OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

that's an odd trade for them to do?

Celts apparently had to clear cap space for Hayward. So that's why they let Olynk go and traded Crowder and now Bradley. They still have Marcus Smart, so I guess they felt Bradley was expendable. Getting Morris kind of makes up for losing Crowder.

****. We apparently were deep in talks with Boston about Avery Bradley, but they apparently are sending him to Detroit for Marcus Morris. Would have loved if we could have got him.

so the twins gon' be on opposing teams that probably has the most heated rivalry in the East right now? :lol:

Last edited:
When the LA Clippers agreed to a two-year, $12.3 million deal with Serbian guard Milos Teodosic, it created a bit of a complication for Patrick Beverley, who was acquired in a trade from the Houston Rockets earlier this summer.

However, it's not because Teodosic and Beverley functionally play the same position, or because they used to be teammates in Greece. It's because they have the same name. We'll let Beverley explain.

Patrick Beverley on Teodosic to ESPN: "He might be the best passer in the NBA right now." Also, PBev needs to change hotel road alias: "I used Milos Teodosic!"

Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN

Yes, Beverley's secret check-in name for road games was that of the man he called "one of the best European Basketball players ever" as far back as 2010. With the two sharing a backcourt -- and a road hotel -- in 2017-18, Beverley will have to pick a new alias. Might we suggest he use the name of another of his 2009-10 Olympiacos teammates, Sofoklis Schortsanitis?

:lol: :lol:

Celts apparently had to clear cap space for Hayward. So that's why they let Olynk go and traded Crowder and now Bradley. They still have Marcus Smart, so I guess they felt Bradley was expendable. Getting Morris kind of makes up for losing Crowder.

Correction and retraction. Celtics did not trade Crowder. There was a deal being proposed, but it didn't happen. Which makes them trading Bradley for Morris even more weird. They've got like 15 forwards now.

Correction and retraction. Celtics did not trade Crowder. There was a deal being proposed, but it didn't happen. Which makes them trading Bradley for Morris even more weird. They've got like 15 forwards now.
I see the logic tbh

Bradley was going to be an UFA next summer, and they have guys (Jaylen, Terry, Marcus, Gordon) who they believe can play the two position, and where they were thin at was that 3, stretch 4 position with Kelly getting that Miami money. Crowder plays positions of need for the Cs (3, small ball 4) along with having the best contract in the league, so they would prefer to keep him over Avery.

So with guys that can play the two, along with the fact that they were going to lose Avery anyway next summer, it made sense to trade him. And they ended up with a player in Morris that not only fills a need, but is on a really good contract right now. I like it for the Cs.

Kendall Marshall is on the Summer League squad. Could be a solid 3rd string PG for us.

Kendall Marshall is on the Summer League squad. Could be a solid 3rd string PG for us.
I'd be highly shocked if he didn't make it to training camp. Prior to tonight, he was a name that was thrown around for us for that third pg spot.

Kendall, Thornwell, and Brice looking good so far.

Like that Thornwell really looks like he wants the challenge of checking Ingram.

Good win.

Thornwell, Brice, Juwan had his moments.

Young talent
pimp.gif

Y'all clips fans can't say y'all don't see lightweight cp3 movements in Evans , especially on the pick n roll ...that boy studied cp :lol:

Also, I wasn't really rooting for Lonzo to have a bad game ... but I'm also not sorry he did :wink:

Milos gonna be the new point gawd. He's gonna make us forget about CP3.

Just watched the game.

Brice.....Doc's stupid *** better give that kid some burn.

I see the logic tbh

Bradley was going to be an UFA next summer, and they have guys (Jaylen, Terry, Marcus, Gordon) who they believe can play the two position, and where they were thin at was that 3, stretch 4 position with Kelly getting that Miami money. Crowder plays positions of need for the Cs (3, small ball 4) along with having the best contract in the league, so they would prefer to keep him over Avery.

So with guys that can play the two, along with the fact that they were going to lose Avery anyway next summer, it made sense to trade him. And they ended up with a player in Morris that not only fills a need, but is on a really good contract right now. I like it for the Cs.
he pretty much left the Jazz to go to the jazz then, except a better scoring PG. Actually now wit him, they're more comparable to the Raptors.
I don't see them doin much

he pretty much left the Jazz to go to the jazz then, except a better scoring PG. Actually now wit him, they're more comparable to the Raptors.

Don't blame Hayward going East. There's going to be like a legit 11 teams battling for a playoff spot out West.

But by just adding Hayward and losing Bradley, I don't see the Celtics being much, if any, better than they were last year. Which means they'll be good, but not near good enough to be a threat to the Cavs (assuming both LeBron and Kyrie stay mostly healthy).

Don't blame Hayward going East. There's going to be like a legit 11 teams battling for a playoff spot out West.

But by just adding Hayward and losing Bradley, I don't see the Celtics being much, if any, better than they were last year. Which means they'll be good, but not near good enough to be a threat to the Cavs (assuming both LeBron and Kyrie stay mostly healthy).
exactly

Back
Top Bottom