Official Madden NFL 13 Thread: Patch #4 Available 11/29; Details pg. 43

Basically from reading all the info, you choose to be the "Coach" in Connected Careers and you play just like you would a Franchise mode. They only issue is you can get fired from the team you pick if you do not play well and have to have a new team.
But yes, "Franchise Mode" name is dead but the aspects of Franchise mode are still there.

Correct.

The main parts of the franchise are there you just select "coach" if you select "player" and create a draft prospect you wont have the same controls as a head coach

This video explains it a little

trust me they didnt just scrap the franchise mode they gave it a new name and a different style

Last edited:
I'll be getting the gm in a few hours.

If yall want I'll start a new league for PS3...I call the ********.

You guys had me worried about the whole Franchise thing, but this excerpt from the IGN review cleared it up for me:

“It all adds up to Madden NFL 13 being something truly special.
This year, Franchise, Online Franchise, create a player and the rest are all shoved into Connected Career. You choose to play offline or on, and then decide if you want to be coach, a specific player or create a character. From there, it's the same experience regardless of the role (preseason, cuts, draft and so on). Head coaches will play both sides of the ball while a superstar will only play when he should be on the field. If you want to be a coach and I want to just be a halfback, we can both get what we want and play in the same online career. If I get bored of being a halfback, I can retire that player and start a new one or a coaching career in that same universe we've created -- complete with evolving draft classes and storylines to watch. It is 30 seasons of whatever we want."

^
I tried to explain it but I had to find the video

just peeped a video on ign about connected career and it sold me. just paypaled best buy and picking it up i right after class, first time im pumped for madden since ps2

Last edited:
After further review, this game is not my favorite. Maybe after some patches it will be better tho

Wow, that's a dealbreaker for me. I had it pre-ordered and was gonna go pick it up tonight, hope they let me cancel.

laugh.gif
Its SO dumb that they took that out if thats the case.  Ridiculous.

I copped last night and won the first game I played online using my sister's s/n..

So far aside from the dropped passes you guys complained about previously. Here's a few things I don't like:

- You can't run any slant routes to the outside. I thought I could maybe hot route a receiver, slant inside then motion him but aside he goes pass the QB the route flips back inside. I had so many money plays using that route. :smh:

-When you hot route a receive to to a curl route its a deep ***** curl route. Unlike last year where you could hot route then click R3 to do the smart route(break at the first down marker), this year, the curl seems to automatically go straight to the first down marker

-Line shifts don't work. It didn't matter which command I gave them. Pinching, spreading, left, and right.

How is the league gonna work? I remember joining last year but managed to play 1 or 2 games. The 360 guys seem to be more organized.

I just want fantasy draft b

you and me both

that is what I did every online with a group of guys

but it will be in next year

I hate when companies take something big away then bring it back like its a new feature :smh:

there is no draft period even offline

I'm just gonna play career mode as calvin johnson if i don't like it by friday i'm throwing it on craigslist and i'll wait for fifa :lol:

Correct.
The main parts of the franchise are there you just select "coach" if you select "player" and create a draft prospect you wont have the same controls as a head coach
This video explains it a little
trust me they didnt just scrap the franchise mode they gave it a new name and a different style[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

But you can't have multiple teams in the same "franchise" online...

Sucks!

so the verdict is in... game is pretty good actually.

havent bought madden since 09 but i was itching for a new game and couldnt wait for fifa.

gameplay is pretty solid. the new engine looks good (cant compare to the previous gen cuz i didnt play)

pass coverage is prettty difficult... cpl user picks in my first cpl games but def more fly bys leading to easy tds

jus beat the brakes off someone with the eagles... put up 72 online. only one pick 6. vick had 6 throwing and 1 rushing

shady mccoy is unstoppable. playaction to DJ is fun.

vicks running ability is a lil od tho... 

excited to play with Cam

But you can't have multiple teams in the same "franchise" online...
Sucks!

What u mean multiple teams?

Do a CC coaches ONLY and u and your Xbox live friends can pick any team to coach

U can only control one team at a time if that's what u getting at and it's always been like that since madden started online franchise

THE ONLY THING MAJOR out of the game is the Fantasy Draft in franchise mode on n offline and Edit Player

I'm sure the Zone defense & Dropped Passes will be patched by next months update happens every year

Back
Top Bottom