OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Both unis are fire! Might need both shorts. A black version might make me wear the full uniform to work.

Came to the realization that critics were kind of right with Doc the GM,

When you're up against the Cap, the way we were, missing on late 1st and 2nd round picks isn't the issue. It's the cavalier approach to the draft that was the issue. It's the cavalier approach to the G League that was the issue. When you're up against the Cap the way we were, having a GM completely disregard this sector of potential cost efficient talent is troublesome and worrisome. Lazily picking guys just because they played for Izzo or at UNC, knowing that 1) They weren't close to being the best players available and 2) You knew you had no plans for them.

In thinking about it, there was just no way that Doc the GM was going to act in good faith as a GM because as a coach, he was specifically trying to win now and appease Chris, and you can't possibly be trying to win now and at the same time be fully committed to the Draft and the G league, it's just not possible. You can't have the DL on David Nwaba and be trying to swing for vets to help win now. The moves Doc made completely make sense from a coach's perspective but most of his moves unfortunately also lack the foresight and homework that needs to be done by a Competent GM. It makes sense from a coaching perspective that you'd grab Brice Johnson. The 4 year guy, UNC star, should be ready to contribute if you have to play him but know you probably won't, etc. but a real GM would probably went for the best player / potential available at that spot,and that runs against the win now approach.

Long winded way of saying we probably would have been better off with Doc as just the coach and not GM, but it's all lowkey still ancillary because blake and CP missing 20 to 40 games a year >>>> Doc's shortsightedness as a GM.

^^^ Especially hated Doc's penchant for giving out draft pics like Skittles to get guys like Spencer Hawes and Jeff Green...

Reactions: HIM
GM Doc was way too loyal to the players he knew. GM Doc is responsible for that crazy un-trade-able JC contract. i mean, rewind back to 2014 after beating gsw in 7. the team was definitely in championship contention mode, right? just would be interesting to know what moves doc passed on in order to make the moves he made.

how do we feel about austin and his progression as a player?
how do we feel about getting jared dudley and JJ for bledsoe in retrospect?

with a more in tact roster injury wise and another 10-12 wins in a season, does that place LAC in a position to advance? beat gsw? at the time, i thought so...not so sure now.

Last edited:
GM Doc was way too loyal to the players he knew. GM Doc is responsible for that crazy un-trade-able JC contract. i mean, rewind back to 2014 after beating gsw in 7. the team was definitely in championship contention mode, right? just would be interesting to know what moves doc passed on in order to make the moves he made.

I mean CP and Blake basically forced LAC to resign Jamal. Doc offered him a deal that essentially pushed Jamal out the door before Chris and Blake among others forced Doc's hand. And if you're trying to resign Blake and CP in a couple of years, what are you gonna do?

But to your point, you need a GM who's away from the situation, not attached, so that he can make those necessary moves despite whatever backlash the players may throw at you.

I mean CP and Blake basically forced LAC to resign Jamal. Doc offered him a deal that essentially pushed Jamal out the door before Chris and Blake among others forced Doc's hand. And if you're trying to resign Blake and CP in a couple of years, what are you gonna do?

But to your point, you need a GM who's away from the situation, not attached, so that he can make those necessary moves despite whatever backlash the players may throw at you.

agreed. DOC did what was necessary at the time to keep blake and CP happy. without the GM hat, he would have been able to save face with them. with both hats on, he couldnt escape it.

my displeasure with doc has been more so on the coaches end. true, i have come around a bit too in the injury narrative. but more times than not, he just wasnt able to bring LAC out of its own way. 50+ wins has always been great. but he inherited a 50 win team.

i def dont hold him liable for the injuries during reg season and playoffs. so, its tough.

now, just time to try something new.

and i still think we will win 50+ games if healthy. so many analysts have the clippers vacating a spot allowing another team to get in there.

Last edited:
^^^ Especially hated Doc's penchant for giving out draft pics like Skittles to get guys like Spencer Hawes and Jeff Green...

Talent on the margins. As a win now coach acting as a GM, those moves make sense.

But it's precisely why you need a GM who's removed from the situation, to have a wider, more Macro approach to team building.

IMO those moves (especially the Hawes move) aren't the worst in the world, and they do make sense. But, IMO you can't have both the coach and the GM having two feet into the all in approach, you have no prospective when doing so.

how do we feel about austin and his progression as a player?
how do we feel about getting jared dudley and JJ for bledsoe in retrospect?

with a more in tact roster injury wise and another 10-12 wins in a season, does that place LAC in a position to advance? beat gsw? at the time, i thought so...not so sure now.

IMO we probably do benefit if Doc Rivers is just coach and not GM, but it's still ancillary. Doesn't matter who's the GM, if we aren't healthy for an entire season + playoff run, (which we weren't one time under the cp era) then we probably are at this exact same spot. Those reg season injuries really killed our playoff chances man, but I digress.

And to your point, it hasn't been all bad with Doc. Chris, Blake, DJ, JJ, Austin, all improved and had career years under Doc and I doubt that Ebled / CP backcourt would have lasted financially, much less worked better than Chris and JJ did. We treated Dudley badly but he wasn't going to move the needle.

So I mean it's not all bad with Doc, but when you're against the Cap and on the margin talent is a premium, essentially throwing away the draft and the g league is just terrible. Having a GM in place who can monitor the G League and the draft for an entire season with a long view could have made a difference potentially, but again Injuries >>>>>Doc's ineptness as a GM.

while I know it's not true I want to believe in my head that may favorite team saw my Clippers design and took inspiration from it.
web-jersey-blake_11x8.png

LQn27sIfGI.png
HhOeoa2NGk.png

q9mPFiJE6k.png

But Jeff Green could had been huge for us.... If he didn't play like his skill was sucked from him on some space jam **** :smh:

Just wanna throw this out there:

People act like Blake is just this has been because of injuries and what not, but literally JUST LAST SEASON in February when Chris played 2 games, he put up 26/10/6 on 51/47/78 and now will be playing a full season(s) w/o Chris.

Now whether he does it or not or stay healthy or not is anyone's guess, but this is why 25/10/6 on 49/35/76 is completely plausible for Blake and the optimism is completely justified. He's essentially be a tier 1 level player w/o Chris since 13'-14' onward.

Last edited:
Blake's career has been pretty wild in terms of how the average fan views him. Was pretty widely liked during his rookie year. Then went to pretty widely disliked during the "Flop City" era. Was called overrated by the masses for a while and couldn't get past the "all he does is dunk" narrative. Then, when he finally did, ran to some injuries and now people are just writing him off. Crazy.

Who else is going to CP3's return? Gotta be there to give my guy a standing ovation. Hope he wins a ring this year.

Back
Top Bottom