OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

I didn't know there were so many fringe NBA players putting up those kinds of numbers for a winner, damn.

Crawford has a negative VORP, 12 PER, and 22% Usage but nah....he's skraight.

Lowly Laker fans :smh:

Crawford has a negative VORP, 12 PER, and 22% Usage but nah....he's skraight.

Lowly Laker fans :smh:

Hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think highly of Craw. I called him Swaggy or JR Smith last night. Hired gunners.

But hey, you guys got me figured out. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Well then, that settles it. Nick Young, Jamal Crawford, JR Smith, Brandon Knight, fringe NBA guys. The hell with them all
laugh.gif

Post Austin's USG rate, and doesn't account for the fact that he's a back up, and played with mostly bench guys. Makes Sense.

Claims Austin is an 11th - 12th guy, but wouldn't say that about Crawford, Smith, Knight, Livingston, Clarkson, or any other back up guard who got minutes with a "Below avg per"

Figured out, for sure.

^^^ Especially when you look at some of the other deals that have gone down this Summer. We robbed the Rockets compared to what Indiana got from OKC for PG.
not even mad at the trade. We got pat bev and someone else that ain't horrible.
We went just as far in our history of the playoffs with cp3 before we had him. Cp3 was injury prone when it came down to gametime.
F'em if he wanna leave, he ain't do **** anyway

Last edited:
Hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think highly of Craw. I called him Swaggy or JR Smith last night. Hired gunners.

But hey, you guys got me figured out. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Nobody on her is claiming Austin is an all-star. A lot of us rolled our eyes when we got him. But there really is no disputing that he's improved a lot since he got here and is now a very serviceable back up and spot starter at multiple positions.

So, most of us Clippers fans just can't support the idea that he's only on the team and getting minutes because of Doc and, given the choice between keeping Austin and some of our other non-starters, we'd rather have Austin. And the fact he's on the team still certainly doesn't prove the franchise is a "clownshow."

That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
What if Austin becomes a Steph Curry like Player? Wishful thinking but we should give him more minutes.

Whether or not anyone believes the story about rivers and pops is of no consequence. Austin rivers is a player that shoots 37% from 3, can get to the rim when he wants and is a great perimeter defender. If he starts, it's because of that, not because doc is his dad.

Anyone that thinks so...well...is just plain old dumb.

We're apparently going to meet with D Rose tomorrow. Think I'd prefer Rondo...

When you look at what New Orleans got when CP left, What Utah got when Gordon hayward left, What Phoenix got when Neft, What Orlando ended up looking like after Dwight left, the Returns that Chicago and Indiana got for Jimmy and PG,

it really puts into perspective just how great our FO has been this offseason, and IMO signals why this isn't the Same old Clippers.

Normally, when you lose a player of CP's caliber it gets ugly. New Orleans still hasn't won a playoff series since and has only been one time. Orlando is still a mess post dwight. Chicago and Indiana are headed for the lottery for who knows how long after those trades, Utah is back to square one now, the effects of losing a player of Chris's caliber is tangible.

So for us to lose Chris, and still have a 45-50 win playoff team on paper if healthy is a fantastic look for the Clippers. History tells you that we shouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs after losing a Chris Paul, but unless something crazy happens we'll be in that 5-8 range and that's impressive to me.

Javaleeee :nerd:

JaVale is interesting. He played well for the Dubs last year. But I feel like I'd rather have our back-up 5 be someone who brings something a bit different than DJ. DJ and JaVale are basically in the same mold. That said, the whole back-up stretch 5 thing hasn't really been working for us, so maybe going another way makes sense.

^^ interesting. I think javale McGhee was serviceable at best.

I think that because comparing his raw numbers with Festus ezeli the year before, Festus seems to have a bigger mark on the game than javale.

And...I think his impact was magnified because of a few lob dunks.

Given more minutes in a different system, I think he's the old shaqtin' a fool javale McGhee.

He'd be best served with gsw

Last edited:
Signing a guy from Europe over some "name" NBA vets is very un-Doc-like. Things have definitely changed in the FO.

^^^ LOL, just came in to post about the TA rumor. Doc's always loved him, so it's not surprising to me at all.

Also, none of the local beat writers are talking - or even seem to know about - the Teodosic thing, which makes me wonder...

^^^ LOL, just came in to post about the TA rumor. Doc's always loved him, so it's not surprising to me at all.

Also, none of the local beat writers are talking - or even seem to know about - the Teodosic thing, which makes me wonder...
Clips are confirmed to be looking at him. My man Lucas got it confirmed. But as far as the terms of the deal, and how far along / serious it is, yeah no one knows.

Back
Top Bottom