OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Who else is going to CP3's return? Gotta be there to give my guy a standing ovation. Hope he wins a ring this year.

I don't. Not really because CP, but the Rockets. Not a Harden fan and really don't like Pringles, especially after that stupid Clippers crack he made as CP's intro presser...

...not that I'm really excited about another Warriors title either.

Why should he get one when we still never even went to the 3rd round wit him?

Because he's the greatest player in the franchise's history and spearheaded 6 consecutive 50 win seasons, far and away the most successful time in the franchise's history?

Because he's the greatest player in the franchise's history and spearheaded 6 consecutive 50 win seasons, far and away the most successful time in the franchise's history?
Honestly all that don't mean **** when again, we never made it past the 2nd round yet in team history

Honestly all that don't mean **** when again, we never made it past the 2nd round yet in team history

Wait, you for real?

What a time. I remember the Mo Taylor Jeff McGinnis KTLA 5 days fam. We were the worst franchise in all of sports and probably still are when you factor in the entire totality of it.

You're essentially saying THE CLIPPERS WINNING 50 GAMES YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT (Which chris was largely responsible for. Not 100%, but he had a TON to do with it) AND BEING A PERENNIAL PLAYOFF TEAM isn't good enough. That's crazy to me man.

Chris Paul is largely responsible for the Clippers current state of relevance and consecutive 50 win seasons. That means something when it's in regards to the CLIPPERS.

Wait, you for real?

What a time. I remember the Mo Taylor Jeff McGinnis KTLA 5 days fam. We were the worst franchise in all of sports and probably still are when you factor in the entire totality of it.

You're essentially saying THE CLIPPERS WINNING 50 GAMES YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT (Which chris was largely responsible for. Not 100%, but he had a TON to do with it) AND BEING A PERENNIAL PLAYOFF TEAM isn't good enough. That's crazy to me man.

Chris Paul is largely responsible for the Clippers current state of relevance and consecutive 50 win seasons. That means something when it's in regards to the CLIPPERS.
To say now he deserves to go past what he did wit us and then some and take it all? No, not me he doesn't deserve that

I mean it's cool and I get it, as a fan you always want more and you want your team to fulfill their lofty expectations but you have to keep some perspective.

The Clippers are a perennial playoff team and as of right now a perennial 50 win team. To say that that doesn't mean anything FOR THIS FRANCHISE is just wrong.

sisterlingcover.jpg

We went from this to the 3rd highest winning percentage in ALL OF THE NBA for 6 YEARS(!) and that's largely because of Chris Paul. When you consider all of this fam, how can you not give him a standing 'o' and roll out the red carpet?

To say now he deserves to go past what he did wit us and then some and take it all? No, not me he doesn't deserve that

I'm not even debating that my man, I'm just saying that he definitely deserves all the praise in the world for what he was able to do with LAC, conference finals or not. They went from the worst franchise in all of sports to one of the winningest in all of basketball and it was largely because of him.

I mean it's cool and I get it, as a fan you always want more and you want your team to fulfill their lofty expectations but you have to keep some perspective.

The Clippers are a perennial playoff team and as of right now a perennial 50 win team. To say that that doesn't mean anything FOR THIS FRANCHISE is just wrong.

sisterlingcover.jpg

We went from this to the 3rd highest winning percentage in ALL OF THE NBA for 6 YEARS(!) and that's largely because of Chris Paul. When you consider all of this fam, how can you not give him a standing 'o' and roll out the red carpet?
We're talkin about him deserving to win a ring tho. He did good for the franchise but now he deserves a ring?

We're talkin about him deserving to win a ring tho. He did good for the franchise but now he deserves a ring?

I mean I get it. He's an all time great and all time greats are judged by rings (Fairly or unfairly)

So if you're a CP fan, you wanna see him get a ring so he can ''Validate" his career whether that's with your team or not.

Reactions: HIM
I'm not gonna sit here and tell you you should want him to win it all. Chris Paul has been one of my favorite players (along with Bron) since he was at Wake Forest. Watching him in New Orleans was dope and then him coming to my favorite team was amazing. He's an all-time great whose only knock is his teams' playoff success, so yes, I would like to see him check that off on his resumé. But I've been wanting to see that since he came in the league.

Saying he doesn't deserve to get a ring because he doesn't have one already is weird tho lol. Does Blake not deserve one either? He was a part of all those teams, too.

I'm just sayin, I don't get why now that he leaves, he deserves to win when he ain't even go far wit us let alone make it to a finals. I'll be hoping he loses now cuz he left. ****, he'll prolly get hurt anyway again

I'm pretty neutral on CP3 now. If does well with the Rockets, great. If not, that's fine too. While I appreciate how good he is and what he did for the franchise, he was never my favorite Clipper. It's not a coincidence I have 3 different Blake jerseys and never bought a CP one. And he did leave here voluntarily.

Also, we were on an upward trajectory before he got here. I think that would have continued even without him, though probably at a slower rate. But with the right coach, a team featuring Blake, DJ, Eric Gordon and Bledsoe could have been pretty good and definitely entertaining.

Again, I'm not mad at CP or rooting against him. It's more that he's just a another guy in the league to me now. ‍♂️

I'm pretty neutral on CP3 now. If does well with the Rockets, great. If not, that's fine too. While I appreciate how good he is and what he did for the franchise, he was never my favorite Clipper. It's not a coincidence I have 3 different Blake jerseys and never bought a CP one. And he did leave here voluntarily.

Also, we were on an upward trajectory before he got here. I think that would have continued even without him, though probably at a slower rate. But with the right coach, a team featuring Blake, DJ, Eric Gordon and Bledsoe could have been pretty good and definitely entertaining.

Again, I'm not mad at CP or rooting against him. It's more that he's just a another guy in the league to me now. ‍♂️

How good though? EG and Bled have been hella injury prone since leaving LAC and the most they've gotten between them is a 6 man award.

I do agree that they were on a upward trend though for sure and in hindsight, building a 2nd round team around Blake could have definitely been done.

IMG_0685.PNG
How good though? EG and Bled have been hella injury prone since leaving LAC and the most they've gotten between them is a 6 man award.

I do agree that they were on a upward trend though for sure and in hindsight, building a 2nd round team around Blake could have definitely been done.

Yeah, I was going to mention the EG and EB's injury problems in my post, but I decided not to and hoped nobody would catch the omission. LOL.

Anyway, if the new 2K is accurate, looks like we're getting a light blue alt uni.

Love it.

^^^ Nevermind about the light blue jersey thing. I'm told that's just how our regular blue jersey looks in 2K18 :frown:

Son, exactly. We were on the up and up before him. Dudes actin like he got the team where it is now by himself.

You're acting like I'm saying he deserves to win because he left the Clippers. He's always deserved to win. He's one of the best PGs ever.

You must really not want Blake to win. He's been much mor disappointing than CP3 and contributed more to our lack of success in the postseason. Wonder what you would be saying about him if he decided to win instead of getting paid :lol:

-Anyway-

When's the Clipper Thread Summit? I thought we all loved CP3 but I guess not :lol:

Laker game?
Portland game?
Warriors?

Last edited:
You're acting like I'm saying he deserves to win because he left the Clippers. He's always deserved to win. He's one of the best PGs ever.

You must really not want Blake to win. He's been much mor disappointing than CP3 and contributed more to our lack of success in the postseason. Wonder what you would be saying about him if he decided to win instead of getting paid :lol:

-Anyway-

When's the Clipper Thread Summit? I thought we all loved CP3 but I guess not :lol:

Laker game?
Portland game?
Warriors?
He was cool till he left. Oh and **** Jason Williams for quiting when he heard he got traded to us back in the day too

Last edited:
Have this feeling that Doc's days as coach are numbered too. I don't think it's going to happen during the season, but also don't think he's back in 2018-2019

Have this feeling that Doc's days as coach are numbered too. I don't think it's going to happen during the season, but also don't think he's back in 2018-2019

Yeah feels like the writings are on the wall. Was talking to my brother about this. Almost as if it's like, okay this a "Show and prove" season for him.

Back
Top Bottom