OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

^^^ We were basically healthy in 2014 and 2015 and had epic chokes both seasons. Yeah, CP missed the first couple games against the Rockets but we still went up 3-1. No excuse for blowing that series. The game 5 meltdown against OKC the year before was also inexcusable.

And Doc has been at the helm of playoff collapses everywhere he's gone. He is not as good a coach as he thinks he is.

Injuries or no, Doc hasn't delivered on what he was brought in to do so far. Makes perfect sense for Ballmer to put him on a short leash.

CP missed 18 gms in 2014 and Blake missed 15 in 2015. That's not basically healthy to me.

Gonna sound like I'm defending doc (and I kind of am) but really I'm trying to take a macro approach to his tenure

If our guys are healthy, are we even playing OKC or Hou in the 2nd round? We may have had Homecourt which matters. Blake plays 75 games in 2015 we probably have an easier opponent in RD 1 and that goes a long way in CP not having to overextend himself which bled into that houston series.

Those collapses are bad, but that is the end result of seasons in which our best players missed significant time. I also don't know exactly what Doc should have done differently to make CP not foul Russ at the 3 pt line or turn the ball over or that 4th quarter in game 6. Josh Smith and Corey Brewer won that. It goes that way sometimes. One Collapse, one bad game, doesn't sum up an entire season

He isn't above criticism at all, and I've been vocal about it, but but Having Blake and / or Chris missing 20 games a season and still winning 50 games is impressive. 2017 WCF was a 1v2 seed, 2016 was a 1V3(OKC), 2015 was a 1V2 Seed, 2014 was a 1V2 seed, The point is, is that unless you're on the 1 or 2 line, you probably won't make the WCF and if Blake and Chris are missing 20 games a year, then I mean, it is what it is.

It's a trickle down effect IMO and what happens in the regular season wins and losses wise has a direct effect on the end result of the playoffs and Blake and CP not being able to stay on a floor goes a long way in that outcome, and Doc isn't to blame for that.

Last edited:
I should add that I don't mind Ballmer putting Doc on a short leash, I really don't. Not married to Doc in the slightest. As a GM or Coach, if there's someone better I'm all for it.

However, to me it's kind of Disingenuous to suggest that things such as Hou game 6 is on him, or OKC game 5 is on him. Chris Paul nutted up in game 5. Blake Griffin and the entire team nutted up in game 6. They got tight. They were playing. The same coach that failed them put them in great positions to succeed. The coach can only do so much.

Ultimately, this is all about our best players. They weren't healthy / good enough together to challenge for a top 2 seed and that killed us because we payed them like they were and that forced us to overextend players in roles that were to big for them.

Last edited:
^^^ If it just happened during his time with the Clips, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But Doc's whole coaching career is littered with examples of his teams blowing playoff games or series leads. That can't just be bad luck or coincidence.

He doesn't seem particularly good at getting his team to calm down and stay the course when things get tight or they've had a couple bad breaks. They panic and press and play not to lose instead of playing to win. There's exceptions, of course. But it is a noticeable pattern with Doc coached teams.

Yeah, maybe if we didn't have the injury problems we did and got a top 2 seed on year, things in the playoffs may have gone differently. That doesn't mean Doc should just get a pass for what has actually happened in the playoffs.

I'm not saying all the blame is on Doc, but he for sure gets a share. And I think it's fair that Ballmer wants Doc to prove himself as a coach again before he gets his contact extended, which seems to be the case.

He gets a share of the blame, for sure. Among other things, his stubbornness in regards to staggering Blake and Chris was infuriating and his faith in Jamal Crawford was beyond unhealthy. He also didn't play Blake and Chris nearly enough I felt when they were healthy. Your best player (Chris Paul) can't be playing 30 minutes a night if you're trying to get the best seed possible. You actually To Me could find more blame with Doc as a coach than GM. The GMDoc stuff has been blown way out of proportion to me.

But He absolutely isn't blameless in this.

But, he isn't perfect. As a GM or as a coach. GSW has averaged 70 wins a season the last 3 years and ppl still ***** about Kerr's rotations. But That's why you have KD, Lebron, Russ, Kawhi, or your team. To override the inevitable coaching and GM errors. I mention those guys because CP and Blake were supposed to be those guys for us but they weren't (Whether it be due to health, talent, it doesn't matter) and when they aren't blame has to be assessed so I get it, I swear I do.

He gets a share of the blame, for sure. Among other things, his stubbornness in regards to staggering Blake and Chris was infuriating and his faith in Jamal Crawford was beyond unhealthy. He also didn't play Blake and Chris nearly enough I felt when they were healthy. Your best player (Chris Paul) can't be playing 30 minutes a night if you're trying to get the best seed possible. You actually To Me could find more blame with Doc as a coach than GM. The GMDoc stuff has been blown way out of proportion to me.

But He absolutely isn't blameless in this.

But, he isn't perfect. As a GM or as a coach. GSW has averaged 70 wins a season the last 3 years and ppl still ***** about Kerr's rotations. But That's why you have KD, Lebron, Russ, Kawhi, or your team. To override the inevitable coaching and GM errors. I mention those guys because CP and Blake were supposed to be those guys for us but they weren't (Whether it be due to health, talent, it doesn't matter) and when they aren't blame has to be assessed so I get it, I swear I do.
Doc's trust in Crawford solidified me not believing he doesn't pay attention and just waits for his watch too beep to tell him it's time to rotate

Doc's trust in Crawford solidified me not believing he doesn't pay attention and just waits for his watch too beep to tell him it's time to rotate

Lmaoooo :lol: :lol:

The Jamal Crawford dynamic though serves as an excellent case study as to why we're armchair coaches and GM's and not in his position. It's easy to bench, trade, and not resign Jamal crawford as fans.

But it's harder to do so when Blake and Chris and campaigning for him to be in the game and on the team and you're trying to keep Blake and Chris in Free Agency. It's tough.

Lmaoooo :lol: :lol:

The Jamal Crawford dynamic though serves as an excellent case study as to why we're armchair coaches and GM's and not in his position. It's easy to bench, trade, and not resign Jamal crawford as fans.

But it's harder to do so when Blake and Chris and campaigning for him to be in the game and on the team and you're trying to keep Blake and Chris in Free Agency. It's tough.
I'd print his percentage after every game and post it on their car

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
^^^ With Nike as the new uniform supplier, each team apparently going to have 4 different uniforms to chose from and new set "home," "away" or "alternates." Home team gets to pick whatever one they want, let's the away team know and then they pick one that'll be different.

So, maybe the blues will be back. I'm assuming the blacks and traditional whites will stay. Wouldn't mind seeing a throwback of some type - maybe the SD Clippers powder blue and orange.

Reed just got out on bail for domestic violence stemming from a situation from his wife wanting a divorce

Yep. Heard about it. Still early, so all the facts aren't public yet, but getting arrested for DV is never a good look. Hope him and his with are able work things out amicably.

Between this and Gallo breaking his hand, my enthusiasm about the offseason has definitely taken a hit.

Uh oh - there's rumors going around that Blake is dating Kylie (Kendall?; I don't really know the difference) Jenner. Please no. We don't need any Kardashian taint on our revamped squad...

Uh oh - there's rumors going around that Blake is dating Kylie (Kendall?; I don't really know the difference) Jenner. Please no. We don't need any Kardashian taint on our revamped squad...

If it's Kendall we're good. Not only is she the finest one, she isn't a thot like the others.

Leggo, Blake.

Willie Reed's wife issued a public statement saying she's not going to press charges and wants the case against him dropped. She said she didn't call the cops on him or ask anyone else to.

Hopefully, that's all true and they can move on from the incident.

Like I said, I don't know who is who out of Kylie and Kendall, but I saw one of them lately and whoever it was looked like Kim's twin.

They officially revealed two of our new uniforms. The images above are accurate. Pretty clean...

Our "statement" unis will apparently be revealed next month. I bet those will be the blacks. But I'd be way down with SD Clippers throwback style baby blue.

Screenshot_20170811-140211.png
Screenshot_20170811-140227.png
Screenshot_20170811-140219.png

Back
Top Bottom