Official Mad Men Season 4 Thread

Betty is a total b----. Carla should have known better than to allow Glenn upstairs, but sheesh, she shouldn't have lost her job. 

Roger is too funny. Oblivious as to who Don's secretary was, and then jokingly telling her to get ice in celebration. That had me laughing for a good minute.

Anyone else though Don and Betty were gonna start making out in the house at the end?

I don't know why, but I didn't see it happening at that moment.

Betty was obviously throwing herself at Don at the end, I was kind of surprise they didn't and at how Betty took the news so well.

She didn't seem like she took the news well at all. Her cheerful mood completely dissolved once Don said he found someone.

What is this %#%!+ Don doing getting married? The whole time from once he asked I was waiting for them to show that it was just a dream.

I was expecting the same.

Betty is a total b----. Carla should have known better than to allow Glenn upstairs, but sheesh, she shouldn't have lost her job. 

Roger is too funny. Oblivious as to who Don's secretary was, and then jokingly telling her to get ice in celebration. That had me laughing for a good minute.

Anyone else though Don and Betty were gonna start making out in the house at the end?

I don't know why, but I didn't see it happening at that moment.

Betty was obviously throwing herself at Don at the end, I was kind of surprise they didn't and at how Betty took the news so well.

She didn't seem like she took the news well at all. Her cheerful mood completely dissolved once Don said he found someone.

What is this %#%!+ Don doing getting married? The whole time from once he asked I was waiting for them to show that it was just a dream.

I was expecting the same.

Really wished that Don would have stayed with Faye. I was completely shocked when he proposed to Megan. I feel as though he was just caught in a moment with just being given the real Don's engagement ring and Megan doing so well with the kids. He had a lot of emotions going on during that trip. Faye was a much better fit for him IMO, but I'm curious to see how she will handle this in the long run. After all, she knows the real him, **** Whitman, and could potentially use this against him at some point. I don't see her as that type of person, but you never know...could come back to bite him in the ***. Strangely enough in the last shot of the episode, with Megan sleeping with him, the look in his eye made him feel like he was still alone. I mean honestly though, if Betty never fired Carla, would he have even given her a second glance again? 

Betty was a complete #%^& as usual, especially for firing Carla, who was more of a mother to the kids that she will ever be. You could also see the expression on her face once Don broke the news about his new engagement. She either wanted him to be miserable and alone forever, or get on his knees begging for her back...and he is doing neither and it's eating at her. Especially when her marriage with Henry isn't all that it was cracked up to be after all.

I'm already wanting season 5 to start NOW lol...I'm anxious to see how things unfold. Also, what does everyone else think about Joan? Did she REALLY keep the baby, or was she just keeping that thought in her husbands head to give him hope while out fighting in the war?

Really wished that Don would have stayed with Faye. I was completely shocked when he proposed to Megan. I feel as though he was just caught in a moment with just being given the real Don's engagement ring and Megan doing so well with the kids. He had a lot of emotions going on during that trip. Faye was a much better fit for him IMO, but I'm curious to see how she will handle this in the long run. After all, she knows the real him, **** Whitman, and could potentially use this against him at some point. I don't see her as that type of person, but you never know...could come back to bite him in the ***. Strangely enough in the last shot of the episode, with Megan sleeping with him, the look in his eye made him feel like he was still alone. I mean honestly though, if Betty never fired Carla, would he have even given her a second glance again? 

Betty was a complete #%^& as usual, especially for firing Carla, who was more of a mother to the kids that she will ever be. You could also see the expression on her face once Don broke the news about his new engagement. She either wanted him to be miserable and alone forever, or get on his knees begging for her back...and he is doing neither and it's eating at her. Especially when her marriage with Henry isn't all that it was cracked up to be after all.

I'm already wanting season 5 to start NOW lol...I'm anxious to see how things unfold. Also, what does everyone else think about Joan? Did she REALLY keep the baby, or was she just keeping that thought in her husbands head to give him hope while out fighting in the war?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

THAT +$$@ JUST HAPPENED

On point. I was super shocked. 
Wild %*! finale.

More thoughts:

-Looking back, the second Don decided to go in the pool: the second he let go of the past. He was incredibly sad about going back to Anna's house but he made himself get over it and jumped in the pool. 

-That was SOOOOO quick though. When were all these interactions for Don to say he was in love with her for a while? 

-Did they change up her teeth just for this episode? Or was my mind playing tricks on me because once they mentioned I kept looking at 'em. She's too hot for me to notice that +!%%.

-Loved the scene with Joan and Peggy. That was great.

-I might be incredibly sadistic but I wanted to be Don so bad when he was on the phone with Faye. I'm kind of ashamed of myself but damn I loved seeing that woman's heart break
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

-+!%%, I wanted to be Don the whole damn episode. Writing was on point. The whole adolescence speech to the cancer patients and some of the lines he said to Megan were on point.

- I honestly don't know how to feel about all this in general. I know I will read some negative reviews about this marriage move. Some "jump the shark" comments. About to read Sepinwall's take and the posted Weiner interview.

Shocking as hell to me. Mind is racing right now. At least they have me enthralled. 
In regards to jumping the shark, I could understand if some try to argue that, but we already had one season of Don being single... how long could we have expected it to last?  Faye even mentioned it when first meeting, that he wouldn't stay single for long. 
I thought it felt quick as well, but there were the moments that foreshadowed it, although I'm sure the intention was to make it quick. Don's feelings over Anna being gone, seeing the new girl with his children and how it represented something new and better. Don lives in the moment and if he wants something he takes it, so this move felt right.  Definitely agree with the Joan and Peggy scene, the understood and subtle moments of Peggy and Don's relationship are really great.

Overall I don't know what I expected out of this season, obviously I wanted Don to struggle and try to find himself and that happened, the fall out with Lucky Strike was great for the business aspect. We got some of Sterling's insecurities, unfortunately we no longer have Bert Cooper, which I felt was rushed but I understand the reasoning... just happened suddenly. I'm not surprised Don ended up with someone by the finale, although it would have happened eventually. To me, the next season will be one of the most important in the series. We kind of had an idea what to expect or want from the other seasons, Don's marriage breaking up, new agency, etc. but now it's going to be interesting to see what Weiner does, I have plenty of faith in him and no reason to doubt.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

THAT +$$@ JUST HAPPENED

On point. I was super shocked. 
Wild %*! finale.

More thoughts:

-Looking back, the second Don decided to go in the pool: the second he let go of the past. He was incredibly sad about going back to Anna's house but he made himself get over it and jumped in the pool. 

-That was SOOOOO quick though. When were all these interactions for Don to say he was in love with her for a while? 

-Did they change up her teeth just for this episode? Or was my mind playing tricks on me because once they mentioned I kept looking at 'em. She's too hot for me to notice that +!%%.

-Loved the scene with Joan and Peggy. That was great.

-I might be incredibly sadistic but I wanted to be Don so bad when he was on the phone with Faye. I'm kind of ashamed of myself but damn I loved seeing that woman's heart break
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

-+!%%, I wanted to be Don the whole damn episode. Writing was on point. The whole adolescence speech to the cancer patients and some of the lines he said to Megan were on point.

- I honestly don't know how to feel about all this in general. I know I will read some negative reviews about this marriage move. Some "jump the shark" comments. About to read Sepinwall's take and the posted Weiner interview.

Shocking as hell to me. Mind is racing right now. At least they have me enthralled. 
In regards to jumping the shark, I could understand if some try to argue that, but we already had one season of Don being single... how long could we have expected it to last?  Faye even mentioned it when first meeting, that he wouldn't stay single for long. 
I thought it felt quick as well, but there were the moments that foreshadowed it, although I'm sure the intention was to make it quick. Don's feelings over Anna being gone, seeing the new girl with his children and how it represented something new and better. Don lives in the moment and if he wants something he takes it, so this move felt right.  Definitely agree with the Joan and Peggy scene, the understood and subtle moments of Peggy and Don's relationship are really great.

Overall I don't know what I expected out of this season, obviously I wanted Don to struggle and try to find himself and that happened, the fall out with Lucky Strike was great for the business aspect. We got some of Sterling's insecurities, unfortunately we no longer have Bert Cooper, which I felt was rushed but I understand the reasoning... just happened suddenly. I'm not surprised Don ended up with someone by the finale, although it would have happened eventually. To me, the next season will be one of the most important in the series. We kind of had an idea what to expect or want from the other seasons, Don's marriage breaking up, new agency, etc. but now it's going to be interesting to see what Weiner does, I have plenty of faith in him and no reason to doubt.

Originally Posted by KleanKicks

Well put, I was really hoping he would've stayed with Faye, she's better for him, the only down side I see is her not being so great with kids. But I certainly think Don is feeling a certain that he hasn't felt before causing him to go ahead and propose to Megan. Hmm, nothing like a scorned woman
laugh.gif
....hopefully Faye doesn't seek revenge against Don. Megan is prob gonna be a copywriter or something, them working together can be a major problem. It did seem that something was still missing at the end of the episode.

I hate Betty....
pimp.gif
at Glen raising his voice at her. Carla has been with them forever, like Henry said, it's gonna mess up the stability. She was def throwing herself at Don. She certainly was happy for him, with that long #%$ pause and the change in her face. We know she never liked Bethany, the time when they met, she was sick to her stomach that Don was moving with his life.

Originally Posted by KleanKicks

Well put, I was really hoping he would've stayed with Faye, she's better for him, the only down side I see is her not being so great with kids. But I certainly think Don is feeling a certain that he hasn't felt before causing him to go ahead and propose to Megan. Hmm, nothing like a scorned woman
laugh.gif
....hopefully Faye doesn't seek revenge against Don. Megan is prob gonna be a copywriter or something, them working together can be a major problem. It did seem that something was still missing at the end of the episode.

I hate Betty....
pimp.gif
at Glen raising his voice at her. Carla has been with them forever, like Henry said, it's gonna mess up the stability. She was def throwing herself at Don. She certainly was happy for him, with that long #%$ pause and the change in her face. We know she never liked Bethany, the time when they met, she was sick to her stomach that Don was moving with his life.

I thought I'd miss Mad Men this week, but 28 Days Later filled in just fine 
pimp.gif
One week till AMC takes over the 10pm time slot again 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I thought I'd miss Mad Men this week, but 28 Days Later filled in just fine 
pimp.gif
One week till AMC takes over the 10pm time slot again 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Faye > Megan though.....don clearly picked Megan because Sally gets along with her

Besides the menkens chick my dude Don's resume is perfect like wow

Faye > Megan though.....don clearly picked Megan because Sally gets along with her

Besides the menkens chick my dude Don's resume is perfect like wow

Back
Top Bottom