Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

I haven't been here in a couple days, cuz I've been on "Laker Mode"
smile.gif

What a sight to see when Gary Bennett hits a homerun, now that's rare.

Comon' PMAC. Lets get an update.

Dodgers VS Angels.

My good homie is a halo fan, lets handle business Dodgers - angels are a joke.

It was good to see them take the series from the Brewers. Good comeback win, offense finally showed some life, and Jones seems to be improving.

Now let's get these Angelitos..
grin.gif

Just saw highlights of the game, and I have no clue what Gary Bennett was thinking, lobbing those high balls to Kuroda and then making the error which causedus runs, and maybe the game
smh.gif

Oh well, let's get the next two games! I don't want to hear Angels fans bragging.
eyes.gif
Let's Go Dodgers!
pimp.gif

Can we update on the thread, PMAC?

I will admit Angel stadium is nice, but the fans are just so whack.

I will also admit orange county milfs are grade A material.

Damn that game was tough, Kuroda was pitching a nice game, and with 2 outs Gary Bennet just threw a rocket to first base with no accuracy - from there themomentum switched to the Angels, and throughout the game.

I hate that fool krod too, and all the angelitas.

Everyones GHHHOOSST!
laugh.gif

Anyways, series tied 1-1! Blake with another HR (ROY?). Juan Pierre making things happen, Kuroda pitched a good game, but the defense eff'd it all up forhim.

Kuo looked solid, he looks good in relief.

Andruw Jones was jusssss .... eh.

^Nah, man. I watched the game, but I was not able to post in here.
Solid win today, with strong pitching from Park and Kuo, Dewitt continuing his ROY type game, and Russel and Pierre had RBIs.
Hopefully, we can win the series with a W tomorrow also. Go Dodgers!
pimp.gif

Did anyone catch Karros saying how Andruw can't even catch up to any pitches anymore, wether its mechanics, pressure or weight - then when he was talkingabout it dude like totally was late on a fast ball
laugh.gif
Great timing Andruw!

Our Minor Leaguers are playing real nice, Tiffee is tearing it up
pimp.gif

Early game today, playing in this damn heat wave, hopefully dodgers pull out a lead first!

Brad Penny was scratched, so Lowe will take his spot, lets see how this pans out!

Please sit Jones.

Everyones GHHHOOSST!
laugh.gif
, I try to post as much as possible, but being at mostDodger games makes it tough. Especially since I don't post from mobile devices.

It was a tough series, we could have easily taken two out of three from the Halos, but we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot way too many times. It cost usFriday's game, with Gary Bennett's costly error. I like the fact that Russell gets the occasional start at 3b, I just don't like the fact thatGary Bennett gets to play,
sick.gif
. I'd rather have the front office signMike Piazza to a minor league deal and return to the Dodgers,
laugh.gif
. Yes, Iknow his defense is atrocious, but he could hit better than Bennett, plus I would like to see him in a Dodger uni.

The 3b and middle infield issues are a big problem. Hu has proven that he is not ready for the big leagues. He brings nothing at the plate, and his defensehas been shaky. I know he got bowled over yesterday trying to turn a double play, but he was not where he was supposed to be when Loney made that throw. Itextended the inning and Mike Napoli made us pay for the mistake by hitting a 3 run bomb.

I'm glad Brad Penny didn't pitch today, since we all know he is terrible in day games. However, Derek Lowe has been pitching like hot garbage lately. He has lost command of his sinker and that is bad news. He has been laboring, allowing 25 ER in his last 5 starts. Only pitching to the sixth inning once inthat stretch.

The starting pitching is just not there with Penny and Lowe struggling. Kuroda has been solid for the most start and Billingsley seems to be finding hisgroove after a shaky start. We all know we haven't found a fifth starter.

The only part of the team that has been consistent is the bullpen but they are getting taxed. Proctor, Kuo, Park and Beimel are being used heavily.

Nomar took grounders at SS, but his rehab is not going so well and Raffy should be back by Friday. Once Nomar and Furcal come back it should solidify ourshaky infield. Hu and Maza will get sent down to Triple A.

As far as Andruw is concerned, I am losing hope. However, one thing comes to mind, How would this team be if Don Mattingly was the everyday hitting coach. Easler is not getting the job done, good Minor League coach, not a great Major League coach.

Let's hope we do well during this upcoming home stand. We still have starting pitching problems with Lowe and Penny, injuries with Furcal and Nomar, andAndruw is still on his slump.
tired.gif
But Raffy is expected to come back thisFriday, and Nomar should be back in a week or two, which hopefully will help our hitting situation. As for Andruw, I don't see how he can get out of it,and as someone stated earlier, he's been on a year and a half slump, and I don't see him getting out of it, unless he changes his mechanics. 4-2 or 5-1on this home stand. Let's Go.
pimp.gif

Weaver has been having a disappointing year so far and for some reason when I remembered Lowe would be on the mound today I got the sense that Weaver wouldpick up a win. We've let so many struggling pitchers look like aces this year... and man, Lowe makes it hard to watch at times.

So many questions still...

Will Raffy regain form when he returns?
Should Bennett be backing up all year? Piazza anyone?
Sweeney gone, maybe bring up Tiffee?
LaRoche's possibilities or ride out with DeWitt's consistency?
When will the bullpen get a break?
Will Andruw ever snap out of it?

Hopefully we can put together a solid homestand this week.
wink.gif

I cut back on the booing on jones. power hitters can get on hot streaks then go on cold streaks. It seems jones is in the ice age rite now. I just hope hecomes thru in the 2nd half of the season.

I think Hu should be sent back to triple A. He seems to struggle trying to get the ball out of his glove( idk thats what I see).
Dewitt should stay at 3b. nuff said. sorry nomar, dewitt wants to play. and leave martin at catcher.

I went to fridays game. sitting in the rite pavillion where either was. I was yelling at him to hit a hr in my glove. Then he hit a hr on the next sec over.Damn i wanted that ball. Angels stadium is nice. it was my first time there, but where we were sitting at these little bugs were coming out to of the concrete.hahaha My friends and I stayed but some people left, I kept saying, "you don't get this at Dodger stadium."
It was cool that a lot of Dodgers fan go over there and take over the chants. We should try to take over there stadium. They didn't even do the wave. Iguest OC angels fans are more laid back.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

most dodger and angels fans are at "Laker Mode" right now
laugh.gif
Haha, very true.

Lakers right now are
pimp.gif

I will have complete focus on the Dodgers once the season is over, which is hopefully in the middle of June after we've won the chip.
happy.gif
wink.gif

Eff nomar!
His defense sucks and he isn't the same at the plate. Please ride the wave that DeWitt is in until he cools down

laugh.gif
wassup you ghost posters.

I've been telling you guys, Lowe's mechanics for the past weeks have been off! His sinker has lost the sunk, and he never seems to focus.

It's embarassing to think our 1-2 with Penny&Lowe are struggling thus far. But, with Kuroda, Bills, CHP picking up the slack there is light at the endof the tunnel - and as it dreads me to say, if Jason Schmidt rehab stint turns out well all we can hope is he can bring something to the table this year.

Ironman any hearing around the organization if the Dodgers are going to resign raffy? His durability is always suspect, but damn if this dude can stay healthy,he can single handedly win numerous games for us.

I agree on Hu being sent down, right now he's not bringing anything to the table.

If we could trade Kent to a AL team and get some prospects back for him, trade Lowe and do some more minor things, we can be on the right path.

But right now, the team we have on paper isn't ready to compete for no championship.

Ok, I got an endocrine test in like 20 minutes, wish me luck
pimp.gif

Update PMAC, we're playing the reds today.

Penny on the mound, lets see if he stops thinking he can over powering ever single hitter and actually use some movement to get hitters off balanced. Location,location!

Just got a 92% on my test
pimp.gif
, feelinnn good.

Went to the game on friday night and Angels stadium is a S$!+hole. truly. just a horrible place to watch a game.
Bennett sucks.
so do Angels fans.
I'm white, but the white boys in the crowd at Angels Stadium just make me SMH. Douchebags, all of em.
OC Milfs are the truth though.
and it literally took us an hour to get out that parking lot.
and it was hot.
all around a horrible experience.
one funny thing was after the game, my wife and are walking back to the car and about 6 drunk Angels fans were congratulating us on having a baby. my wife is 7months pregnant. so they were't all bad i guess.
that lineup on friday night was horrid.
Jones got booed by both the Angels fans and the Dodgers fans
laugh.gif

-J-

Damn dodgers starting pitching is almost ranked last in like 3 different areas, this is effin' horrible.

Honeycutt, your days are numbered son.

Back
Top Bottom