OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

this is BS, both have gone on record how horrible there relationship is. they pretty much never had one

YES . He can score and is athletic . But he doesn't have a consistent jumper , can't shoot free throws well , has no defense , bad footwork , no post up game , and is always injured . But you know what I mean , he will score and get you wins , but really winning in the playoffs or championships , I don't think so . And that's what you want out of a franchise player . He's just has too many holes in his game .

Most of this is just wrong. It would have been true in 2013, but not now. Can't shoot FTs? He shot 76 percent last year. His outside shot is actually pretty consistent now and he even shot 35 percent from 3. Statistically, he's become an above average defender. He also can handle the ball and pass really well for a guy his size.

He does indeed have some holes in his game, yes. But he is absolutely a "good" player. Very good.

Most of this is just wrong. It would have been true in 2013, but not now. Can't shoot FTs? He shot 76 percent last year. His outside shot is actually pretty consistent now and he even shot 35 percent from 3. Statistically, he's become an above average defender. He also can handle the ball and pass really well for a guy his size.

He does indeed have some holes in his game, yes. But he is absolutely a "good" player. Very good.
Actually your'r right about the free throws . I admit that and yes his jump shot has improved a lot , but his jump shot still needs a ton of work , just like darn near all of the NBA . I'm not trying to single him out . And yes he can handle the ball well for a big and pass , but the footwork being bad and no post game is something he needs to improve upon tremendously . I don't care about him as a player but I understand his value to a team . He will make the owner money by putting fans in the seats and selling merchandise .

Actually your'r right about the free throws . I admit that and yes his jump shot has improved a lot , but his jump shot still needs a ton of work , just like darn near all of the NBA . I'm not trying to single him out . And yes he can handle the ball well for a big and pass , but the footwork being bad and no post game is something he needs to improve upon tremendously . I don't care about him as a player but I understand his value to a team . He will make the owner money by putting fans in the seats and selling merchandise .

To be clear, I'm not saying I'm confident Blake can be a number 1 franchise player. I have my doubts about that too. He's probably better suited as a 2nd or even 3rd option. But he's a very good player, I want the Clips to bring him back and hope he proves me wrong about being a number 1 option.

Anthony davis is a franchise level player and he can't even make the playoffs

I'm not saying blake is on those guys levels, but what I am saying is that the idea of blake not being able to be a #1 option for a championship level team is silly because almost no one is

So lemme get this straight,

Doc had a chance to trade for Melo,

But looked at Jamal and Austin, his son whom he doesn't even have a close relationship with, and said "Nah, we're good."

to be honest, just seeing how much he loves JCrossover and lets him chuck shots like JR Smith makes me kind of believe it :lol:

We had a chance to win a ring and doc ran this franchise into the ground.

We had a chance to win a ring and doc ran this franchise into the ground.
Doc didn't blow the end of game 5 in OKC or game 6 against Houston.

At the end of the day, Doc and the FO had a very tough job when they got here, which was to field a competent championship level team around CP/Blake/DJ. I'm not trying to give doc some slack, but I don't think fans realize how tough it is to field a team when you have 3 players on max level deals. Hitting late in the draft is hard, hitting on the Vet minimum is hard, those little things are hard and Doc and the FO did indeed fail on this, but most do.

Factor in your best players being consistently injured at key moments and you have an underachieving team.

To be clear, I'm not saying I'm confident Blake can be a number 1 franchise player. I have my doubts about that too. He's probably better suited as a 2nd or even 3rd option. But he's a very good player, I want the Clips to bring him back and hope he proves me wrong about being a number 1 option.
I get what your'e saying, it's all good . To be honest , the Clippers are my unofficial 2nd team . I'm a Bulls fan through and through , but i have always watched Clippers games on tv and attended games too . Me being from socal , my brother being a Clippers fan , and not liking the Lakers whatsoever , I just always kind of rooted for the Clippers to do well . Been checking them out since the early 90's. I want them to do well .

Last edited:
And sure Doc and the Clippers mismanaged their picks, and failed to get young talent to develop, and missed in FA.

but at the end of the day no roster is perfect. Top heavy teams are going to have holes. The Warriors, Cavs, all the great teams in the league have to draft late, and have to sign the Iman Shumperts and Richard Jefferson and Ian Clark's of the world.

The difference, is that their top players were healthy and elite. They are supposed to override your roster's deficiencies which is what Lebron, Kyrie, Steph, and KD do.

But when your best players consistently are off the floor and miss time due to injuries, your holes become more pronounced and that IMO is what happened with the LA Clippers.

50+ wins every year and you couldn't even stay healthy. This more than Doc's ineptness did the clippers in.

^^^ Yep. Goodness knows I have my issues with Doc and feel like we should have made one WCF, but I can't say we should have won a chip in the CP3 era. Would have had to get past the Spurs and/or Warriors in the West and then take out a LeBron Heat or Cavs team. Tall order.

^^^ Yep. Goodness knows I have my issues with Doc and feel like we should have made one WCF, but I can't say we should have won a chip in the CP3 era. Would have had to get past the Spurs and/or Warriors in the West and then take out a LeBron Heat or Cavs team. Tall order.
When you have a team though, who has tied up that much money into those 3 players, those 3 players are supposed to be able to tackle that tall order.

And when they were on the floor together, for the most part they were able to tackle that order. When Chris was on the floor for us last season, the Clippers were spectacular.

But when the people that tie up your cap consistently miss 20 games, 40 games in a season, you're killing yourself because the margins are so small out west that those things matter.

Kawhi, Steph, James Harden, Draymond, etc.the tall order that we have to face, their guys stay on the floor. Ours didn't. It is what it is.

I'm just glad to see the Clippers in a good spot . They've built a winning culture and I'm confident this will continue for many more years , with or without Paul .

Last edited:
I'm just glad to see the Clippers in a good spot . They've built a winning culture and I'm confident this will continue for many more years , with or without Paul .

I don't see this at all.

If Blake walks, clippers will be the old clippers for a long time IMO.

Whatever happens with Blake , the Clippers are a destination for future players . They have a winning culture established , a great owner , playing in LA and a new arena coming . They should be good moving forward regardless . At least I hope so . 

Last edited:
I like your optimism but none of that is really true other than the new arena :lol:

They haven't won anything... even the past few years they could never acquire the key players or solid vets needed to come to the team for the minimum or major pay cut.

All the reports are Lebron and the BBC boys will never play for the clippers... blah, blah, blah.

Take that how you want it... but if he walks I think it's over.

Last edited:

Whatever happens with Blake , the Clippers are a destination for future players . They have a winning culture established , a great owner , playing in LA and a new arena coming . They should be good moving forward regardless . At least I hope so . 
Man wth u talking about?

Clippers lucked into CP time is up they are Kings status once Blake goes to OKC or Miami this summer

Man wth u talking about?

Clippers lucked into CP time is up they are Kings status once Blake goes to OKC or Miami this summer
But who says he's leaving ? He may or may not . I don't know his intentions , I'm just being optimistic . If he stays they will continue to be a good team, not contenders but a good team .

Last edited:
No, the Clippers haven't won anything significant yet, but they now have the richest owner in the league, who actually cares about winning (unlike DTS) and it willing to spend to keep the team relevant. Blake and CP also have proved that Clippers stars can be legit superstars that have opportunities that transcend basketball. So, yeah, if Blake walks we could have some rough years, but we're not going back to being a perennial joke that nobody wants anything to do with now that Ballmer is the owner.

Back
Top Bottom