OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

But who says he's leaving ? He may or may not . I don't know his intentions , I'm just being optimistic . If he stays they will continue to be a good team, not contenders but a good team .
He has no reason to stay other than his kids....

If he stays he did it to remain close to them 

No, the Clippers haven't won anything significant yet, but they now have the richest owner in the league, who actually cares about winning (unlike DTS) and it willing to spend to keep the team relevant. Blake and CP also have proved that Clippers stars can be legit superstars that have opportunities that transcend basketball. So, yeah, if Blake walks we could have some rough years, but we're not going back to being a perennial joke that nobody wants anything to do with now that Ballmer is the o
Agreed . 

Last edited:

Um, money is another reason. Clips can pay him more than anyone else. Also, Blake is actively involved with a bunch of film and TV projects. There's no better place to do that than LA. So, there's actually a few reasons he'd stay.

Whatever happens with Blake , the Clippers are a destination for future players . They have a winning culture established , a great owner , playing in LA and a new arena coming . They should be good moving forward regardless . At least I hope so . 
Man wth u talking about?

Clippers lucked into CP time is up they are Kings status once Blake goes to OKC or Miami this summer

FOH cuh.

Yeah the extra 40million dollars, and film and tv projects, and his best friend being on the team matters none lol

Not saying he will stay (I don't think he will anymore) but there's definitely reasons for him to stay.

Yeah the extra 40million dollars, and film and tv projects, and his best friend being on the team matters none lol

Not saying he will stay (I don't think he will anymore) but there's definitely reasons for him to stay.
CP had all that also and left to party with Slim Thug and Bun B

CP had all that also and left to party with Slim Thug and Bun B

They're two different people with different priorities. Plus, Blake's been in CP's shadow since CP got here. He may want see what it's like to be the Alpha dog here.

Yes, it's possible he leaves, but there are actually lots of reasons for him to stay. So, we'll see.

older interview from April @6:03 mark. Kenyon Martin: "Chris Paul handicaps everybody on the team." It's funny I was watching this late last night, before all the stuff went down this morning.

Last edited:
^^^ So CP3 left both because Doc didn't trade Austin and because Doc didn't play Austin enough? Mind blown. Gotta love the Internet/Social media age...

I don't think Blake is coming back,

BUT,

I wouldn't be surprised if he did a 1+1. Financially he makes more money this way, gives one more look at this version of the Clippers, and gives him the chance to leave LAC with DJ should next season go bad.

I think Blake stays. But if he go we will be Ok. There is a possibility of having upwards to 70 million (heard on ESPN) in cap space if Blake leaves and Deandre comes off the books next summer. Unfortunately its starting from scratch per say but its 3 max slots and its still LOS ANGELES. We will be ok.

Luc Mbah a Moute has declined his player option for the 2017-18 season.

He's leaving $2.3 million on the table, but this was an expected move as the 30-year-old veteran looks to secure a long-term deal and take advantage of the rising salary cap. He averaged 6.1 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.0 steals in 22.3 minutes per game last season.

According to ESPN's Michael Eaves, Blake Griffin (toe) may not be ready for the start of the season and could be out until December.

He suffered an injury to the plantar plate of his right big toe in Game 3 of the series against Utah and had surgery on May 1, but we haven't heard much about his rehab since then. ESPN's Ramona Shelburne said she has heard otherwise, as her source believes Griffin will be ready in time for the opener. With Chris Paul joining the Rockets, the No. 1 priority for the Clippers is to re-sign Griffin and the franchise is reportedly ready to offer him a five-year max deal.

Last edited:
Honestly re-signing Blake puts us in a middle position.

We'll not be able to contend against the west however we won't fail so hard which in turn will hurt our draft picks.

If Blake leaves then this is the blowup and tank time however i don't know if the Clips could recover from being a tank team. New stadium and rich owner aside, if the Clips can't maintain the momentum they've established these past 6 years we'll go back to being in the LAL shadows of obscurity.

Only on here will people openly advocate for not resigning a 28 year old stud.

It's as if #1 draft picks who put up 22/8/5 in their sleep come along everyday.

I swear
laugh.gif

Do you not see the Kings, Timberwolves, Magic, Pelicans, even the Lakers?

Blowing it up isn't some easy alternative. It may be years, or even a decade plus to recover. Maybe not with the new ownership and this being LA and maybe we'd get lucky in the draft, but you look at the aforementioned teams and they blew it up and the kings, T'Wolves, Magic, are approaching a decade of irrelevancy. So it's not like "Blowing it up" is the right thing to do. Makes no sense

That being said, this is Blake's decision and if he goes elsewhere we'll have no choice but to blow it up and start over but to advocate that is silly.

I'm completely in favor of bringing Blake back. Now that we're going to actually have some cap space in 2018, we're going to need him to help recruit FAs. Stars want to play with other stars.

I say resign him but without a no-trade clause so he at least becomes a trade asset in the future.

Like PCH said, building a contender through the draft is really tough. To do it, a team either has to pick generation-level superstar like LeBron or have a perfect storm of good luck with multiple picks maxing out their potential at the same time, like you have with the current Warriors.

older interview from April @6:03 mark. Kenyon Martin: "Chris Paul handicaps everybody on the team." It's funny I was watching this late last night, before all the stuff went down this morning.

This and cp3s sh**ty courtside manner is why I said he's the reason why we won so much and lost when it counted. There's a difference between a boss and a leader. Charles Barkley calls cp3 the best leader in the NBA. I believe he's the best boss in the NBA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom