blake.

I saw today the one of suitors for BG is the Nuggets. That I just don't see. Leaving a bunch of money on the table to go play in Denver? Nah.

Saw a trade proposal today - DJ and Wes to Denver; we get Faried, Darrell Arthur, Mudiay and one other player.

First, I don't know why Denver would want DJ when they have Jokic. And, if Blake comes back, Faried's not much use to us. Pass.

If CP was determined to leave, glad we got something for him, but not sure about the pieces we did get.

So long CP.

What a ride. One of my goats. But it is what it is.

Jerry on board. I'm assuming Blake is out too now. Rebuild.

I'm not so sure Blake's gone. In some ways I think CP leaving may be a positive for Blake. It's his team for sure now - if he wants it.

I'm not so sure Blake's gone. In some ways I think CP leaving may be a positive for Blake. It's his team for sure now - if he wants it.
Let's hope this is the case. PG Blake was awesome whenever he wasn't with CP. What an opportunity for him.

My ***** AR, it's your time
smokin.gif

These last few playoff runs shaved years off of my life anyway
laugh.gif

Man I'm excited as hell. Hope CP3 wins a ring in houston.

As long as Blake stays, I'm skraight. This season will be a little rough, but 2018 will be lit :pimp:

Hell of a ride. Best of luck to the Point God. Watching him with the Clips was some of the best basketball I've seen a PG play.

Blake staying?

Apparently, behind the scenes it was going to be either or. Both weren't coming back.

So much goes on behind the scenes now with players coming together that we as fans don't know.

Regardless, the word is that the Clippers can pay Blake the most money, and he can get back to playing as a #1 option, with DJ, and having fun again without the pressure of winning that CP brought.

The Clipper team was winning, but they weren't nearly as fun as they were when CP first got here.

Apparently, behind the scenes it was going to be either or. Both weren't coming back.

So much goes on behind the scenes now with players coming together that we as fans don't know.

Regardless, the word is that the Clippers can pay Blake the most money, and he can get back to playing as a #1 option, with DJ, and having fun again without the pressure of winning that CP brought.

The Clipper team was winning, but they weren't nearly as fun as they were when CP first got here.

Yeah, if Blake comes back, I'm happy about the trade. We weren't catching GSW with the team the way it was. Now we're getting younger, more assists and more flexibility in the future. The thought of paying CP3 $30 million a year when he's 35+ is no Bueno.

Plus, I think more deals are coming. I can't imagine the grand plan is to have both Lou Williams and Crawford on the same team.

Yeah, if Blake comes back, I'm happy about the trade. We weren't catching GSW with the team the way it was. Now we're getting younger, more assists and more flexibility in the future. The thought of paying CP3 $30 million a year when he's 35+ is no Bueno.

Plus, I think more deals are coming. I can't imagine the grand plan is to have both Lou Williams and Crawford on the same team.
Even if Blake doesn't come back, it may suck to lose again but with Jerry in the fold along with having all of our lotto picks, we can start the rebuilding process right.

But I hope Blake comes back for sure. We were lowkey robbed of Blake's peak / prime brilliance by pairing him with CP and JJ. It stunted his growth a bit. I wrote about it in here earlier this year. Hopefully he can come back and we can see what Blake w/o CP actually looks like

Not thrilled to see cp go. But, to get a pick, Beverly and Lou Williams back...

Hopefully we will re-sign bg.

I've been increasingly open to the thought that maybe he was our biggest reason why we won, and the biggest reason why we lost.

Maybe he's more of a boss and less of a leader?

Either way, i wish him luck in Houston

Last edited:
^^^ I think the Warriors being what they are made the decision easier. There's a window of another 3 years that they'll be the prohibitive favorites in the NBA. That would be the prime of the contract we would have given CP3. Just didn't make a lot of sense to max him out for 5 years under the circumstances. It was the right thing to do.

^^^ I think the Warriors being what they are made the decision easier. There's a window of another 3 years that they'll be the prohibitive favorites in the NBA. That would be the prime of the contract we would have given CP3. Just didn't make a lot of sense to max him out for 5 years under the circumstances. It was the right thing to do.
Well from what I'm gathering Jerry West vehemently didn't want to bring the same roster back, and was against paying Chris 50Ms at 38 years old. The thinking is that if first 3 years are the best years of the deal, and they are in the middle of GS's run, it just isn't worth it.

Jerry bringing a view on deals that doc didn't...a long view. While I would have still done it, I'm not a GM lol if I were a GM then it's a different story.

Back
Top Bottom