OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

None of this matters IMO because he's so bad on defense, that it negates anything he does well on offense. He isn't good enough offensively to justify how piss poor he is defensively. Utah was picking on him like a child.

At the end of the day, you just make things infinitely tougher on yourself when you're trying to seriously compete, and have him as a vital part to your rotation.

I'm speaking in terms of working with what we've got.

What we've got is an old ball chucker that was never great on defense. We both know that. Add to that, he's on a bad contract that nobody wants.

It would be better to see him in positions that would make him more efficient on offense.

Believe me, nobody believes defense, rebounding and not turning over the ball means more to winning than I do. But, with you cut him, or do something different with him.

Last edited:

What we've got is an old ball chucker that was never great on defense. We both know that. Add to that, he's on a bad counteract that nobody wants.

It would be better to see him in positions that would make him more efficient on offense.

Believe me, nobody believes defense, rebounding and not turning over the ball means more to winning than I do. But, with you cut him, or do something different with him.
Yeah I feel you. I just really hate Jamal the basketball player, had to get that out for the 100th time
laugh.gif

None of this matters IMO because he's so bad on defense, that it negates anything he does well on offense. He isn't good enough offensively to justify how piss poor he is defensively. Utah was picking on him like a child.

At the end of the day, you just make things infinitely tougher on yourself when you're trying to seriously compete, and have him as a vital part to your rotation.

What we've got is an old ball chucker that was never great on defense. We both know that. Add to that, he's on a bad counteract that nobody wants.

Believe me, nobody believes defense, rebounding and not turning over the ball means more to winning than I do. But, either you cut him, or do something different with him

^^^ Unfortunately, I don't think Jamal is capable of playing differently. The way he works out is to play glorified pick up games all Summer and he has tons of Twitter followers who gas him up for his school-yard style. He's never going to give that up.

^^^ Unfortunately, I don't think Jamal is capable of playing differently. The way he works out is to play glorified pick up games all Summer and he has tons of Twitter followers who gas him up for his school-yard style. He's never going to give that up.

i agree 100%

my thinking is definitely wishful.

OAN

i am still one of the believers that it is time for doc to go.

^^^ With West on board now, I believe Doc is on a shorter leash. I think he'll get a chance this next season, but if the team underachieves again, he'll be out.

According to ESPN NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski, the Clippers will be aggressive in their pitch to free agent forward Danilo Gallinari. Wojnarowski discussed Gallinari’s free agency with Ramona Shelburne on Saturday’s episode of The Jump on ESPN2.

Woj noted that the Clippers’ aggressiveness will extend to their financial offer. He projected that Gallinari could make as much as $17-19 million, but there has been no indication what offer the Clippers are considering making the Italian forward. Currently, the Clippers only have the mid-level exception to offer free agents, worth a maximum of four years and $36 million. To clear additional cap room, the Clippers would have to trade some combination of Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, and Wesley Johnson. Clearing all three would open up almost $17.7 million, putting the Clippers squarely in Wojnarowski’s projected price range.
If we get Gallo, then get a healthy Gallo x Blake...

pimp.gif

^^^ Not sure if I'm more excited about possibly signing Gallo or possibly dumping Jamal and Wes...

We're apparently going to talk to Rudy Gay too. Rather have Gallo. But I think both will get more $ elsewhere.

trade jamal, lou and wes but Austin Rivers still here lol Doc Rivers is a joke of a GM. Crazy that CP3 & JJ are gone :smh:

trade jamal, lou and wes but Austin Rivers still here lol Doc Rivers is a joke of a GM. Crazy that CP3 & JJ are gone
mean.gif
Lol Austin is better than Jamal, Wes, and JJ

and While he may not be better than Lou, he's younger, and is more valuable to the Clippers than Lou would be. Lou is also a good player and expiring and "only" 30, making him more of a valuable trade asset than Austin.

I don't know how anyone could have watched last season and still question Austin's value. Seriously. I wasn't thrilled with him coming on board in the first place, but he's proven himself. And with CP3 and Luc gone, AR is our best perimeter defender on the roster now after Beverly. We need that way more than anything Jamal or Wes offers.

I don't know how anyone could have watched last season and still question Austin's value. Seriously. I wasn't thrilled with him coming on board in the first place, but he's proven himself. And with CP3 and Luc gone, AR is our best perimeter defender on the roster now after Beverly. We need that way more than anything Jamal or Wes offers.
Yeah Doc has had a lot of **** ups for sure, (We're still paying Jordan friggin Farmar
laugh.gif
) But buying low on a young lotto pick and turning him into a viable NBA player isn't one of them.

Also He was flat out fantastic as a Starter last year. He started 29 of 82 which is a solid sample size, and in that he was over 16ppg, 46% from the field, an 42%(!!) from the 3 point line.

The average fan doesn't pay attention to these types of things. Most of my friends are Lakers fans which of course means they stopped following the NBA once the Lakers became trash. These people still pretend Austin doesn't belong in thr NBA. These are the type of people that buy into that Michael Eaves "report." He knew what he was doing when he wrote that.

Bev
Austin
Gallo
Blake
DJ

That gets us in the playoffs imo. I would prefer to not sign any big contracts though. Just wait till next summer.

I try hard not to hate anyone I don't actually know (with one significant exception that I don't want to get into), but I am kind of hoping the Rockets fail next year.

So, I responded to a Brad Turner tweet about the Lakers looking at Rondo by saying, "hopefully this means he's off the Clippers list." And a Lakers fan responds by saying "LMAO, y'all need anyone you can get." I swear the Lakers may have the most dumb *** fans in the league. They have some knowledgeable fans too, but they are the minority.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom